G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need your Help!! G-35 or BMW-525i

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
525.. yuck. rather buy the 330I with everything.

Old 08-10-2005, 10:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jack Dotson
Hello everyone, first time poster. I'm having a hard time deciding between these two cars and have several questions for you guys. I'm not a racer (I'm 48), but I still appreciate a nice ride. I really like the way the G-35 looks, but the closest dealer is 150 miles, so I've only seen the car and never even set in it. I've been trying to read all I can and there are three things about the car that keep coming up. 1. Cheap looking interior materials. 2. Uncomfortable seats which cause back pain (also problem with leg pain due to location of controls). 3. Stiff and jolty (is that a word?) suspension.

I'm looking for the best cross between luxury and sport. I lean toward comfort and luxury where available (age is catching up with me), so I'm not really interested in the sport package (and stiffer suspension that comes with it), although, I do like the way the aero package looks. How is the ride on this car without the sport package?

The seat issue really worries me. Nothing worse than a really uncomfortable seat. I'll be using this car on some long trips and I'm a heavy guy (yeah, that's a nice word for it) 5'10" 240lbs. Any heavy guys out there care to chime-in on the seat comfort?

The interior I've seen and it looks O.K. to me, but I want the wood trim package for sure.

I'm considering the premium package. I really don't care that much about a sunroof, but I do like the upgraded stereo (If Bose is really and upgrade?), garage opener, etc. How are both stereo's?

Any response and feedback is appreciated. I realize I will have to do a good test drive, etc., but it will be a couple of weeks at the earliest and I'm just trying to get all the info I can on both cars before making a decision. I would especially like hear from those of you who have test both.

Thanks!

So you want us to convince you that you should buy a beautiful $35K G35 coupe with 298 HP rather than a butt ugly underpowered $50K 525. Hmmm, that's going to be a tough one. Let me give that some thought. BTW if you are new to car forums, they attract people who have issues with their cars. You'll find the same litany of problems on any car forum, be it BMW, Porsche, MB, etc. Just hang out on any forum, and you'll be reluctant to buy that model, unless you have your own personal experiences with the car.

1. Cheap materials has already been addressed. The '05s may not be top flight but they certainly aren't cheap looking.
2. For every person who finds the seats uncomfortable, I'd be willing to bet that there are 100 who find them comfortable. The 100 who find them comfortable aren't gong to post a thread saying "I love my G35 comfortable seats" but you better believe that the one who finds the seats uncomfortable will post a "I hate the G35 seats." BTW owners who like their seats will more than likely ignore this thred but those who don't like the seats will read it and offer their negative support.
3. If you are looking for a comfortable ride I'd get the sedan without any suspension upgrades. You are also more than likely to find the sedan seats a tad more comfortable than those in the coupe.

Old 08-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
another vote for the m35/m45

Old 08-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I would go with the G35

Old 08-10-2005, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack Dotson
Hello everyone, first time poster. I'm having a hard time deciding between these two cars and have several questions for you guys. I'm not a racer (I'm 48), but I still appreciate a nice ride. I really like the way the G-35 looks, but the closest dealer is 150 miles, so I've only seen the car and never even set in it. I've been trying to read all I can and there are three things about the car that keep coming up. 1. Cheap looking interior materials. 2. Uncomfortable seats which cause back pain (also problem with leg pain due to location of controls). 3. Stiff and jolty (is that a word?) suspension.

I'm looking for the best cross between luxury and sport. I lean toward comfort and luxury where available (age is catching up with me), so I'm not really interested in the sport package (and stiffer suspension that comes with it), although, I do like the way the aero package looks. How is the ride on this car without the sport package?

The seat issue really worries me. Nothing worse than a really uncomfortable seat. I'll be using this car on some long trips and I'm a heavy guy (yeah, that's a nice word for it) 5'10" 240lbs. Any heavy guys out there care to chime-in on the seat comfort?

The interior I've seen and it looks O.K. to me, but I want the wood trim package for sure.

I'm considering the premium package. I really don't care that much about a sunroof, but I do like the upgraded stereo (If Bose is really and upgrade?), garage opener, etc. How are both stereo's?

Any response and feedback is appreciated. I realize I will have to do a good test drive, etc., but it will be a couple of weeks at the earliest and I'm just trying to get all the info I can on both cars before making a decision. I would especially like hear from those of you who have test both.

Thanks!
Whoops, major mistake! That should have been 325i.

Old 08-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Thanks to everyone for all the responses, but I really goofed! I meant a comparison between the G-35 coupe and the BMW-325i. Pretty close in price range. I'm not really interested in the Sedan, although I'm sure it probably feels my needs more then the coupe. I do realize I have to give up something, but the looks are important and to me the coupe looks allot better than the sedan.

We have a new 4-runner, so I've got some space. I'm just getting rid of my bike and looking for something else to satisfy my middle age crazies.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:13 AM
G35 hands down over a 325i. No reason to get the 325i over a G35 imho.

Old 08-11-2005, 12:26 AM
Call the Cops
M35

184 hp for a 45-50k car doesnt seem to cut it for me