G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I like the G35 couper, but....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha dont say that.. my s2k is almost half a second faster and it only had 240hp... but then again the car only weighed 2800

Originally Posted by FAST1
It just demonstrates how important a car's weight is. I had a Porsche 993 that had 296 HP but was a second faster than a G35 coupe in 0-60 and over a second in the 1/4. The reason is that the curb weight of a 993 was around 3100 lbs. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that German horses are stronger than Japanese horses.

Old 09-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
there are many cars out there that u can get, but for me the G was the only one that did everything well.

if you wanna get a car under $20K, look into the scion Tc or acura rsx. both great cars that are fun to drive considering they only have bout 160hp

Old 09-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Love Poker!!!
For a commuter car, I would just stick with the civic. Honda's are very reliable cars. I have a G and I commute to work 30 miles each way and the gas on this G is killing me. I have to pay usually around $56 dollars every full tank which lasts about 4 days only. Save your money and go play some poker instead But I still love my G

Old 09-22-2005, 10:36 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MachoT
Hi, all. It’s my first time to post. I am currently driving 94 Civic Coupe. Yes, I have been driving it for 12 years. It still drives great, but I have been thinking about getting a new car, and G35 Coupe has been on top of my list.

Recently, I started to feel that I can’t justify upgrading the commute car… I do well financially, but I feel like I should get something cheaper, like another Civic, and use the difference on something else such as my kid’s college funds or saving. What do you guys think? BTW, I am in late 20’s with wife and 2 year old boy.
Welcome to G35Driver....hope to hear more from you. (about your new G. )

All those things are important, but I can tell you the Coupe is one awsome ride.
LOL, it's twice the car the Civic is but would get only half the gas mileage. (a BIG factor these days. )

Do what you can afford, and what's in your heart. and G/L
Colin.

Old 09-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Couper?

Old 09-23-2005, 01:55 AM
the G is no doubt a great overall car for the price. however, if u gonna just use it as a daily driver and prob not that much of a car enthusiast (from the way you talk bout cars..no offense there), then i would either stay with civic (which is a great car btw..i have one ..NEVER ever breaks down on me and it has 90K on it.. never even changed anything besides the normal maintanance, and i drive like a maniac..lol).
or better yet, "upgrade" to a TSX/TL or something. if im buying a FWD family sedan, i would def. go Honda/Toyota before i even consider a Nissan, since all those family sedans are front wheel drive anyways, and we all know that toyotas and hondas never really breaks down..great reliability, not something Nissan can put in their book! and the quality of the cars (and material used), toyota and hondas are much better. i think even G35 drivers have to agree with that. i think the only down side to the Acura TL is that its a FWD... otherwise, it prob be the best car for the money on the market!
now, if u want a sports GT/coup, G35 is the way to go, unless u got the money for M3 or something.
anyhow, do what makes you happy.. but also remember that u only live once..have some fun!!

goodluck

Old 09-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honestly the G is the best bang for the buck, it doesn't excel in any category except looks but it's very well rounded. I also have an e36 M3 which handles better but not much could of purchased an e46 but it's outdated with the e90 being out. Sti and evo's are faster but it's a kids car, i would never drive an evo or sti to my work.I do like s2000's and was about to get one but i passed on it, wouldn't mind having one though they go for about 17-25k.I purchased my 05 in dec of 04 for 39k otd my neighbor at that time bought an 05 s2k for 36 otd and recently sold it for 24.5k. He loved they way it drove but said that he wanted something more grown up and not be linked to driving a honda. He's been driving and draging hondas for 10 years, he also has a 94 hatch that dips into the 11's but he doesn't feel safe in it. I love the G and it's ability to do or mimic everything, it was car of the year in 2003.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Stay with a civic. You have much higher priorities such as a 2 year old boy and a wife. They come way before your wants. Thats why you should have bought the coupe before you got married. Anyways use the 20K somewhere else the car is not important.

Old 09-23-2005, 10:08 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If your company is giving you a car allowance and gas allowance then what the heck is the problem? If you are worried about space get the G sedan it's just as fun to drive as the coupe. Your kid is 2 yrs old you have plenty of time to save for his college. Financial planning for your kids college is very possible even if you had a G. If you make as good money as you say then there shouldn't be a problem. I would sacrifice on some other things in life to save money. I have 2 kids in college right now both have government grants. I still help out with some other things like car insurance but it's no biggie. At this stage in my life I have saved enough were the kids can stay in school and mommy and daddy can have fun on the weekends. Only you can decide on what you want in life all others are just opinion. Goodluck on your decision.

Old 09-23-2005, 10:59 AM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me
the G is no doubt a great overall car for the price. however, if u gonna just use it as a daily driver and prob not that much of a car enthusiast (from the way you talk bout cars..no offense there), then i would either stay with civic (which is a great car btw..i have one ..NEVER ever breaks down on me and it has 90K on it.. never even changed anything besides the normal maintanance, and i drive like a maniac..lol).
or better yet, "upgrade" to a TSX/TL or something. if im buying a FWD family sedan, i would def. go Honda/Toyota before i even consider a Nissan, since all those family sedans are front wheel drive anyways, and we all know that toyotas and hondas never really breaks down..great reliability, not something Nissan can put in their book! and the quality of the cars (and material used), toyota and hondas are much better. i think even G35 drivers have to agree with that. i think the only down side to the Acura TL is that its a FWD... otherwise, it prob be the best car for the money on the market!
now, if u want a sports GT/coup, G35 is the way to go, unless u got the money for M3 or something.
anyhow, do what makes you happy.. but also remember that u only live once..have some fun!!

goodluck
Infiniti reliability > Acura reliability....don't believe me? Check out JD powers and consumer reports. Both publications have Infiniti as more reliable than acura. Also, CR has the G35 as an "above average" reliability rating vs. the "average" reliability rating of the Acura TL.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Get the Civic. They'll be plenty of time to get your dream car when the kids are grown and out of college and you're 50 years old. The Coupe is for folks in the niche market, who don't mind giving up a little practicality. If the purchase don't make sense, then don't do it. Basic transportation doesn't get any more basic than a Civic, but somehow people finds ways to pay $40k, $60k, $100k for a car. Either you get their intentions or you don't and that's what should drive your decision.

Hyun83,

I would love to meet you at a drag strip. You're disillusioned, bro.

Old 09-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Get an '06 Si coupe and give the kid the education he deserves. That way you'll satisfy both your paternal obligations and your obligation to your driving senses!

Old 09-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds to me like you simply need to replace the fun car and drive the commuter until it dies.

Old 09-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Might want to check out the Mazda 3 also. It's been kicking butt in compact car camparos. Never drove one though... there's a Mazdaspeed version coming out soon also.

Good luck, put the family first,
-Wayno-san

Old 09-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Save the money!

Money is GOD !

I gave up buying the G, instead went for Odyssey for $29K. Love it, got to take my family, (parents/in-laws/grandma) everywhere. Have some quality time together.

My wife just dingged my car while she backed up. I just bumped my bumper when I backed up as well. No problem, didn't bother me at all. Can't say the same if it's $37K G35.

Anyway, you really don't appreciated what an extra $20K can do until you give it a deep thought, esp when you start to have a family (kids/vacation/home/tax, etc).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I like the G35 couper, but....