G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

The G can hang with the Police crusers :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The G can hang with the Police crusers :)

So I am on my way home after the 4th of july after a night in the bars. Im driving south on the NY State Thruway on my way to Jersey. It was about 1:30am. Nobody on the roads. Suddenly I see in the rearview a set of headlights somewhat quickly gaining on me. Then we gets on my ***, I think what the hell. I am in the fast lane doing about 71 in 65, nobody in the right lane, the idiot should go around me. So after a few seconds of him tailgating me, I get over to the right and as soon as he begins to accelerate i punch it. He started to accelerate first, i dropped it into 3rd and by the time he was up next to me i was doing his speed about 90 or so. I figured it was some punk in a honda civic, but .... I look over and its Johhny. I think DAMN!! The lights flash and he pulls me over. They gave me brethalizer and the pen test, I passed Even though I think there was still something left after the night of drinking, but not much. The cops let me go, the only things they said was dont do that because thats the way roadrage starts and nice wheels What luck, what luck, hahaha. Then again I get pulled over yesterday by NJ cops for taking a corner too fast, I guess something like 40 in 25. He let me go too. The G definatelly cathes cops attention. I have gotten pulled over more in the last 5 months since I got the G than in 3 years in my Honda Accord (only once). Good thing I have perfectly clean record. I guess luck has been with me so far. Gotta get that radar installed.

Old 07-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Re: The G can hang with the Police crusers :)

Yup god was on my side that 4th of July night too... after a couple drinks and on the road home I was on Saviors Blvd and this guy in his Honda Civic decided to try to catch up with me. Speed limit is 40mph and I was going about 45ish and he finally caught up next to me and then we both punched it... Then someone turned on us. It was a bike cop and he was tailing me when I and the civic were at 60mph... The civic guy's exhaust was loud and he was trying to catch up. He must have been at around 55mph or so so... So here I am sh!tting bricks thinking damn I'm gonna get pulled over her then moves to the left lane to pull over the Civic.. WHEW... It was honestly my fault for speeding, but the only reason I could think of him getting the Civic rather then me was his loud exhaust...

Other then that I'm guiltier then OJ Simpson himself... OMFG and guess what happened???? I was kind of tipsy and forgot about my gas being on empty and my car RAN OUTTA GAS ON THE FREEWAY... OH MAN I was pissed... Thank god for insurance... Called them up and they had a tow truck come with some gas in 15 to 20 minutes... So I guess it were half and half on my part... Nothing scary like being on the side of the freeway outta gas... not to mention a little outta it... I was so scared when my car sounded like it was going to blow up... made some funky sound.. I'll NEVER DRIVE on a Empty tank of gas AGAIN !!!!

I too have a clean record with nothing on it... Last time I got a ticket was probably 4 years ago... Other then that I guess it was a strange 4th of July night in So Cali...

Old 07-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I'll NEVER DRIVE on a Empty tank of gas AGAIN !!!!

<hr></blockquote>

Forget about that! You should NEVER DRIVE 'TIPSY' AGAIN!!!

Seriously, if your tipsy, you shouldn't be driving. And if your tipsy enough that you forgot about gas, you definitely shouldn't be driving.

Sorry, but I have no tolerance for people who drive while intoxicated. There's no excuse for it.

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 07-07-2003, 10:45 AM

ur a very lucky man i just got a ticket yesterday for doing 52 in a 25 can u say im [censored]. Yeah i had to go to the police station and every thing it is my frist ticket ever so hopfully that will help but i dont know i think i am screwed.

Old 07-07-2003, 01:43 PM

Carlos, join the long list of people getting tickets in their G's. I got my first ticket in 12 years on Memorial day. (67 in 45). Gonna cost me over $200 with traffic school. Thank heavens LA county lets you use the internet traffic school!

Old 07-07-2003, 01:49 PM

Z06ified there is no way I would have driven home for an hour and a half drunk, I finished my last bear more than an hour before I left. I was OK, otherwise they would have arrested me right there and then, NY is a zero tollerance state. I hear you about people driving while intoxicated.

Old 07-07-2003, 03:16 PM

me too guys...first ticket...90 in a 65

Old 07-07-2003, 03:17 PM

So you didn't notice the cop behind you doing 90?

Wow, if you were in california, your *** would have been handcuffed and in the back of a police car by now. So you never told us, how much was your ticket?

CB 5AT - SAC, CA

Old 07-07-2003, 05:19 PM
cSc

g35gnome writes:

"Then we gets on my ***, I think what the hell. I am in the fast lane doing about 71 in 65, nobody in the right lane, the idiot should go around me. So after a few seconds of him tailgating me, I get over to the right and as soon as he begins to accelerate i punch it."

