G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My baby is gone!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i definatly want another g but i was waiting on the skyline to come out than i was gonna trade y g in, i love the g but i dont think it will be worth it for only one year. I had the vdc off because having the computer off saves alot of gas for some reason

Old 08-07-2005, 06:53 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fabulustt7
well i definatly want another g but i was waiting on the skyline to come out than i was gonna trade y g in, i love the g but i dont think it will be worth it for only one year. I had the vdc off because having the computer off saves alot of gas for some reason
The G saved your butt bro, glad you're ok. Get a new one and you'll be all better again.

That's a new theory about saving gas with the VDC off. I'd like to hear more about that.

C.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:01 PM
my cousin has a z and he did a test with his vdc off and his mpgs were at high 20's. my mpgs were at 22 with a shift pattern of 2-4-6, than i started driveing with th vdc off with this shift pattern and they went up to 27, 28

Old 08-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
maybe u should've posted more often xP

sorry about your car.. sure you'll get a new one G or something better! Sure u thought of it already but just incase u didnt.. i wouldnt mention the VDC off thing to the insurance company.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:35 PM
should of hit the deer. at least your insurance wouldn't go up if you hit it. good luck with the insurance and hope your premium doesn't jump too high

i've been on the board for a while too. i was planning on getting a G35 a while ago, when i sold my bike, buti decided to get another one. Now i just sold it again, and im planning on getting a G35c or 330 in the next couple of weeks.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:42 PM
i guess lesson learned...

deer , squirrel, possum, turtle... whatever, hit it and take your chances... its always when you try to dodge you pay more.

sorry to hear about the loss, grab those deer whistles next time &/or a loud exhaust and it should protect you alittle from animals... cops thats another story.

thats really interesting about the VDC saving fuel... I'll have to try that for a couple tank fulls and see the results...

ppp

Old 08-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Man glad your OK, the G is a good car to crash in if you must crash in something, sorry to hear she is gone... Says something about the integrity of the drivers area since it looked so bad, but you were protected enough to survive, again, I'm glad your OK.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:16 PM
interesting, i may be interested in this theory as i only get like 15mpg..

Old 08-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Sukairain
Thank God you are alright. It's a beautiful piece of machine, but it can be replaced with a better, faster, and upgraded model that's coming out in August. It's good to hear the safety features in the car saved your life. Be careful next time and leave the VDC on. I usually only turn VDC off on the track, or wanted to make a quick U-Turn.
I agree. I've always just let it stay on. I guess if it was the theory of gas you were testing then that's ok...I just hope you weren't another person swearing that the VDC will GET you into accidents...we have a few of those people here...

In any case, glad your ok man. That's what counts.

I might need to try that gas mileage theory though.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am glad that you are okay. Like others have mentioned, that is the most important thing. Then your car, then the dear Anyways, the insurance company should take care of you just fine and you will be on the road again with your 06 G!

Old 08-08-2005, 12:00 AM
► Matt ◄
hey guys..... this is my first post ever. I have been on the forum since be4 i had a g, but never had much to say i would always just read. But now my baby is gone and i feel like i need to say a few words. She was an 03 6mt wit everything in it. I loved her. i washed her every 3 days. but last night was bad. I was driving home from my girlfriends house, on this dark back road i always take, and a dear just jumped out infront of me, now im not the best driver but i consider myself among the above average, and this dear really tested me. the g's handling is tight so i was able to manuever around the dear but my back end kicked out jus a lil to much. I started spining with no control of the car at all, of course the vdc was off. next thing i new i slammmed into a tree. i got out with only one scratch on my wrist and thats from my watch, and called 911 and the rushed me to the hospital. as i was being put on the stretcher i finally looked at her and i have no clue how i survived. This is the worst car accident i have ever seen, the cops couldn't even tell wut kinda car it was, and they consider it totalled. Next i have to deal with the insurance company, pray for me
Man, when it comes down to it your life has absolutely no comparision to a car. Like everyone else said, its a machine... as much as we all love our cars it has a price tag.. and my friend their is no price tag on your life. Its a relief to hear you walked out unharmed. Be very thankful for the car, it saved your life.. insurance will take care of the car. Best regards and keep us posted on how it goes and what car you select as a replacement.

Matt