G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Gialla Rear Trunk Spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Gialla Rear Trunk Spoiler

G35MT, you are talking about the lip spoiler right, not the wing? Post some pics when you get it installed!

Old 07-15-2003, 12:43 PM

Zorro,

Yes it is the lip type spoiler. The wing thing just a tad too much for me. I will update soon after the install with pic.

g35mt

Old 07-15-2003, 12:49 PM

Thanks G35MT for keeping us updated. I too can't wait till I see you post a few pics of the spoiler. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 07-15-2003, 11:47 PM

Thanks g35mt, looking forward to seeing the pics. Any plans on getting the grill or the front spoiler? I think they look sleek and not over the top but I'm still not sure if it's 'me'. But I definitely like that rear spoiler. I agonized over getting the stock spoiler but seeing the Gialla completely reinforces my decision to not get the stock spoiler.

Old 07-16-2003, 04:37 AM

Junglist,

Yeah i like the grill too. I am going to wait till my rear spoiler is install. As matter fact, i am going to the post office and pick it up today. Also i am running low on fund now...heheheh...the audio project is really killing my bank account. On top of that, i am trying to pay off the car in 4 months. I am gonna have to wait till next month to get the grill. If you do get it, please post pic.

g35mt

Old 07-23-2003, 01:43 PM

Okay i will get my Gialla spoiler back from the shop on Friday. I end up with bkchang79 advice and had it paint there. Service is great and i happen to drop the spoiler yesterday and the owner was extremely nice enough to fix it for me. Remind myself never to touch anything that is valuable again...hehehhehe

g35mt

Old 07-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how does the rear spoiler attach to the truck? Screws or just double sided tape?

2003 G35 Coupe 6mt Diamond Graphite

Old 07-25-2003, 01:14 PM

It is both. The kit come with double sided tape and two screw. I will use both and also epoxy glue too. I will put it on this weekend. I just picked up the spoiler. Looks great.

g35mt

Old 07-25-2003, 04:05 PM

Hey G35mt...I keep watching your coupe from the rear parking lot of my building which faces yours....been waiting to see that spoiler....did you finally get that audio system up and runnin?

Growler

Old 07-25-2003, 08:28 PM

G35mt,

What color is your coupe and how much did it cost for you to get the spoiler painted? From your posts it seems like you are doing the installation yourself....is there a good template for mounting it with the screws and tape? Sorry to bombard you with the questions but since I've never put on a spoiler on a car I'm just trying to figure things out before ordering. Looking forward to the pics and good luck with the installation.

Old 07-25-2003, 09:27 PM

Growler,

Man, now i finally know your nick. I kept trying to remember what it was. Nice seeing you hear man. Planning to get a rim for my car too. I am looking at a Nissmo GT4 19 inch.

My audio is 98 % complete. I purchase an Alpine pxa-h700 and had to send back for service. I couldn't purchase another one because they are on back order.

Regarding the rear spoiler, I just got it this morning and it's looking good. I will install it Saturday and hopefully i can get the pic up on Sunday.

g35mt

Old 07-25-2003, 09:33 PM

junglist19,

The spoiler came with instruction. But it is written in Japan. But base on the diagram and picture, it fairly simple. The picture show where to put the double tape and the length that needed. Also two small screws that goes at the corner of the trunk. I will post the pic soon after the installation.

My car is brilliant silver. I had it painted at Chang's Auto Body and Repair. The owner was extremely nice because i accidently drop the spoiler while it was drying. Then he took care of it by resanding it and repaint it.

The cost is 150. Also since he did a good job at it. Now i am seriously thinking about getting the Gailla Grill.

g35mt

Old 07-27-2003, 10:40 PM
Re: Gialla Rear Trunk Spoiler Installed and Zaino

I have just finished installing the Gailla rear spoiler. The picture is below link. Also i had for the first time use Zaino on my car. Sweet.... Sorry, I use my digital camcorder to take the picture. Mental note, need to get digital camera for still picture.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...ulation_page=Y

I originally have problem with the installation because the first attempt, i miss the alignment. Gailla give you two type of double sided tape. The first is 1.24 cm tickness and the second was 2.5 cm thickness. I went to pep boys and buy the double tape, they didn't have the same size that i got from Gailla. So I have to double on the thickness for the bottom portion of the spoiler. As you noticed, the top view on one of the picture show there was some gap. BTW, I had to use two screw so there was some drilling.
g35mt

Old 07-28-2003, 06:51 PM

Thanks for posting the pics. Gotta give you props on the spoiler. I think it looks great. I really couldn't see te gap you mentioned from the pics but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. It's definitely made your coupe unique.

Old 07-28-2003, 09:59 PM

Hey G35MT..looked for you today in laguna Niguel...did not see your ride in the lot....bring in so I can see it in the metal.

Growler

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gialla Rear Trunk Spoiler