G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Valet Prestige

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valet Prestige

Out here in LA, when I valet my car, it gets the Toyota Corolla treatment.

What are you folk's experience with valeting your car? Anyone have there's parked smack in the front of the building (club, restuarant, hotel) and get the real G35 treatment?

Old 08-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They cant tell the diff between ferarris or civics. They just do thier job. Some dont drive stick all to well. I am just happy if they could speak english.

Old 08-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Uh, I'm scared to valet my car cause I usually see these like 18/19 year olds out there and... that just scares me. Why yes, I am that age too... so I know I wouldn't want to let myself valet another car.

I once went to a semi-nice place in LA though, where I got pretty good treatment and the guy didnt treat my car like there was no tomorrow.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:26 PM
the car scene isn't that bad out here in atlanta, I went out with my friends and I valeted the car. Came out, there it was right smack in the front. It was one of my proudest moments. well it was cool anyway. never happened in my jetta.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Actually, when I first bought my 03 Coupe, they parked it right up front next to a CLK430, Lotus Esprit, Porsche Turbo, and SL500. I was so proud. Now that there are so many of em, It never gets parked up front, but that one day was one to remember. haha.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Z2G
why would you want to valet your car either way? i've heard too many horror stories concerning valet parking and damage to your car and joyriding. my friend used a valet in philly and they took his car out to get a pizza

Old 08-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Out here in Cali, you have two choices..either valet your car at some of these clubs....or park 2 blocks away and walk..sometimes through the ghetto to get to the club. Some guy got car jacked about a year ago for his spinners when he self-parked and walked towards a Hollywood night club.

If you know LA, I'm talking Koreatown...or Sunset Strip in West Hollywood..you can't street park w/o a permit.....

....so basically you have no choice, but to valet.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Florida G35 Club Premier Member
Went out one night and had to valet, or walk miles, or risk towing.. valet got to drive my car. When I came out it was not out in front but down the street and I was able to watch him pull it back in to the parking lot, when he got out he complemented on how "fun the car was to drive with a stick". This leads me to think that he had to much "fun" just parking my car....I told the "fun" was his tip. This also sealed the deal... no one else will valet my car.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KingKong626
Out here in Cali, you have two choices..either valet your car at some of these clubs....or park 2 blocks away and walk..sometimes through the ghetto to get to the club.
Amen! When I first moved to San Francisco I remember going out to a bar and parking my car in a spot on the street. A guy walked up and said "It's $10 for me to watch your car", what he really meant was "It's $10 for me not to smash all your windows". Valet is the only option.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
If you really want your car to be park up in the front, just tell the valet dude you'll give him an extra 5 if he parks it at the front.

Whenever I go to hollywood to grub or clubbin', I make sure the valet has a spot for the baller a$$ rydes.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:52 PM
The bums are notorious for that up in SF...especially around Folsom...where a lot of clubs are.

I usually tell them I'm a supervisor at the local homeless shelter and they get off my case and watch my G for free.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:06 PM
I remember those bums south of Market standing in street spaces. When you pull up they wave you in like they have decided to let you park there and are helping you park. You get out and they ask for money. We generally threatened them saying that we lived in the area and would beat them like there was no tomorrow if anything happened to the car. Yeah, that's not very friendly, but they are threatening your car first.

I don't live in SF anymore. I don't miss the parking hassles there ever. Or the crack ******, for the filipino speed dealers, or the dicks that stole my acura, or overpriced everything....

ok, ok, it's not all bad.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Haha, SF was my favorite city to live in, regardless of it's flaws. And ya, after awhile you learn how to deal with the street urchins.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a dinner appointment at the GardenGrill...when i let a valet park my Honda
at the NewOtani, they broke my lip spoiler.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Z2G
i've lived in socal for a bit of time and never had problems finding parking. even as a student with a old honda passport, i would still never valet my car when i went clubbing or bar-hopping. now, i live in norcal and usually take my wife's car when we go into the city to socialize.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valet Prestige