G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

too many tickets...:(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too many tickets...:(

dang, got my 3rd speeding ticket today in my g and have only had the car for a year! (actually, now that i think about it, its only 2. got my 2nd ticket in a g35 sedan loaner when i dropped off my car for service)

gah, anyway, this car is way too tempting. so hard to not hit it when you are driving around, have the windows down, and hear the exaust note! had a nissan x-terra for 5 years before this car and never got a single speeding ticket. the g makes me feel like i am 16 again or something. kinda strange tho, i used to drive the x-terra at the same speed. much less safe, but i get more tickets now.

at least i still have 0 pts on my record. 1st one was no points due to GA law about pleading "no contest", thereby making the ticket a 0 pter. 2nd ticket, cop didnt show so it was dismissed. 3rd one, i got today, so i guess we'll see what happens.

ok, done ranting!

p.s. most likely, someone is gonna want to post something like "you're a moron...you deserve it...slow down, you are a danger other ppl on the road...blah blah blah", plz dont bother! its so overdone and cliche on this board!

p.s.s. btw - all joking aside on the saftey issue. everytime, it has been in the middle of day, no traffic, no pedestrains. i just drive fast and this car is an "enabler" for ppl that drive fast!

Old 08-04-2005, 08:16 PM
do you have a radar detector?

Old 08-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by achen
do you have a radar detector?
negitive, i dont think it would have helped tho. 2 tickets were laser, not radar. i know detectors will read laser, but i have heard that by the time you detect laser, it is too late anyway. any one want to chime in regarding whether or not this is true?

the 3rd one, i was paced from behind. the officer was like, "i am putting you down for 90 cause i was going 90 and i couldnt even keep up for a while. you dont even want me to put down the speed that i thought you were going"

in my mind, i was like LMAO, "if i had know that, i would have just pushed it to 150 and lost you" of course, i didnt say that. that would be truly moronic, not just kinda moronic (the case in which you just dont learn your lesson, like me)

anyway, i dont think a detector would have helped in any of the circumstances. for ppl who have been hit with laser + a detector, please contribute. i would like to know if it is worth getting or not....

Old 08-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Place a piece of wood under the Gas pedal so you can't go so fast

Old 08-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Congratulations. It seems you've found your hidden talent.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:20 PM
0 points? lucky!
i got a ticket for a red light, a point for a stop sign(dmv doesnt count the point but insurance does), a point for 60 in 35, and two points for 106 in 65

Old 08-04-2005, 10:26 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
I've been lucky so far. No speeding tix in the 8 months of having the car (evidently I did run a red light though). Its just too easy to get her above the limit. If I go through with this S/C install in a few weeks....I'll need a V1 and a prayer to keep that track record with this car....

Old 08-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Downshift and just run it at 3500 rpms so you get to hear the exhaust note without going so fast

Old 08-04-2005, 10:31 PM
WOW WOW WOW.....you got your ticket dropped because the cop didn't show up?????? I asked someone about that and they told me that since it was a state trooper that they didn't have to be there because they were short staffed and had to be at other courts. Is there a lawyer on this board that could straighten this out??? ( I live in SC )

Old 08-04-2005, 10:35 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Contesting a ticket is like a mini trial. The burden is on the State (or in this case, the police). If they do not show up, there is no way for them to introduce evidence of you speeding. The ticket itself is hearsay. So...if the cop doesn't show...then the ticket gets thrown out. At least thats how it works in Florida.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:37 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Maybe you should hook up with Ketch - he just got 5 tickets in 2 days...

Old 08-04-2005, 10:40 PM
The only thing about contesting tickets in court is that the cop gets paid over-time that entire day just to show up and find you guilty. (this is in CA, not sure if the law is the same elseware.)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.