G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Once you go black ........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own two black cars now...The G35 and a F350. I don't see the big deal with keeping them clean. I am much more picky witih the G and I don't drive it in the rain..wash it once a week and dust a couple of times...nothing to it. The F350 I drive in the rain or whatever...it's not any big deal I don't think. Keep them waxed good and they are easy to clean.

Old 09-21-2005, 11:20 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GmanDan
When she's clean - there's nothing better. It's just a full time job. What do ya think?

I couldn't have said it better myself.

My other ride (Solara) is black, and it is gorgeous (well not bad for a Toy- ) , but it does need more attention than my Platinum Ice (silver) M, and the Silverstone Coupe my brother now owns.

C.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:07 AM
I know all out of black g owners are going to flame me for this but I gave up a black g with navi just to get a laser red one, red one didn't come in navi either. Both cars stood next to eachother and I changed my mind at the dealership, both are brand new o5 coupes too. Yes I'm crazy but I love my decision. A red sports car stands out like no other, I haven't been pulled over by cop yet either. There is too many of you black g owners. Laser RED for me no regrets.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:33 AM
black cars are great, but its a GREAT pain in the butt to keep it clean. plus, any inperfections such as pain chip, dents, scratches, even finger prints are greatly noticeable on black cars compare to other colors. i do not have the time or the will to wash my car 3 times a week..

plus, black can also cover up some lines of a car.. i think white is a great color and would def. be the color of my G when i get it. white is just as beautiful, and it's much less of a hassle to keep clean, plus it also hides inperfections pretty well. i have a white car rightnow, which i have not washed for the past two years..lol.
the down side is that it also hides some lines of a car at times, but still, it looks just as beautiful as any other colors.

gray/silver color cars are everywhere these days. they are sure good looking and classy, but are wayyyy too common and are on the borderline of been boring.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
OMG, SQL must be screwing up all the posted photos. Looks like a 1981 Atari motherboard fried all the pics.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:50 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 09-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee

An excellent example of a meticulously kept car. Nice job . . . well done.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:36 AM

Those are my babies.
Black cars rule.

Wouldn't know it but that 02 accord had 108,000 miles on it when I took that picture. and my 05 G35 already has 17,000

Old 09-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I really wonder where this "wash the car 3 times a week" thing comes from. Three times someone has said that in this thread and three times I've wondered - do you live in the desert? I understand a black car is harder to keep up than a silver car, but you guys either have circumstances that most people don't, or you're just exaggerating. I'm extremely **** about my car and like I said on page two, I spend an hour a week cleaning it, tops - and it always looks clean, always.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black is only for people who have garage. I dont, and its so hard to have it clean. Thats why I gotta wash every week.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:01 AM
^agree. plus you'll curse more in your life when u you have a black, seeing smudges, fingerprints, etc. they really show easily. and if you're ****, you just can't stand turning your cheek and driving w/o wiping it. THAT'S THE HASSLE. my gf has a black SpecV and even though it's not mine, sometimes i just cant stand seeing it dirty so I detail it also once in a while.

but black is really sick when clean. but i gave up on the color a couple of cars back.

Last edited by G3NIU5; 09-22-2005 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by G3NIU5
^agree. plus you'll curse more in your life when u you have a black, seeing smudges, fingerprints, etc. they really show easily. and if you're ****, you just can't stand turning your cheek and driving w/o wiping it. THAT'S THE HASSLE. my gf has a black SpecV and even though it's not mine, sometimes i just cant stand seeing it dirty so I detail it also once in a while.

but black is really sick when clean. but i gave up on the color a couple of cars back.
LOL. I'm the same way. My black G35 looks super unless it's viewed in the right light and at the right angle which will reveal all of the fine scratches in the clear coat. I talked to a Detailer that I trust and he wouldn't touch my car. He claims that all black cars have those imperfections, and it woukd be a never ending journey to strive for perfection.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:15 PM
My second black car was my last. I actually test drove a black G but decided to go with the slate. Happy with the decision. I have a ton of wax on her and was swamped at the office for about a month (no wash). She still looked good.

But you're right, black at night, clean, and waxed, is gorgeous. I just don't have the time anymore.

I saw a black G coupe roll by me the other day. The sun hit the side of it and all i could see were swirl marks. Just nasty.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
that "3 times a week" thing.. would u believe me if i told u i really did that? lol

The G does at 50miles ALONE from school and back Mon-Fri and gets baked in the sun for pretty much the whole day =( then theres nights where i'm at a friends house til 2am? and the Gs all fogged up when i come back out =( then theres rain yada yada.. i have 15k miles and i bought the car in 2-26-05

So yeah wash 3 times a week if not more.. wax 1-2 times a week... full exterior detail around every 2 months.. interior, once a month.. (been getting realy busy tho )

Detail includes:
Claying (every other time?)
Polish
Glaze
Seal
Rain-x windows
Polish Exhaust Tips
Head Lights
Rims (syn-seal)
Tire Shine

Interior
Lexol conditioner and Cleaner
303 Vinyl protection
Vacume

Old 09-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Having a black car means you don't spend too much time on the forums lol...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Once you go black ........