G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Oil Change every 3k -- is it really better/necessary?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It depends on the way you drive. If everything was perfect (hah) you'll NEVER need to change your oil. Oil does NOT go bad.. its the additivies in your oil that'll start going bad AND all the carbon burned inside your combustion chamber gets into the oil (making it dirty)

now how often you change your oil should not be more then 7k
1. it gets dirty!!!
2. by the time u get the 7k your oils already pretty old and the additives no longer bond as well

but it really depends on how you drive.. if you push your car to the redline everday you should change it at 2.5-3k, if ur one of those that drive speed limit and never pass 3k then your oil life will be pretty long.

eh also if u use syn oil do NOT go back to regular!!!! and change ur filter evertime

Old 09-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
It depends on the way you drive. If everything was perfect (hah) you'll NEVER need to change your oil. Oil does NOT go bad.. its the additivies in your oil that'll start going bad AND all the carbon burned inside your combustion chamber gets into the oil (making it dirty)

now how often you change your oil should not be more then 7k
1. it gets dirty!!!
2. by the time u get the 7k your oils already pretty old and the additives no longer bond as well

but it really depends on how you drive.. if you push your car to the redline everday you should change it at 2.5-3k, if ur one of those that drive speed limit and never pass 3k then your oil life will be pretty long.

eh also if u use syn oil do NOT go back to regular!!!! and change ur filter evertime
Prudent advice. Changing oil every 3 months regardless of how low your mileage is a waste of time and money.

As far as the warranty is concerned, it's tough for the Manufacturer to weasel out of his warranty contract provided that you are willing to take the matter to court. One of my friends is a lawyer who owns an RS6. He chipped the car and the engine blew. Audi said that the mod voided the warranty, so my friend took Audi to court. The judge ruled that in order for Audi to void the warranty, they had to prove that the mod caused the engine to blow. Audi gave my friend a new engine.

Old 09-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have my oil changed every 3 months with ~1500 miles on it because all scheduled maintenance is free the first 2 years at my dealer.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by master_shake
I bought a Lexus LS 400 in 1990 the first year that modle came out. I changed the oil evey 7,500 miles and sometimes a few Thousand over!

I traded it in @ 350,000 I used 10/40 oil and never had a problem!

I had a VW Jetta with 250,000 and a Nissan Sentra with 220,000 miles all had oil changes 10/40 at 7,500 + miles never had an engine problem!

WTF?? How did this happen? I made the above post and it say Master_shake posted?? LOL!

Old 09-05-2005, 02:24 PM
LOL I just figured it out master_shake is my son he was on my computer yesterday!!

Old 09-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
oh yeah do not let oil sit for more then 3 months.. so no matter how little you drive.. change it every 3 months!!! so pretty much:

Oil Rule:
1. Depending on how you drive: Change your oil anywhere from 2.5k-7k (Assuming ur using syn oil) - Syn last longer then regular.
- 2.5k = redline, redline, redline.. curise at 130rpm
- 7k = la la la la dee dee *turns on classical..* hm i wonder if its safe to change lanes.. lowgear? whats that?
2. ALWAYS change your oil filter when you change your oil.
- Infiniti sells a bigger filter for our cars, iono if u'll wana use it but u can ask ur sales guy to get u one
- lube the gasket on the filter with oil befure u stick it on
- make sure old gasket comes off when the old filter (DO NOT USE 2 GASKETS, NEVER USE 2 GASKETS ON ANYTHING)
3. I'd recommend FULL-Syn oil after 5k (Mobil1, Castro, Amsoil) are some of the best - dont wast ur money on royal purple
4. Pretty sure less then 10% of u have done this but u should've changed ur engine, tranny, and diff fluid at around 1-3k
- ur tranny and diff has to brake in (parts wear down, metal floats around)
- now that most of u are past 5k already.. i suggest u also change ur diff/tranny fluid out to syn
----mt guys this will be the best thing for u
- dont forget ur coolant at 10k

eh yeah have fun

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.