G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

6 speeds now super rare to buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
might as well then wait till feb/march for the 06...probably will get a better deal then on it then putting a deposit now...

Old 08-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
If they are barely budging for 05's what makes you think the 06 will have a discount?

For those with deposits on 06s...watch out for the "these are selling hot now, so we have to sell it for sticker; lets re-negotiate" ploy as the cars ACTUALLY start to seep into ports...

Oh and they also play games. For example, if a buyer is willing to pay MSRP for "your" "reserved" car, they will tell you that there is a "delay at port" until you get sick of them holding your money. Or they will even tell you "it got sold by another sales guy before I could get to it" bullshlt. Watch out, mark my words ALL THIS WILL HAPPEN!

They take your refunadable deposit now because nothing is official, no papers have been signed. They are only as good as thier word, and we all know how good a dealers word is ...

It happened in 05 and I guarantee it will happen in 06...that deposit yall put down now just buys you negotiation time later, not a car, since nothing is reserved unless you have signed a paper and HAVE a VIN...(which even in 05 people still lost "thier" car to another person after obtaining a VIN.)

Go VPP hunting now if you want to save...and pray they will honor it.

I'm going in this weekend, can I have them sign a computer printed paper I make. That says an 06 6mt coupe with the following options, delivered no later 30 days from their scheduled date for "X" amount of dollars above invoice?

Think they'll go for that?

Hooman

Old 08-03-2005, 11:36 PM
umm...if you want a 6mt now, dont let the dealers give you any **** about it being rare. it is a buyers market right now, imho. just keep looking and be willing to buy 100+ miles away, if not out of state. the out of state thing...who cares anyway, it is a fun drive in a new car, esp in a g35 6mt

Old 08-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by Hooman6MT
I'm going in this weekend, can I have them sign a computer printed paper I make. That says an 06 6mt coupe with the following options, delivered no later 30 days from their scheduled date for "X" amount of dollars above invoice?

Think they'll go for that?

Hooman

I'd be willing to bet No.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:01 AM
get this

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...2&page=3&pp=15

im sure the guy can work it out, looks like new

just an option

Old 08-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
If they are barely budging for 05's what makes you think the 06 will have a discount?

For those with deposits on 06s...watch out for the "these are selling hot now, so we have to sell it for sticker; lets re-negotiate" ploy as the cars ACTUALLY start to seep into ports...

Oh and they also play games. For example, if a buyer is willing to pay MSRP for "your" "reserved" car, they will tell you that there is a "delay at port" until you get sick of them holding your money. Or they will even tell you "it got sold by another sales guy before I could get to it" bullshlt. Watch out, mark my words ALL THIS WILL HAPPEN!

They take your refunadable deposit now because nothing is official, no papers have been signed. They are only as good as thier word, and we all know how good a dealers word is ...

It happened in 05 and I guarantee it will happen in 06...that deposit yall put down now just buys you negotiation time later, not a car, since nothing is reserved unless you have signed a paper and HAVE a VIN...(which even in 05 people still lost "thier" car to another person after obtaining a VIN.)

Go VPP hunting now if you want to save...and pray they will honor it.

I can understand this for the 06's, but for an 05 that the dealership is waiting to receive in under a month that I put a 1k deposit down on and receive a vin number for (after negotiating a price with the fleet manager), the dealership could still sell this "reserved" car to someone else? If that's true, it seems "unconscionable" What would my consideration be for me giving the dealership 1k? Whether it is refundable or not does not matter- What's the point of the deposit then (giving something in exchange for nothing?) If this is true why do people put down deposits all the time?

What would your advice be then, if car deposit reservations are bs?

Old 08-04-2005, 01:58 AM
dude, where are you. let's get an city so we can sit here and make internet offers on a 6mt. best deal wins!

Old 08-04-2005, 02:07 AM
I commend you if you can find a better deal on a 6mt DG fully loaded for less than 1200 below MSRP in Illinois

Old 08-04-2005, 02:11 AM
yea i too am lookin for the same thing as jonnylaw but in white or dg...and dealers in illinois won't BUDGE on the 6mt!!! im juss going to wait it out and get a 06 6mt in dec/jan.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by jonnylaw
I can understand this for the 06's, but for an 05 that the dealership is waiting to receive in under a month that I put a 1k deposit down on and receive a vin number for (after negotiating a price with the fleet manager), the dealership could still sell this "reserved" car to someone else? If that's true, it seems "unconscionable" What would my consideration be for me giving the dealership 1k? Whether it is refundable or not does not matter- What's the point of the deposit then (giving something in exchange for nothing?) If this is true why do people put down deposits all the time?

What would your advice be then, if car deposit reservations are bs?

My advice is to wait and do "walk-ins" as the cars start to arrive. Giving a deposit just puts you into a queue of others waiting as well. It only gives you priority for that EXACT car you want. The dealing comes later. If you don't like the deal (or if they have someones else wiaitng for that car) they may tell you take it or leave it knowing damn well someone else waiting for that same car with a 1K reservation like you at the same dealership already agreed to MSRP).

In summary, a deposit only gives you "first dibs" to negotiate meaning you'll be the first they call. A deposit means jack to a dealer and does not mean the car that comes in will be yours...you have no idea how many threads were started through out the year about people complaining about how dealers backed out of "pre negotiated" deals or found out thier car was sold...etc...

I don't know how else I would go about this since myself here in SoCal paid MSRP and had my car the first week they were released in January. I never put a deposit down, just my name and made it seem like I was dead serious...and still got my car before a handful of people who put deposts down and waited several months.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Try Infiniti of Lisle.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Repsol
Features might be worth waiting for. If you can wait until next summer, that might even be better that way you should have more bargaining power.
Then you'll be telling him to wait for the long gossiped '07

I think people who buy '06's are stupid. Why buy a car that will be out of style next year? If you like HP and a niiiiceeee HUD, get an '05, If you like Toruqe and cheaper price for the same stuff, get an '03-4

Old 08-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Jtrain
...I think people who buy '06's are stupid. ...
You flippin' idiot! You don't think! Don't give yourself that much credit!

Old 08-04-2005, 01:00 PM
I have email confirmation of a 06 6mt coupe for 650 over invoice. I have another one from a second dealer in san diego for 1000 over invoice. I confirmed with them 3 times, and have it in writing. Do I win?

Hooman

Old 08-04-2005, 01:29 PM
wow that is a great deal you got there for a 06 Hooman. so did the dealer mention when you should be getting your car? and im assuming you ordered a 6mt again?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6 speeds now super rare to buy?