G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Unofficial 2006 G35C Photos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey skyline (phonetically spelled)

I just got back from Taiwan last night (military/business trip) and actually got to see the boats unloading the new 2006 G35's on my way to the airport. They look a lot like your modified 2003/4 G, especially the photos you showed of the killer projectors. Good work with the breaking news! I too will be posting photos soon, just give me a second. I sent in my $189.54 for my annual fees for your rag. When will it show up in the mail? Can I pay more money for back ordered issues? Can I call you skyline-O? (phonetically spelled of course)

Old 08-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Oh boy, what have I started.........

1) Taiwanese vs Chinese - Taiwanese is a 'nationality' and Chinese is an 'ethnicity.' I think most people fight over the wrong things when someone stands up and say "I am Taiwanese." I am Taiwanese by nationality, and Chinese by ethnicity. I speak both Mandarin and Taiwanese (which is actually modified Fujianese w/ Japanese infusion). Green party vs blue party is irrelevant to me since the bigger picture is democracy vs communism. I am not arrogant enough as to say one is better than the other, but the point has to be made that Taiwan is an independent country from China, regardless of what the Communist government insists on the world.

ANYWAYZZZZZZ...... back to the G35C.

I am in Taiwan, and I've been snooping around for G35C news since the plane landed. I've got some video and sound clips of the 06 coupe, but I don't have a server to post them. I spent a good 2 hours chatting with the owner of the black G35C, (which apparently is the same one pictured in earlier posts) and then spend another hour in the parking lot. Here are some additional info:

Headlights:

1) As stated above, the 'clearance strip' is now a part of the headlight housing with three folds running down the side. There are no optics in the raffles, but simply painted plastic like the rest of the housing. The owner of the vehicle told me the new strip works very well in the day time, but at night it's invisible. There are no easy way to put clearance strip back into the 06, unless someone takes apart the headlight, dremel out the strip, glue a custom optic strip there, and then rewire the 5w bulb to the space........ It'd be easier to do a projector retrofit on a 03-05 headlight and clear out the orange turn signal lense.

2) At night, the headlights look very different from our coupes. Only the projector HID and the 5watt bulb in the fog light housing lights up. The turn signal no longer illuminates as our cars, and obviously there is no more clearance light. At night, I cannot identify the vehicle as a G35C because I am used to seeing the clearance strip from the side and orange turn signal from the front.

3) 03 G35 Coupe better than 04, 05 & 06? I don't know about that. 04 has a better center console, 05 has 298 hp, 19" forged wheels and a new interior, now 06 has projector headlight and more interior amenity. I think 03 coupes win more shows because it's been around the longest, so the show cars have the most stuff on there. All I can say is Caribbean Blue & Brembos. I think with the exception of Brembos, 06 > 05 > 04 > 03, which is a good thing for Infiniti. I am glad Infiniti listens to customer complains and address the issues promptly.

4) I still don't know what the heck happened to the exhaust. When I asked the owner to rev his engine for me, all I heard was the engine whine. I didn't hear a hint of the the familiar exhaust note even when he started the car. I know it's not my ears because I heard 6 FX35's drove by with the signature howling. The 06 exhaust I heard sounded more quiet than a G35 sedan. The owner also told me he was dissapointed in the 06 exhaust. (that and not having the clearance strip or Caribbean Blue as a choice of color) The strange thing is that a Taiwanese video review of the G35C had the familiar exhaust sound. ??? Really confused here. I really hope the US spec 2006 G35C will retain the 03-05 exhaust note.

5) Hey Neff, you should have PM'ed me so I could take you out to some boba shop in Taiwan. hahahaha

Old 08-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
More Pics

Attached Thumbnails Unofficial 2006 G35C Photos-img_0538.jpg   Unofficial 2006 G35C Photos-img_0540.jpg   Unofficial 2006 G35C Photos-img_0542.jpg   Unofficial 2006 G35C Photos-img_0551.jpg  
Old 08-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Jiwon
What would you do/ if Americans take over Canada? /if Canadians take over

America? lol

well i think i would deny being Canadian at first, but then i will eventually have to live with it. theres nothing i can do, but accept being one of them.

sorry for bring up the topic

by the looks of the 2006, i think i should just get a 2005 since it looks exactly the same besides the headlights

Old 08-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Is it me or do the taillights appear a little larger?

