G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

cool license plate frames?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto..where can i get a photo blocker frame?

Old 08-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought both pieces off eBay. The frame I got from a seller who goes by the name madsenproductions. I actually bought two, one was very good quality, while the other has some minor imperfections, but still nice enough to use. The price was $18 each plus $5 combined shipped, but a word of caution - they ship 7-10 days AFTER payment, so if you don't pay by paypal (instantly) and send in your money (example Money Order) you're going to have to wait for the money order to get to him, to clear his bank, another 7-10 day before it ships, and then anywhere from 3-7 days for it to arrive at your door. I paid by paypal the day the auction ended it still took about 4 weeks for me to get the frames.

I can't remember who (eBay handle) I bought the photo-blocker lens from, but if you search on eBay they do pop up from time to time. You can also find them in the back of car magazines like Road & Track, Car & Driver and so fourth. They usually for around $20-$30 a piece, but don't spend a dime more! I've seen people trying to unload them for $50 a piece, don't fall for it! It's NOT worth $50! Mine cost me with shipping and everything $20 to my door, so shop around!!

One last piece of advise, they're VERY illegal in EVERY state and police don't take kindly to it, specially if you live near and use tolls often. You WILL get pulled over and fined. The fine and possibly punishment is on par to RUNNING AWAY from the cops! I kid you not, I know first hand as I had to go to court for it. It's classified as "lesser" eluding violation, which is still pretty bad (dont want that on your record), so don't say no one told you....

Old 08-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
I bought both pieces off eBay. The frame I got from a seller who goes by the name madsenproductions. I actually bought two, one was very good quality, while the other has some minor imperfections, but still nice enough to use. The price was $18 each plus $5 combined shipped, but a word of caution - they ship 7-10 days AFTER payment, so if you don't pay by paypal (instantly) and send in your money (example Money Order) you're going to have to wait for the money order to get to him, to clear his bank, another 7-10 day before it ships, and then anywhere from 3-7 days for it to arrive at your door. I paid by paypal the day the auction ended it still took about 4 weeks for me to get the frames.

I can't remember who (eBay handle) I bought the photo-blocker lens from, but if you search on eBay they do pop up from time to time. You can also find them in the back of car magazines like Road & Track, Car & Driver and so fourth. They usually for around $20-$30 a piece, but don't spend a dime more! I've seen people trying to unload them for $50 a piece, don't fall for it! It's NOT worth $50! Mine cost me with shipping and everything $20 to my door, so shop around!!

One last piece of advise, they're VERY illegal in EVERY state and police don't take kindly to it, specially if you live near and use tolls often. You WILL get pulled over and fined. The fine and possibly punishment is on par to RUNNING AWAY from the cops! I kid you not, I know first hand as I had to go to court for it. It's classified as "lesser" eluding violation, which is still pretty bad (dont want that on your record), so don't say no one told you....
those actually work? the photo reflectors..

Old 08-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by player
Yes they do! There are several ways to do it. 1. a photo reflective cover. 2. photo reflective spray on the plate, C. Polarized (louvered) covers.

The spray DOES work, it was even reported on by the Today show. The spray would be a lot harder to spot than the covers. It just looks like you clear coated your plate.

Old 08-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
Yes they do! There are several ways to do it. 1. a photo reflective cover. 2. photo reflective spray on the plate, C. Polarized (louvered) covers.

The spray DOES work, it was even reported on by the Today show. The spray would be a lot harder to spot than the covers. It just looks like you clear coated your plate.
umm, so i can go thru toll booths for free lol

Old 08-19-2005, 06:56 PM
THE BATMOBILE
Originally Posted by Glex25
Where did you get yours??

The only place i seen them is on ebay and they don't even have a buy it now option
ebay

Old 08-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Originally Posted by player
Take a look at the image yourself...

It has NOT been photo-shopped! That's EXACTLY what the camera see's, just a blur. So yea you can fly through tolls and not pay, and most likely they wont catch ya (well at least not on camera) but chances are someone will see and you'll get busted down the road.

Also note, the spray on stuff works ONLY on flash camera's. The spray actually applys a thing layer of reflective material (small tiny crystals) which reflact the flash light (kind of like trying to take a pic in front of a mirror) and in doing so, it makes the plate harder to read, BUT in day light or when the flash is not used (or of no use) the spray on stuff does NOTHING! Total waste of your $$$! It also does not last long and does in fact wear away with time, so you have to keep applying it (have had it). So if you're a clean freak who washes their car a lot, you will wash it away. Trust me, it does come off (even though they claim it'll last a long time, it really doesnt).

So if you really want something that's going work, and don't care about the law giving you a hard time, get the lens!!!

Old 08-19-2005, 07:16 PM

So how do the cops know you have it? Looking straight on it is clear correct?

Old 08-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Yea, looking straight at it, all you see is a clear plate with what looks like your run of the mill, clear plate covers, but as soon as you get to about 45 degrees of the plate (passing you, or on your side) then the plate goes blank, so that's when they nail ya...

Here in NYC at most of our toll booths, they have cops at every other toll booth, looking out for toll evaders and so fourth, so if they spot it on your car, even after you pass the toll, they'll call up a car to pull you over (I know it happened to me, and I used my easy pass that day...)

All I can say about these things are, they look cool, and they definately strike up conversations at meets and events, but having one on your car - its just a matter of time... You're asking for it - lol.... (god knows I always am...)

Old 08-20-2005, 06:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow thats cool, hey ducati, you're running on 20's? what kind of suspension set up do you have and how low is your drop? also what kinda exhaust is that, your cars looks damn nice!

Old 08-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Yea, looking straight at it, all you see is a clear plate with what looks like your run of the mill, clear plate covers, but as soon as you get to about 45 degrees of the plate (passing you, or on your side) then the plate goes blank, so that's when they nail ya...
Police are on to it quick smart here even though we have no toll booths.
That's why I want one of these...now that's a cool plate
Need to run it through translator
http://www.max.hi-ho.ne.jp/enrs/

Old 08-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by AussieV35
That's why I want one of these...now that's a cool plate
Need to run it through translator
http://www.max.hi-ho.ne.jp/enrs/

Download the NEW Google tool bar, it has a translator built in.

That plate motor is pretty "007"! They even have a pix of this thing on a G!