G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

For all the Caribbean Blue fans (a few pictures)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know about the Japan "skyline" lingo, but this isnt Japan the last time I checked. The round logo and wording looks really bad. Why do this to our pretty G's. Come on now.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by benbo5
I know about the Japan "skyline" lingo, but this isnt Japan the last time I checked. The round logo and wording looks really bad. Why do this to our pretty G's. Come on now.
It's his Pretty G. I did the samething, why? it's my Pretty G

Old 09-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by xswl0931
I wouldn't say that's entirely true. You are right that in Japan, it's (currently) "just" a Nissan. However, over here, as an Infiniti, you get better warranty and other benefits like a loaner car and roadside assistance. Also, Infiniti's have historically been more reliable than Nissan branded cars (perhaps because all Infiniti's except the Qx56 are built in Japan rather than the US). And both Infiniti and Lexus are going to be worldwide brands including Japan. So although they come from the same company, I suspect that quality control will be higher for their luxury brand rather than their non-luxury brand.

wait a minute so in Japan they sell the G35 with the infiniti badge and with the nissan ... ? differing in warrenty only ???????? that is crazy ????

also about the reliabilty i surely would expect my G35 to be more reliable than my friend's 350Z (considering i paid about 7K more than him) ... unfortunatelly that has not been the case so far ...

Old 09-21-2005, 09:51 AM
I have too many nissans, Id rather keep my car as an infiniti lol.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by lightforce18
I have too many nissans, Id rather keep my car as an infiniti lol.
yeah well thats understandable we also have 3 other nissans ... and i have to admit i like the infiniti logo better than the nissan one ... but i just think the SKYLINE on the back of the car looks way way too good ... and when i had the Inifniti Skyline ... people kept picking on me and making fun of me going like "infiniti skyline hmm never heard of that"

anyway either way .... nissan or infiniti in the back ... the car remains (as car and driver called it in its most recent issue) ONE OF THE PRETTIEST COUPES OUT THERE!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
We all have diffrent tastes and some don't have any! I enjoy the clean look with
nothing on the rear deck. I don't care if the old fart behind me doesn't know what
kind of ride I have.
I've been driving Nissans so long my first one was called a Datsun. I still have one
of the emblems from my BRE Datsun 510. Anyone remember what that was?

'04 G35 Twilight "Blue" Coupe All Ops Borla cat back - Stillen intake - Z Tube
Clear Sides - 35% Tint - Nismo additives - Volk GTC's (soon)

Old 09-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by blueSKYLINE
wait a minute so in Japan they sell the G35 with the infiniti badge and with the nissan ... ? differing in warrenty only ???????? that is crazy ????

also about the reliabilty i surely would expect my G35 to be more reliable than my friend's 350Z (considering i paid about 7K more than him) ... unfortunatelly that has not been the case so far ...
In Japan, they currently only sell the G35 as a Nissan Skyline. The warranty comment only applies to the US. I would think that the G35 would stay a Nissan in Japan until the the redesign happens. The 350Z is one of the few Nissans built in Japan (for what it's worth).

Old 09-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
ONE OF THE PRETTIEST COUPES OUT THERE!!!

OK I'm selling my G after it was referred to as Prettiest. DAMNIT! Hey BLUE, do they refer muscle cars as pretty too?

btw...accordingly one of my bros from Japan, Infiniti doesn't exist there or at least it's not known of.

I'm just kidding BLUE...no mean comments towards your way. You're still a hottie in your G.

Old 09-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by xswl0931
In Japan, they currently only sell the G35 as a Nissan Skyline. The warranty comment only applies to the US. I would think that the G35 would stay a Nissan in Japan until the the redesign happens. The 350Z is one of the few Nissans built in Japan (for what it's worth).
That's what i thought ... thet there is no such thing as infiniti in Japan ... i heard that next year for the first time there will be Lexus there with the IS350 ...

also i was wondering other than all the badges and the steering wheel on the wrong side is there any other difference between our G35s and the Skyline in Japan?

Old 09-21-2005, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by LjN_728
OK I'm selling my G after it was referred to as Prettiest. DAMNIT! Hey BLUE, do they refer muscle cars as pretty too?

btw...accordingly one of my bros from Japan, Infiniti doesn't exist there or at least it's not known of.

I'm just kidding BLUE...no mean comments towards your way. You're still a hottie in your G.
oh i'm sorry but ur car is pretty ... very pretty if u ask me and u should take it as a compliment ... and i dont think many muscle cars are pretty too ... too boxy for me

and it was car and driver ... or maybe road and track that called it pretty so u should go and tell them that this comment is affecting ur manly ego j/k

Old 09-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Well if pretty is this...

Then my car is pretty of the prettiest!!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by LjN_728
Well if pretty is this...

Then my car is pretty of the prettiest!!!!
that is disgusting ... i think i'll be sick the rest of the day and its all ur fault

Old 09-21-2005, 03:40 PM
well .. i would take pretty as a compliment for my baby

Old 09-21-2005, 03:59 PM
ONE OF THE PRETTIEST COUPES OUT THERE!!! [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. Your car is hot. I love the caribbean blue, though I dont' see many of the sedans in that color...

Old 09-22-2005, 07:02 PM
infiniti is just a "polite" way for Nissan to overcharge us here in the US ... the car is a nissan and in case u didn't know that it has the nissan logo almost every where throughout the car.
Don't worry, Nissan is not overcharing US buyers,

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/SKYLINE/V35...ADE/main1.html

A 6 speed coupe runs about $32,836 in Japan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For all the Caribbean Blue fans (a few pictures)