G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

06 g35 or Turbo my 05 rsx-s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2005 | 06:18 AM
I think you kids driving around your parents' G's, thinking the car is yours because they bought it for you and that you deserve it, are absolutely worthless. You won't amount to a thing in this world because you'll never do a hard day's worth of work and you'll free-load off of your parents or someone else throughout your adult years. I saw it happen to all the privileged kids I knew in college, not a single one ever made anything worthwhile out of the vast opportunities they were given.

In a way I almost feel sorry for you, but mostly I just think you all are worthless.

Old 08-08-2005 | 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by T-Far
Ok so the situation is this. My 18th bday is coming up and my parents wanna buy me somethign nice ( i bought my 05rsx-s ) and i said how about a turbo? So they investigate the idea but dont like the smog issues (california) and the voiding the warantee.. Soooo they suggested buying me a new car a 350z or a g35... i personally love teh g35, its goregeous but im not sure if its the better choice... I will be heavily modding the g if i get one so in the long run the g will be faster than a turbo 05rsxs... once i research more of the g35 i'll know if i can turbo it and have warrantee and etc... anywayz i'd like to hear from everyone !!!
If you have the money to put a turbo on the car then saying warranty in the same sentence doesn't really mix. Putting a turbo on your car you are going to have a hard time getting anything with the Engine or Trans fixed. If you are worried about the smog and warranty issues why not try an EVO or WRX STI? I would still want a Twin Turbo G35 over those two. But with the warranty issues and smog issues you might want to consider a factory turbo car. Really your call.

Old 08-08-2005 | 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by aerisolphaln
I think you kids driving around your parents' G's, thinking the car is yours because they bought it for you and that you deserve it, are absolutely worthless. You won't amount to a thing in this world because you'll never do a hard day's worth of work and you'll free-load off of your parents or someone else throughout your adult years. I saw it happen to all the privileged kids I knew in college, not a single one ever made anything worthwhile out of the vast opportunities they were given.

In a way I almost feel sorry for you, but mostly I just think you all are worthless.
Yep, you are correct. Mom and dad could have done the same for me when I was young. Glad they didn't now.

Old 08-08-2005 | 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by xswl0931
Get the G. Ignore these guys who are jealous of your age and money. I worked to buy my own G35, but if you have an opportunity to get a G, do it.
He doesn't have any money. His parents do. Enjoy it though.

Old 08-08-2005 | 08:10 AM
whats the point of this thread?
he says he has an rsx-s and can get a g, and he can get either and would 'heavily' mod either, and he's asking what to do? that doesnt make sense.

Old 08-08-2005 | 08:29 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
This thread makes me want to sell my car.

Old 08-08-2005 | 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by T-Far
naw thats just ridiculous
a G isnt a cheap car to begin with and from what I've read modding it will get really pricey plus you run the risk of voiding the warranty anyways. So why not get a M3? I love my G but if I could I would get a M3 anyday.

On a side note, 17 & 18 and owning a G is insane. My car throughout h.s. was a beatup 91 accord... you know you're jealous

Old 08-08-2005 | 09:16 AM
I worked for all my cars -- but you got a good thing going -- so don't blow it....

I used to own an MR2 Turbo, Acura Integra, and just sold my '04 WRX this weekend (currently own a '05 G35 coupe). RWD coupes are just more fun, and as you add power -- laws of physics dictate that RWD can take you farther as you add power without doing bizarre changes to your vehicle to keep your front-end down.

The WRX was fantastic - and I've driven STIs on several occassions. Money doesn't seem to be a problem with you so my recommendation - get the STI or one of the Lancer EVOs. Factory-backed speed is great. AWD in a performance car is something to behold. (And if you go with the STI -- I liked the products from COBB. http://www.cobbtuning.com.) For the best-bang-for-your-buck crowd -- get the Neon SRT-4.

But the best advice -- take the money and go send yourself to a performance driving school. There will always be someone out there that can out-spend you and buy their performance. It's a lot more fun, and satisfying if you can beat a BMW or Merc in a road course because of your superior SKILL -- and that translates to any car you might own.

Old 08-08-2005 | 09:16 AM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
I think you kids driving around your parents' G's, thinking the car is yours because they bought it for you and that you deserve it, are absolutely worthless.
OMFG that was funny. I almost pi$sed myself.

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 08-08-2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-08-2005 | 09:17 AM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Laughing so hard I clicked twice. My bust. I'm a post ***** so I really don't regret it..

Old 08-08-2005 | 09:53 AM
G's Up, Ho's Down
Here's my $.02....

Someone already said what I would have. At 18 a EVO or WRX Sti would be much more fun. It sounds like you enjoy the performance aspect of a vehicle whereas a G is more a near-luxury sports coupe. The G35 i doin a 5.8-6.0 whereas a WRX Sti can scoot to 60 in 4.8. Modify that and forget about it, u are talking Ferrari territory. If you are worried about the warranty then no matter what u get you will limit yourself to what u can do and get away with. At least with a STI or EVO your already at a extremely high performance level. If you havent driven a STI go to your nearest dealer, its a amazing vehicle. Again if i was 18 I would rather have a ultra-high performance vehicle over a luxury car.

Last edited by BocaCoupe; 08-08-2005 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-08-2005 | 10:17 AM
So we're on a G35 forum... and yet there are still people telling him to not get a G35... oh the irony!

Old 08-08-2005 | 10:25 AM
Here is another issue. Kid lives in cali, and I can it getting harder and harder to own a modified car in that state, between the fuel and smog issues and the crackdown on modded cars being street racers in SAC it would be really hard to do much to the car and not get tickets for it...

And stock for stock you can get into alot more trouble with a evo or sti...I used to own a very very very fast subie and would hear all the time kids getting one or the other and going way too fast thinking the awd would save them, then lifting off the throttle and chasing a grove of trees or telephone pole with the *** end of the car...

Old 08-08-2005 | 12:05 PM
Keep your 05 RSX-S. Give your parents a break and save money for college.

Old 08-08-2005 | 12:54 PM

wow did not want to give that one a response but that was such a rude comment i couldnt help. i dont have a G but some people are lucky and set better in life with money. Doesnt mean they dont deserve it sounds like jealousy. I have a 328 and i bought it with my own money, but one of my friends was lucky enough to get an A6 then a year later get a g35(hes probably reading this lol) but hes 18 now and i wouldnt call him spoiled just lucky. I have no ill will towards him and think his position is awesome. So dont make rude comments like this keep it to yourself because that imature and unnecesary.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 06 g35 or Turbo my 05 rsx-s