G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Charging for loaner cars in Melbourne, FL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charging for loaner cars in Melbourne, FL

Just got off the phone with Infiniti of Melbourne to schedule an oil change, and I heard some dissappointing news. This particular dealership is now charging for loaner cars. It's because someone was in an accident in a loaner car, and their insurance company refused to pay, so now they are charging everyone. Sounds pretty damn stupid to me.

It's only $5, but its the principle of the thing. I bought the car expecting a free loaner car whenever I needed it, but now they are changing their policy at this particular dealership...

Old 09-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well....will they fill up the tank of gas?

In San Diego, we get free loaner cars but we don't always get a full tank of gas. They have a minimum they have to put in (1/4 tank) and most cars come with that.

With gas prices the way they are...you're prob. better off getting the full tank and paying the 5 bucks.

Hooman

Old 09-26-2005, 12:31 PM
Whats the age policy for loaners? I'm bringing my car in for service Wednesday (Engine is screaming in a bad way above 3 rpms and the interior lights won't come on).

On the phone they asked if i needed a loaner without asking my age and i said Yes. I'm 20 years old by the way, i'd hate to get there expecting a loaner and then have to call someone to pick me up.

Old 09-26-2005, 12:33 PM
That stinks, but I think they are only required to provide a loaner for warranty work...but don't quote me on that. Like Hooman said it may work out better with the gas thing.

Old 09-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Nicholas GQ
Whats the age policy for loaners? I'm bringing my car in for service Wednesday (Engine is screaming in a bad way above 3 rpms and the interior lights won't come on).

On the phone they asked if i needed a loaner without asking my age and i said Yes. I'm 20 years old by the way, i'd hate to get there expecting a loaner and then have to call someone to pick me up.
It's 21 here in San Diego. They may have you pay the underage fee to get a loaner, but I doubt it. When I took my BMW in to the dealership once, I was 2 weeks away from my 21st birthday, and they refused to give me a loaner car.

We get loaner cars with oil changes. So I don't think it's just with warranty work.

Hooman

Old 09-26-2005, 12:46 PM
You should be able to get a loaner if you need to leave your car there for them to work on it no matter how long or short. The dealership I go to has a policy where you must fill up the tank before you return the loaner or else you get charged like $5.00 per gallon. When I got a loaner it had a full tank of gas. I was kinda pissed off though when I got my car back because it was on empty.

Old 09-26-2005, 12:59 PM
clemens9,

It's been my experience at Orlando Infiniti that if you fill up the loaner car to the level they gave it to you that they'll waive the $5 fee.

Lokey Infiniti in Clearwater does not charge this $5 to Florida G35 Club members and I usually take my car there for service if I'll need a loaner. The 2 hour drive is worth it for GOOD SERVICE!

BTW, check out the Florida G35 Club Forum here on G35driver.com. We are an active group with ~135 members and about 70 or so local lurkers who all hang out here on driver. We talk about the 12 Infiniti dealerships in Florida all of the time.

Old 09-26-2005, 03:16 PM
My dealership has a $7 gas fee...wonder if that will remain the same. Miller Infiniti, Van Nuys CA.

Old 09-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by neffster
We talk about the 12 Infiniti dealerships in Florida all of the time.
Hopefully sometimes you guys talk about something interesting as well

Old 09-26-2005, 04:04 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by clemens9
Just got off the phone with Infiniti of Melbourne to schedule an oil change, and I heard some dissappointing news. This particular dealership is now charging for loaner cars. It's because someone was in an accident in a loaner car, and their insurance company refused to pay, so now they are charging everyone. Sounds pretty damn stupid to me.

It's only $5, but its the principle of the thing. I bought the car expecting a free loaner car whenever I needed it, but now they are changing their policy at this particular dealership...
Did you ask about any charges for a loaner when warranty work is scheduled?
From what I've heard, many dealerships aren't lending out (free) cars for maitenance, but only for warrranty work as per the guidelines in our warranty book.

C.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Miller Van Nuys doesn't give ME a loaner for my oil change anymore??? He said they changed their policy.

I think my service guy has a vendetta against me, Gene Lee. Not to mention I've been waiting over a month for them to call me to fix my rocking seat TSB.

Sorry to hijack the thread....are you guys sure they still give out loaners for oil changes????

Old 09-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike

Sorry to hijack the thread....are you guys sure they still give out loaners for oil changes????

I think only if the appointment is made waaaaaaaaay before the actual date so that they can reserve it for you.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
Miller Van Nuys doesn't give ME a loaner for my oil change anymore??? He said they changed their policy.

I think my service guy has a vendetta against me, Gene Lee. Not to mention I've been waiting over a month for them to call me to fix my rocking seat TSB.

My dealership (Infiniti of Lisle in the ChicagoLand area) looks like they're changing their policy as well. I got loaners before for oil changes, but today, they told me that they don't do that anymore.

Old 09-26-2005, 06:15 PM
We do not get loaner for oil change : /

Old 09-26-2005, 09:33 PM
I get a loaner for oil changes and am not charged for gas in the loaner...Herrin Geear Infiniti Jackson, MS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Charging for loaner cars in Melbourne, FL