G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Crashed, Help me please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, thats a lot worse than I pictured it to be...

If someone ever hit my car and wouldnt pay, I would have some fun with them (fun for me, not for them). It would involve slashing their tires every day (A new one each day for annoyance purposes), egging their car/house, pouring brake fluid on their car, cutting radiator hoses. Anything fun that will really **** them off for being an *******.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Yeah well try going to the ghetto and do that.

I really want this guy to go to juvie, as that is what he deserves. I guess Ill go with some friends to give those guys a visit and make em pay for the 500.

heeb - about the corners, there isnt one. He hit that too and the glassy part broke.

Ill try to take better pictures of the part I think got bent. Im really affraid that it wont handle like she used to. I think I'll have my car towed tomorrow.

Old 09-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Which body shop are you taking it to?

Old 09-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Man ur car got ripped bad. Mine just got scratched on the rims and the side bumper. Nothing too big, but this kid did a # on urs. But Im still paying the 250 deductable to fix it. I dont want no scratched rims.

Old 09-28-2005, 12:07 AM
'04.5 Black 6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
I thought I would never need to post a thread like this since I barely drive my G. Well, today, it happened. I was going to university (1.5 miles away from me) when this guy crashed into me. It wasnt more than 2 minutes since I started driving when he hit me.

I was going north on a 40mph street, he was comming south. Light was on green, and the guy did a left turn without even looking if someone was comming (talking to his friend sitting besides him) and hit my front rim and scratched from there, all the way to my back rim (door barely scratched, but front and rear panels plus corner of my headlight are screwed). It was a direct hit to my front driver's side rim wich apparently, messed up my suspension.

Guy stopped for a while, I wrote license plate down just in case, as I approached him, he ran away. I called cops, drove back home and gave him the guy's plate number. He ran the plate up and told me he was gonna be back. He found the guy (lived close to me) and here is where it becomes REALLY nasty.

Cop comes back after 1 hour. He tells me the driver was a 16 year old boy w/o license (underage + no license). He took the car from his sister (stealing), and proceded to crash me (hit and run). Plus, the car had NO insurance. He told me the guy was given 3 tickets, 2 of which were criminal record and he now awaits court hearing.

Now, I call up my insurance, and they tell me that I have to take my car to a body shop and have them email an estimate plus pictures of the damages. Not only this, but I have to pay the 500$ deductible even though I have 0% fault.

Here is where I am lost and would like it if you guys can help me.
1) How can I make this guy pay for the 500$ deductible (If he had insurance, I wouldnt have to pay anything)?
2) How/When should I tell insurance company that they have to include cost of a car rental on the check?
3) Can I claim diminished value even though MY insurance has to pay for something I wasnt at fault for?
4) What will happen to that guy? I dont find it fair that he doesnt have to pay anything since he has no insurance.

Ill upload the pictures later with some questions about the repairability of my car. I cant express how depressed I am at the moment since, as many of you know, I love my car far beyond "a lot".
Same thing happened to my wife, guy was uninsured and hit us. If you can somehow get his/legal guardian's license or SSI #, you can put a lean against him. Unfortunately, that's why we pay for the uninsured with our insurance. You can also try small claims/civil suit. We didn't do this because of too much going on at the time, regretfully.

Old 09-28-2005, 12:13 AM
Don't just sue for 500...
Your neck, back, lower back and legs are aching badly now,
time for a lawyer and medical reports.
Hopefully enough down payment for a new 06 G.

Kids like that deserve no future, I hope you ruin his life and put him in jail for life.

Old 09-28-2005, 12:23 AM
Small Claims court is not much of a problem. Get your estimates, send his parents a Demand Letter (search the net "Demand Letter' for ideas along with copies of the estimate and photos of the damage. Give them two weeks from the date you mail the letter: Certified, Return Receipt. When you go to Court take copies of everything, rehearse what you are going to say, dress neatly. Once the case is decided in your favor write another demand letter for the amount of the award (damages plus all your costs). If they don't pay up you can file in Civil Court usually and that will cost them a lot more not to mention the impact on their credit report.

