G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

yet another heres my baby..IP 6mt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2005 | 01:05 AM
|
yet another heres my baby..IP 6mt

got her tonight...been waiting for this car for a while now....not really happy that the car had the door trim, but it might be a blessing in disguise if it helps prevent door dings....Navi, 6spd, premium..It's a wonderful car, smooth and percise.

Before I even took delivery of the car I put a order in for a UTR grill..Hope to have a photoshoot of the car in the next two weeks...

On a side note, the seats are comfy, but my tubby *** could stand to loose a few pounds, I twitch and shift around and the controls can sometimes press on my leg a little. Its not something I noticed on a test drive of a used one, which leads me to believe that as the seats break in the problem will go away, that and I'm getting my self back to the gym now anyway..

Old 08-12-2005 | 01:11 AM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
Congrats on a beautiful new G.

Old 08-12-2005 | 01:12 AM
|
thanks...I'm not going to go crazy on this car, I learned my lesson on my wrx, just some odds and ends to make it more fun to enjoy the car.

Old 08-12-2005 | 01:17 AM
nice ride .... is it me or do the moldings seem a little high?

Old 08-12-2005 | 01:19 AM
awesome, sweet ride, love the white, Im picking up my DG 6spd this weekend. enjoy.

Old 08-12-2005 | 01:22 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Couple of things:

1. Out of all the manual cars I've driven, the G has been the least smooth (talking about taking off, smoothness of shifts, etc). What do you exactly mean by smooth? Just curious.

2. You can have the dealer remove the body side moldings. No one will ever know they were there.

Congrats on the ride

Old 08-12-2005 | 01:24 AM
Did you get a good $$$ deal ???
VPP or a few hundred over invoice since it's getting late for 05s ?

Old 08-12-2005 | 01:57 AM
|
I think the moldings in the end will save my doors so I will spare them....

as for my smoothness comments. I feel that the car in everyway is just smooth. From the power delivery to the steering input. Everything just flows together and works really well together. As for the clutch I really like it, it has a much more positive feel then the sti clutch I had in the sti 6spd swap..That clutch was nice but really vauge as to when the clutch would engage, it was almost like a on-off switch. The clutch on the G is more of a linear feel to it, but it you aren't smooth and good with everything it is going to buck, and object a little.

as for the deal, my father is a employee of holman....so I paid what the dealer paid for the car plus half the prep costs...So in the end I got a INCREDIBLE deal.

And to touch on the feel of the tranny, yeah its a little notchy, but I love that, it gives the car a slight mechanical feel when its surrounded by all that refinement. I like it, but then again I love everything about the car too. I would pull the seat controls out of the seat if I could though....just a bad design.

but that is a minor gripe about a car that is miles above what my subaru was in build quality. YES my subie would run this thing down and destroy it, BUT there wasn't much on the road that was quicker....BUT it lacked a ton of daily driven refinement and civility...Everything in the subaru was frantic. You grabbed gears left and right and you blasted through a corner, slid a little and rocketd towards the next corner....holding on for dear life.

With the g everything just flows and is just a more pure driving car then the subaru was. This has all the great qualities of a sports car and the plushness of a luxury mark..The car has a synergy to it, and I love it.

Old 08-12-2005 | 02:53 AM
THE BATMOBILE
congrats............very nice

Old 08-12-2005 | 03:45 AM
Nice, cherish how your G looks right now, never gonna loook this good again.

Old 08-12-2005 | 01:51 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Congrats, welcome to the G family.

Old 08-12-2005 | 01:56 PM
Congrats!! Man, now you will be finding every excuse to leave the house to drive it.

The door trim actually doesn't look too badly.

-Andy

Old 08-12-2005 | 02:13 PM
Take off your door trim. I took mine off. It was easy. It's just double sided taped on there.

Old 08-12-2005 | 07:57 PM
Congrats on your new G. I would take the door trim off. It gives new lines to the car and takes away the natural sleekness the car was designed to look like. I took mine off of my First G. My brand new G that I bought a couple of weeks ago didn't have it. But it had the badging, which the dealer wouldn't take off for me. I took it to Lexus in Tustin, California and they did it for free. I used to own a Lexus IS. Infiniti Tustin has crappy service, and so does Riverside. Tustin Lexus has the best service out of any dealer I have ever dealt with. I traded my Lexus in, and they're still brown-nosing my ***. I love Tustin Lexus Service. Only problem is.....................They're LEXUS...lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: yet another heres my baby..IP 6mt