G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help Again!! More Problems This Week!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Again!! More Problems This Week!

Hey guys, I need some help. (again). I had some Brembo slotted rotors and new 255/35-19 rear tires installed today. On the way home my car was having SERIOUS handling issues, It felt as if there were no sway bars on the car, very loose handling, delayed steering response, sloppy steering feel (back and forth) not the positive response I'm used to. I would compare it to an old chevy with worn out suspension. And needless to say, the slightest turn and the VDC kicks in. I reset the ECU thinking it was something with the VDC. I had the guy who installed them check everything and all was well. I plan on taking it to my dealer in the morning and it's not gonna be pretty (not mod friendly). If anyone has a clue what the problem might be PLEASE let me know. I am having REALLY bad luck with this thing lately. ANY advice would be very helpful! TIA

Old 09-20-2005, 09:09 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
don't the 19's normaly have a 45 profile? Not sure, but if that's the case, it's a pretty big difference to go from a 45 to a 35, or OD will be off by quite a lot.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:13 PM
Did you mess with the camber and toe bolts? When I changed to the Kinetix Camber and toe rods it felt like my rear end was flip flopping all over the place.

After an alignment everything was fine, but I was seriously concerned for a while.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:18 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mc2
don't the 19's normaly have a 45 profile? Not sure, but if that's the case, it's a pretty big difference to go from a 45 to a 35, or OD will be off by quite a lot.
I've checked his new size with the OEM sizes and the difference (2-3%) shouldn't upset the VDC.
Must be something else.
C.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:21 PM
My horns hold up my halo
Hope it is something simple and a quick fix. Let us know if Crown gives you any grief about the mods. The guys in Montgomery were great to us and that may be an option for you if Crown is less than helpful. I was thinking it may be the new tires but 2-3% really shouldn't send it into fits like that.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:22 PM
Didn't mess with the camber or anything. The people I ordered them from said that with the 255 (stock 245) I needed to go with the 35's to make the OD the same. It made since to me. It feels like it's coming from the front BIG TIME. My Sways in the back have always been set to hard and it has always been flawless until now, but I am ignorant on how all this works to begin with.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude, I don't have a clue about what that could be. Nothing positive to contribute. Please let me know how it goes.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:50 PM
when I changed my rear tire with dunlop direzza (direzza rear/pilot front) the car became dangerous. the rear was floating like crazy and VDC was kicking in non-stop, even on strait road!!!! tire was the same profile as before. I made around 100 feet from the tire chop and got back telling the guy no way I would be running on those tire. I upgraded to toyo T1R and after 1500 km they are excellent, no more strange VDC issues.

Also, I remember that dealer try to re-center the steering wheels on the computer setting. Didint change a things but mignt be something to try.

Good luck with your problem

Old 09-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by ericsherbrooke
when I changed my rear tire with dunlop direzza (direzza rear/pilot front) the car became dangerous. the rear was floating like crazy and VDC was kicking in non-stop, even on strait road!!!! tire was the same profile as before. I made around 100 feet from the tire chop and got back telling the guy no way I would be running on those tire. I upgraded to toyo T1R and after 1500 km they are excellent, no more strange VDC issues.

Also, I remember that dealer try to re-center the steering wheels on the computer setting. Didint change a things but mignt be something to try.

Good luck with your problem
thanks man, I stayed with the Bridgestone potenzas RE05A, just changed the size a tiny bit. the re centering the steering wheel is new to me. how does it work? Thanks

Old 09-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Sorry for the hassle, get this. I decided to check tire pressure as one last ditch effort. All were at 35 psi except that my left rear had 80 LBS!! YES 80 LBS! of air in it! I lowered it to 35 and all is well again. I wasn't going to be able to sleep leaving you guys wondering. Thanks for all your help! Needless to say my tire guy is gonna take a beatin in the morning!

Old 09-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
holy shizzle? WTF, 80lbs ? That just shows how a minor tiny error like tire pressure, can throw off the whole suspension of a car. Talk about butterfly effect lol.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:48 PM
What was the guy smoking...

Glad to see everything is normal...

Old 09-21-2005, 02:36 AM
new tires sometimes have stuff on them. I just changed out my rear T1-S and the rear end felt wiggly. The more miles I put on them, the better they feel. Good luck.

Old 09-21-2005, 08:23 AM
when they mount tire they use more pressure to bead the tire, the guy forgot to lower it once thr tire was propelly bead on the rim.

-----------------------

As for centering the steering, the dealer plug in a small nissan device under the dash and in the menu he found the option to re-center (reset) the value that describe as the steering being in the center. took 5 min, done nothing to my car.

Old 09-21-2005, 09:19 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Originally Posted by ScottR
Sorry for the hassle, get this. I decided to check tire pressure as one last ditch effort. All were at 35 psi except that my left rear had 80 LBS!! YES 80 LBS! of air in it! I lowered it to 35 and all is well again. I wasn't going to be able to sleep leaving you guys wondering. Thanks for all your help! Needless to say my tire guy is gonna take a beatin in the morning!
You're lucky that all you dealt with was a little of a wild ride - I have a feeling that tire was _way_ less than safe at that PSI.

No offense but it wouldn't have been the people on here that would be keeping me up! You have put a lot of time and money into that car - with good result I might add - and that would be the major source of worry if I were in your shoes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Again!! More Problems This Week!