That's exactly what they mean by agressive driving.

I've heard of many friends that have been let go on the NJ Turnpike... but you're even more so lucky you didn't get a ticket for the numerous laws you broke...

Like you, they really need to re-educate drivers here in the DC area. It doesn't matter if you're doing the speed limit or 150mph in the left lane, if another car is behind you trying to pass, move over...

In New Jersey, you *have* broken the following laws:

* 39:4-82. Keeping to right
Upon all highways of sufficient width, except upon one-way streets, the driver of a vehicle shall drive it on the right half of the roadway. He shall drive a vehicle as closely as possible to the right-hand edge or curb of the roadway, unless it is impracticable to travel on that side of the roadway, and except when overtaking and passing another vehicle subject to the provisions of sections 39:4-84 and 39:4-85 of this Title.

* 39:4-87. Overtaken vehicle to give way
The driver of a vehicle on a highway, about to be overtaken and passed by another vehicle, approaching from the rear, shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle on suitable and audible signal being given by the driver of the overtaking vehicle, and shall not increase the speed of his vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle.

* 39:4-98.7. Speeding 20mph or more over limit; fines, certain; doubled
6.The fine for a motor vehicle offense shall be double the amount specified by law when traveling 20 miles per hour or more over the designated speed limit as set forth in R.S.39:4-98, except as provided in subsection b. of section 1 of P.L.1993, c.332 (C.39:4-203.5) and subsection a. of section 5 of P.L.1997, c.415 (C.39:4-98.6).

Usually, 20mph or more over the speed limit can be considered Excessive Speeding and might even carry a larger fine.

And this type of personality is typically the same type of personality that fails to...

* 39:4-144. Stopping or yielding right of way before entering stop or yield intersections
No driver of a vehicle or street car shall enter upon or cross an intersecting street marked with a "stop" sign unless he has first brought his vehicle or street car to a complete stop at a point within 5 feet of the nearest crosswalk or stop line marked upon the pavement at the near side of the intersecting street and shall proceed only after yielding the right of way to all traffic on the intersecting street which is so close as to constitute an immediate hazard. No driver of a vehicle or
street car shall enter upon or cross an intersecting street marked with a "yield right of way" sign without first slowing to a reasonable speed for existing conditions and visibility, stopping if necessary, and the driver shall yield the right of way to all traffic on the intersecting street which is so close as to constitute an immediate hazard; unless, in either case, he is otherwise directed to proceed by a traffic or police officer or traffic control signal, or as provided in section 39:4-145 of this Title.

Granted, I have a dislike for the NJ police anyways. If they don't want to enforce the "laws", that is up to them.

Either way, you might want to rethink the "idiot" comment, seeing as you probably always drive in the left lane no matter what...

--Chris
"The just-as-pissed-off-driver right behind you...."

--
2003.5 G35c 6MT | CaribBlue/Graphite | Premium | Aero | Tinted Windows | Aluminum Pedals

Old 07-07-2003, 05:40 PM

Damn you guys a LOT OF PEOPLE in this forum need a freaken VALENTINE 1 or some type of Radar Detector... INCLUDING MYSELF... We should all have a pitch in for some type of quantity or group buy on a Valentine 1 to see how much they knock off the 300 dollar msrp on it... Peace....

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 07-07-2003, 05:47 PM

that is what we need i was cought by radar and if i had a detector i would have been saved but its too late now i guess if u do the crime u gotta pay the time

Old 07-07-2003, 06:01 PM

i'll keep my opinions to myself then

/runs away/

Old 07-07-2003, 06:48 PM

Who the hell said he was bragging? Damn man, get all bent over him telling us his little story. I was interested in it.. If you are not interested in what he had to say don't read. Sheesh some people...

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 07-07-2003, 09:37 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They DO NOT give discounts, no matter how much you buy![img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] I called and asked.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:44 AM

cSc that was in NY not NJ, personally I much prefer getting pulled over in NY. If the cops were to pull over everybody that doesnt follow '39:4-82. Keeping to right' & '39:4-87. Overtaken vehicle to give way' there would be a lot of people getting tickets. No I do not always stay in the left lane because of people that do not follow '39:4-82. Keeping to right'. Here in the tristate area we have 3 lane highways everywhere, so peeps are usually just taking the lane that is empty to pass. I have seen so many people going in the far left lane way below the speed limit. Usually they are old people.(not to bash anybody here) So what you goning to do? pray that they will finally see you and move their precious a.s over? What you are saying(and the law) would be the perfect world, to bad it aint the case. Interesting read though.

Just to add if you ever driven in long island day to day for a while you will know exactly where I am coming from later

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The G can hang with the Police crusers :)