G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I like the G35 couper, but....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the G35 couper, but....

Hi, all. It’s my first time to post. I am currently driving 94 Civic Coupe. Yes, I have been driving it for 12 years. It still drives great, but I have been thinking about getting a new car, and G35 Coupe has been on top of my list.

Recently, I started to feel that I can’t justify upgrading the commute car… I do well financially, but I feel like I should get something cheaper, like another Civic, and use the difference on something else such as my kid’s college funds or saving. What do you guys think? BTW, I am in late 20’s with wife and 2 year old boy.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:46 PM
If you can afford it, I'd do it. I wouldn't get rid of the Civic though. I traded in a '99 Maxima when I bought mine, and I ended up regretting it. Luckily, I was able to buy a '93 Integra from an old friend as a commuter for $1500. Its great cuz I can take that car and not have to worry about dings, etc...plus I can put in the 87 octane stuff (would never do that to my G). I guess you'd have to look at your priorities. I'm not too sure I'd want the G as a daily driver if I had a 2 year old. Although the G's got the back seats, it still a bit of a hassle. Test drive it and see how you feel.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:47 PM
well if you can settle for another civic and use the money elsewhere like college funds or saving,then do just that.i think it's a wise choice.but if you want some spice in your life or a better than you thought commute car and totally can afford it? then G35 coupe is the answer.

Old 09-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the civic and use the money elsewhere. the $20k difference is very substantial and imo: shouldnt be committed if there werent a question in your mind that its worth it

Old 09-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Thanks, guys!

Thanks for your opinion, guys. I have 300ZXTT as a fun car which I bought when I was in college, and my wife has ‘05 Accord for taking my son to preschool, grocery shopping and for weekend use. Fortunately, my current company provides $500/mo car allowance and gas card on top of my salary. Since I am not in any hurry, I will think more about this issue.

Thanks

Old 09-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Dont get the G, worst car I ever bought. The new civic seems nice.. The layout and finish are decent.. You can even get navi on the EX models. Cars are a depreciating asset as you already know, and unless you have "that" much money, theres no justification in paying interest on a car thats depreciating when you are driving it. Also if monetary reasoning isnt a problem, then i'd opt of the new lexus is. The G is out dated and its not that great.. dual climate control, heated seats, who cares! I want to kick myself in the leg for buying this pos car. Its the entry level car for infiniti and damn.. i can go on and on.. but i know i'm gonna get flamed everyone.. just pm me if you want to know whatsup

Old 09-22-2005, 02:48 PM
no shame in getting another civic, bro. honda seems to be going all out on their cars now. the new civic si is the best looking thing to come out of honda in a while. and their 06 accords have LED brake lights now. hahaha. what the hell has this world come to?

anyways, good luck, whatever you decide.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Do what makes you happiest. You only live once, and you should live well during that one time.

Old 09-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G

I wish my work paid me allowence for the car and gas. As you see everyone has their own opinion whether to buy a nice car or not. I am a car enthusiast and I need and want a car that's fun to drive, which justifies me spending more money on the car than other people that don't care if they drive a civic or a Kia. I always try to find the right balance between things, so buy the car that you want and have fun in life, but also make sure you put away for your kid's college.

Old 09-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hyun83
Dont get the G, worst car I ever bought. The new civic seems nice.. The layout and finish are decent.. You can even get navi on the EX models. Cars are a depreciating asset as you already know, and unless you have "that" much money, theres no justification in paying interest on a car thats depreciating when you are driving it. Also if monetary reasoning isnt a problem, then i'd opt of the new lexus is. The G is out dated and its not that great.. dual climate control, heated seats, who cares! I want to kick myself in the leg for buying this pos car. Its the entry level car for infiniti and damn.. i can go on and on.. but i know i'm gonna get flamed everyone.. just pm me if you want to know whatsup
I'm not sure about other G drivers, but I would surely NOT trust this one. He/she sounds way too disgruntled (maybe a postal worker?)
Take a look at this thread if you want unbiased (or less biased) opionions on whether or not to get a G:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...2&page=1&pp=15

Anywho, I also agree and get what you CAN afford. Like every one else here (except the aforementioned disgruntled G driver), if you remotely worried about the money, then the G is not for you. Boy, a civic and G are so far apart in every resect. It's more like an Altima and Civic are closer in comparison. I've been in a civic and man, it's one rough car compared to a G. In either case, Good luck.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:13 PM
postal worker? hardly.. How could I afford an s2k and a G on a postal workers salary?