I took a dog owner to Small Claims, asked for $135.00 and was awarded $153.xx which more than covered all my costs. The satisfaction of hearing the Judge rule in my favor made it all worth the time

Old 09-28-2005, 12:36 AM
Sue his parents in small claims court

I sue this guy that hit me a few years back in small claims court (usually limited to ~$5000).

1) Fill out forms at local court. Pay ~$25. They will send a subpoena to them to appear in court.
2) In court, present the judge any police report and cost that you sustained. Just explain what happened. The judge doesn't really want anything elaborate because he's got a bunch of other cases to worried about. Asked for a few thousand because the judge will usually cut the amount back. It should be an easy win.
3) Assuming you win judgement, the defendent has 30 days to paid. You can legally asked where they work.
4) Assume they will not pay. After the 30 days, then pay another fee to have a sheriff go to their workplace to garnish their wages.

I ended up getting ~$1300 for a $3000 judgement before the guy lost his job which covered my expenses.
It's a pain but a good learning experience of the court system.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by clemens9
Which body shop are you taking it to?
Infiniti of Melbourne suggested Oliver's body shop... I live in Melbourne, FL so if there is anyone who knows of a better place, please tell me.

Originally Posted by G35Luver
Don't just sue for 500...
Your neck, back, lower back and legs are aching badly now,
time for a lawyer and medical reports.
Hopefully enough down payment for a new 06 G.

Kids like that deserve no future, I hope you ruin his life and put him in jail for life.
I dont have much time to spend as I am a student and work for school. How much time would be needed for this to go through... lawyer would take up a lot of the money wouldnt he?

94gxe, GPSIIFMG35 - Those are some great stories. I really would like it if the a-hole who did this to me gets really fuxed up. How much time do you think I would have to put into this, and within how much time would I get the money? (I am affraid that this guy and his family doesnt have money... maybe not even jobs)

Ill try to pay him a visit tomorrow and will post what comes up.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:15 AM
my dad's 911 got backed over by a woman with no insurance. He had to pay a hefty deductible and then had to sue to recoup (sp?) his losses. You can sue for any amount.... include pain and suffering if you want.... include the cost of the lawyer if you want... my dad didnt.. he just wanted his cash back, but he could have if he were a vindictive guy

Old 09-28-2005, 03:19 AM
ive been watching lots of small claims court on TV lately and they usually will not give you a dime for pain and suffering. The only way they will is if it is severe as in a death or brain damage or something of that matter. I would just get as many things documented as possible because no proof = no money. Your word of mouth is completely useless without proof. Get all receipts of EVERYTHING you pay for. When you go to court you will be all prepared. I hope this sucker gets what he deserves. I wouldn't try to do anything hostile though if you're planning to go to court anyways. Just ask politely and if not, then get the letter sent. Then get the subpoena (sp?) and smile for ownage!

Old 09-28-2005, 08:02 AM
that really sucks, and I hate people that do cr@p like that. hopefully you get it taken care of.

but did you really cry because your car got wrecked?

Old 09-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by G35_coupe_6MT
Infiniti of Melbourne suggested Oliver's body shop... I live in Melbourne, FL so if there is anyone who knows of a better place, please tell me.
I went there recently and they are really nice. I curbed my sideskirt (no scratches, but residue from the rockguard tape) and they fixed it for free, so I just gave the guy who worked on it 50$.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
All you have to do is pay your deductible any good any reputable insurance company will take care of the rest. You don't have to sue anyone because the insurance company will pursue the guy for all the damages. If car rental was in your policy then you don't have anything to worry about. What kind of diminish value do you want to claim it was a simple fender bender no major body damage. Make sure the body shop you bring your car to is very good one. DO NOT PICKUP THE CAR IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE WORK. MAKE SURE THE WORK IS DONE TO YOUR SATISFACTION. Make sure that the work done to your car is guaranted. Don't feel so bad I have seen worse things happen to people be glad that the damage was not to big in the first place. If any you are only out $500 dollars these are just a few things you have to deal in life.

Old 09-28-2005, 11:10 AM
yea the insurance will go after the person who hit you. If they win the case you will get your deductable back.

But in my case the hispanic person doesnt even work, he probably will be out of the country come court time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crashed, Help me please.