G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Tire-Pressure-Sensor Valve Stem Caps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 02:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire-Pressure-Sensor Valve Stem Caps

I noticed on my friend's `05 6MT Coupe that he has those little valve stem caps that turn red on the tips when that particular tire drops below the set air-pressure.

Anyway, my mom has a 05 Coupe w/ Auto trans, but it has the sport suspension and tire package with the tire-pressure sensor feature. Recently her tire-pressure sensor gauge lit up on the dashboard. I noticed she has basic chrome valve stem caps, not the ones with the color changing tips. Her car was a showroom display model with black 20'' wheels which she did not buy, so they put the factory 19's back on for her. I think when they put the 19's back on, they neglected to put the color changing caps on.

Are these caps an option? Do they only come on 6mt's? Do they play a crucial role in the tire pressure monitoring system? I am going to the dealer tomorrow with the car to fix a radio button malfunction, and I am going to try to get them to give me the caps.

Thanks.

- Jason

Old 09-14-2005, 02:49 AM
Whoops, my computer like freaked out right as I clicked the "post" button, and I accidently posted this thread twice.

Mods, please delete this thread

Old 09-14-2005, 11:48 AM
You buy those caps for 10 bucks from Pep Boys. The tire pressure sensors are on the inside of the tires, so you cant visually see them. Basic chrome valve stem caps, are the ones that are on my car.

Originally Posted by RunHighPSI
I noticed on my friend's `05 6MT Coupe that he has those little valve stem caps that turn red on the tips when that particular tire drops below the set air-pressure.

Anyway, my mom has a 05 Coupe w/ Auto trans, but it has the sport suspension and tire package with the tire-pressure sensor feature. Recently her tire-pressure sensor gauge lit up on the dashboard. I noticed she has basic chrome valve stem caps, not the ones with the color changing tips. Her car was a showroom display model with black 20'' wheels which she did not buy, so they put the factory 19's back on for her. I think when they put the 19's back on, they neglected to put the color changing caps on.

Are these caps an option? Do they only come on 6mt's? Do they play a crucial role in the tire pressure monitoring system? I am going to the dealer tomorrow with the car to fix a radio button malfunction, and I am going to try to get them to give me the caps.

Thanks.

- Jason

Old 09-15-2005, 11:45 AM
I do not recommend these. They came from the dealer on my '04 coupe and about
1 yr two of them started to leak. I started getting low presure indications and a
tire shop traced it to the cap. Replaced them with regular steel caps and the
problem went away.

Old 09-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Thumbs down Stay away from these

Mine were added by Crest Infiniti (Plano, TX) and while I was driving home last week, one of my rear valve stem caps failed while I was going about 65Mph (the plastic indicator was missing). The wheel cut into the tire and the tire is damaged.

Crest Infiniti does not want to do anything about it. Infinit Consumer Relations said that they documented this and that it is between the customer and the dealer to have this resolved. My tire has only 10K miles on it.