Everyone thinks there cars are hot stuff, there are a lot of nicer cars out there than ours is all i'm saying. The interior on the G is very cheap much like the maximas. What makes this car luxurious anyways? leather?[like on a rsx?] or is the navi[on a mazda 3?] ... I like the look of the body and thats about it.. oh yeah, gotta love the exhaust note.. But thats about it.

Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
I'm not sure about other G drivers, but I would surely NOT trust this one. He/she sounds way too disgruntled (maybe a postal worker?)
Take a look at this thread if you want unbiased (or less biased) opionions on whether or not to get a G:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...2&page=1&pp=15

Anywho, I also agree and get what you CAN afford. Like every one else here (except the aforementioned disgruntled G driver), if you remotely worried about the money, then the G is not for you. Boy, a civic and G are so far apart in every resect. It's more like an Altima and Civic are closer in comparison. I've been in a civic and man, it's one rough car compared to a G. In either case, Good luck.

Old 09-22-2005, 05:23 PM
EZZ
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
postal worker? hardly.. How could I afford an s2k and a G on a postal workers salary?

Everyone thinks there cars are hot stuff, there are a lot of nicer cars out there than ours is all i'm saying. The interior on the G is very cheap much like the maximas. What makes this car luxurious anyways? leather?[like on a rsx?] or is the navi[on a mazda 3?] ... I like the look of the body and thats about it.. oh yeah, gotta love the exhaust note.. But thats about it.
For the price, there are always compromises. Get the Acura-TL if you want a nice interior but be prepared for fwd handling characteristics. You can get a IS300 but its out of date and slow. The IS250 = really slow. The IS350 comes with a great interior and an electronic mother so you can't get in trouble (or do anything fun). Plus it costs about $8k more. S2000??? different class of car and great...if you wanna track it. BMW is a great car when its not in the shop, plus its about $10k more if you want the 330. The 325 is a dog btw. You can get a GTO and its a great car for the money if you like to go fast and straight...kinda heavy if you wanna turn (and yes the G35 is porky but NOT THAT porky). The Mustang is a great car for the price but if you think the G lacks luxury...well, lets leave it at that. The 350Z = G35 coupe - 2 seats - luxury - trunk.

I think thats it... for the price, G35 coupe =

Old 09-22-2005, 06:24 PM
well put.. I just didnt expect the G to be so slow.. but thats my fault.. i should have been more patient

Originally Posted by EZZ
For the price, there are always compromises. Get the Acura-TL if you want a nice interior but be prepared for fwd handling characteristics. You can get a IS300 but its out of date and slow. The IS250 = really slow. The IS350 comes with a great interior and an electronic mother so you can't get in trouble (or do anything fun). Plus it costs about $8k more. S2000??? different class of car and great...if you wanna track it. BMW is a great car when its not in the shop, plus its about $10k more if you want the 330. The 325 is a dog btw. You can get a GTO and its a great car for the money if you like to go fast and straight...kinda heavy if you wanna turn (and yes the G35 is porky but NOT THAT porky). The Mustang is a great car for the price but if you think the G lacks luxury...well, lets leave it at that. The 350Z = G35 coupe - 2 seats - luxury - trunk.

I think thats it... for the price, G35 coupe =

Old 09-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hyun83, why the heck did you buy the G if you hate it so much, dont you test drive and research cars before buying? I dont mean to lash out but it just seems like you have issues that should never have come up if you would have just discovered it was not what you are looking for before buying.

Old 09-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well put.. I just didnt expect the G to be so slow.. but thats my fault.. i should have been more patient
It just demonstrates how important a car's weight is. I had a Porsche 993 that had 296 HP but was a second faster than a G35 coupe in 0-60 and over a second in the 1/4. The reason is that the curb weight of a 993 was around 3100 lbs. Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that German horses are stronger than Japanese horses.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I like the G35 couper, but....