Old 08-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Z2G
wasn't most of the body changes (sideskirts, front bumper, and spoiler) only done to the 2006 6mt's?

Old 08-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool pics

Old 08-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Is the Intelligent Key the same feature the AMG Mercedes-Benz have? The key is a thin card, you carry around. Once you get near the vehicle it unlocks & once you step inside you just have to push the circular start button?

Definetly a cool feature.

Old 08-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by VakhariaINC
Is the Intelligent Key the same feature the AMG Mercedes-Benz have? The key is a thin card, you carry around. Once you get near the vehicle it unlocks & once you step inside you just have to push the circular start button?

Definetly a cool feature.
Similar in idea but no card, just a key fob.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by gettaluvr
yes bloodline is the same, so what, american has the same bloodline as british so why do people in USA call themself american not british ? of course we call ourself Taiwanese because Taiwan is a country and we were born in there wouldnt that make me a Taiwanese? if not, shouldnt all the american call themself british or all the canadian should call themself british too.

look at the way chinese people thinks and you will see why communist country should not be allowed. they been taught nothing else but only what thier goverment wants them to know.
what's freedom i guess chinese people will never know

The thing bugs me the most is nationalism. America won her freedom after fighting for it. Our founding fathers and the inhibitants are willing to raise arm to fight for the freedom. Majority of people in Taiwan especially those in power who promotes independence send their kids out of country to dodge draft and avoid joining the military. No one wants to join the army there everyone think of ways to get their kids out. So we got bunch of pussies who promotes independence but dont want to fight for it. That to me is just bunch of baloney.

Old 08-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Z2G
not to get off-topic again, but i feel impelled to comment on the analogy about americans and the british and state that it's an incorrect analogy. if you know american history, you would realize that at the time of the thirteen colonies, the states were made up of a lot of british citizens. however, as time progressed, immigrants poured into the country and made this country what it is today....a giant melting pot consisting of italians, greeks, spanish, asians, indians...the list can go on and on. therefore, americans CANNOT be considered british since MOST are NOT descendants of english blood. however, many taiwanese citizens are directly from china but fled to taiwan because of communist rule.

but back to the topic...WHEN ARE THE '06 PICS COMING THAT SHOW THE NEW CHANGES (front lip, sideskirts, and new spoiler)?

Old 08-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me
gettaluvr, u dont know anything bout china. u r the one thats controlled by the sh!tty gov in taiwan. why do i say that? cuz im an taiwanese/chinese and an american. i work in china rightnow. i can go on and on to tell ya how stupid u r for things u say.. but whatever, too tiring to explain it to u!

be proud of who you are and have the love and respect for your roots. i love taiwan, but im also proud to be a chinese. sure i dont like the chinese gov, but its not like taiwanese gov is any better. taiwan is going down so fast and a laughing stock for all others its all cuz the stupid green party gov and peeps like u who support them!

y are we talking bout this anyways? lol.. get back to the Gs. funny thing is the g is becoming an azn car.. all asian driving it!
first of all i'm not in the support of green party, and my grandparents are from china so i'm chinese/taiwanese canadian. 5 years ago i'd go around and tell people i'm chinese but now after the more chinese people i know the more i hate them, for the past couple years if you actually see how chinese goverment pushing taiwan so hard, i think all the taiwanese people should stand up, people like you makes taiwan go down.
only if we can be like south korean, otherwise i think taiwan well never stand a chance against china.

anyhow back to the topic, can someone in taiwan ask how much does the 06 headlight cost ? so we can get an idea for people who wants to retrofit to the projector

Last edited by gettaluvr; 08-13-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:37 PM
why are you guys talking about taiwanese and chinese and canadians and americans... who cares? really who careS? why not talk about the 06....

at the moment i feel more inclined to gettin a 05 because the 06 seems to have a lame exhaust and will cost way more, only for headlights... eeck

Old 08-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh boy Taiwan, China, Canada, America, G35... 1 topic at a time, and if you say you talked to the owner of that G, he must have been presented with options list? Ask about the Bluetooth if possible.

Old 08-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Sukairain
More Pics
In a previous picutre with the headlights turned on, you said that the sides don't stay on, only when they blink. But in the above pics, I see the side marker on with the head lights

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unofficial 2006 G35C Photos