G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Free carwash @ Dealership? NO!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 12:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Free carwash @ Dealership? NO!!!

Kdog,

I've used Motorwerks free wash on Saturdays without any problem. I purchased my car from them too. However, the line there is sometimes so rediculous that it's not worth waiting for their free wash. now, after seeing this though, I question if anything like this has ever happened to my rims there. I have a sedan with only 17" wheels and from what i've seen, no problems. Instead of waiting at Motorwerks for half of my Saturday for a free wash, I go to Deltasonic in Palatine on Dundee Rd. they have a touchless wash there with full interior and 5 day free rewash for around $15.99 and I've never had a problem there. They too use a rail but it's wider and I've never heard metal on metal with anyone's car, let alone mine. Try Delta and see if you like it. if so, you can buy discount books which gives you 1 free wash for buying 5.

Keep it clean and mean lookin!!!

Tim

'03.5 G35 Sedan
Stillen Intake, 350Z duct
Hyper-Ground Kit
Eat IS300's for lunch!

Old 07-13-2003, 01:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damit!!!!!
i realized i had the same sorta sratchs(a lot smaller thou) when i hand washed my car last week..... i took it to a automatic car wash when i was in detroit. ugh!!!!

2003 6MT Coupe Black/Graphite Premium/Aero

Old 07-13-2003, 10:48 AM

The white dot of paint is mroe than likely an assembly mark. Balance here, or sealant here, or this one checks OK.

The reason I do not do the free car wash at the dealer is because they do a really crappy job. I don't like having to do something correct after someone else has done it wrong---it generally pisses me off. I did not know about the automatic car washes at the dealership, but it does make sense. I have always been hesitant about using those things.

<p>
hehehehehehehehehehe

Old 07-13-2003, 11:09 AM

They have a handwash at my dealer. I've used them a couple of times, and they do an awesome job! No swirl marks, no water spots. And the tire dressing they use is great - shines, and doesn't spread around. I guess not everyone is as lucky.

Old 07-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealership does a half-@$$ed job at the carwash, too. The car still has bug guts on the front bumper, and they kinda half-wipe 2 or 3 of the 5 openings in the front wheels where there's brake dust, so I wind up with a wheel that's half-covered in brake dust, and the other half still has large blobs in the corners. It's almost like all they do is dump a bucket of water on the car and dry it off.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 07-15-2003, 08:25 PM

hey Kdog, i just checked this thread and was hoping it wasn't Motorwerks because I ordered my coupe there in June. I guess I will have to check my wheels when I pick up my car and turn down the free carwash after services. So did they replace your rims? Please keep me updated, thanks and good luck.

Old 07-15-2003, 08:29 PM

"So did they replace your rims?"

I sure hope they replaced his rims cuz if not someone's gonna get sued.. I would be pi$$ed off if they did that to me and say I was at fault..

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 09-17-2003, 03:27 PM

It's sad how you have to take a walk around with the dealer before you leave your car there, cause those guys will really doa number on your car and blame it on you. Don't ever go to Field's Infiniti in Glenview, IL. worst service ever!!!!

Old 09-17-2003, 03:28 PM

Oh and they will probably tell you that it was already there and that they arenot going to replace it because they didn't do it.

Old 09-17-2003, 06:04 PM
Omi
Charter Monkey Florida G35 club

I had almost the same thing happen, same side of car. I complained about it and actually got all the rims redone on the car. They will usually take care of your car for you on those types of issues.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:51 PM

That sucks!

I did the mistake of scratching a mag on my C230K on one of thoes rail last year and I won't do the same with my G35c.

Today I made a very little scratch on a mag when I dropped the rubber end of my ski rack on it. ***rolleyes***

The mags are very low quality just like the paint, the brake pads and the interior of the car that [censored] up so easy...pos

Old 09-18-2003, 02:24 AM

Man - that is one lame dealership. Our dealership hand washes all cars and we even shampoo the carpets if the carpets are very dirty. Accidents do happen at dealerships - its inevitable because of the small space with so many moving cars. However - this sort of thing should never happen.

I personally would let the dealership wash my car - I wash my car at the dealership many a night when there's nothing going on. Just watch how they treat your car - if it looks as if they treat it with care, things are good. If anything at all appears out of line, just whisk ur car away and wash it yourself.

Old 09-18-2003, 02:46 AM

I'm so glad I purchased the wheel and tire coverage now....

Old 09-18-2003, 01:39 PM

I love taking my car to my dealer for service because they do a hand wash and the interior too. That tire shine stuff they use is incredible. Lasts forever. Have to find out what it is.
I refuse to use any type of auto wash. I am learning to always check my car for the mileage and a walk around before leaving it with anyone. For example, even the best dealership may have just hired a new person who just doesn't care. Doesn't mean the dealer is bad, just that he has a bad employee that he has to get rid off. Also I made the mistake of not recording my mileage for my last service and wasn't sure if they added miles to my car or not. That will not happen again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Free carwash @ Dealership? NO!!!