G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Never let dad drive a G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never let dad drive a G35

OMG... i only had this car for 10 days, and today, i felt like being a good son and let my parents take the car bowling, he comes bac with a dent on the lower front bumper and scratched up.... im flipping... he blames it on being a sports car, it shouldnt be so low..he says, it should go over the parking blocks, my ML and E class does clear it... now i dont wanna get it repainted and the only thing i can think of is buying the front lip. Where can i order a OEM front lip from? is it only a dealer option or can i go to website that sells it. please help... i dont kno how long i can stand to look at it... please help...
Geoff

Old 07-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Re: Never let dad drive a G35

wow. Next time you want to be a good son, take the trash out! [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I don't have an answer for ya', but if I had your problem I'd check on <a target="_blank" href=http://"http://www.freshalloy.com">FreshAlloy.com</a>. There are a couple users from the dealerships that sponser the forum who are very quick to answer questions like these.

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by RamboRami on 07/13/03 11:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-13-2003, 07:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ack. My last car.. a 92 Accord.. *barely* cleared the parking blocks, and would get stuck on the rebar sticking out of them if a passenger hopped in the car with me, and it was *not* lowered.

You drive a low car, you gotta be careful of low obstacles.. not blame it on the car. If that were the case, you should be able to drive over the median dividers... a Jeep Wrangler can do it, why not an Indy car?

Where's the dent? Is it in the main part of the bumper, or in the black plastic thing under it? You should be able to order the parts through your dealership's parts dept., or through any body shop. If it's just the black trim piece, it shouldn't be bad. If it's the entire front bumper cover... ouch, they're several hundred dollars, and you'll have to have it painted, too.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 07-13-2003, 07:37 PM

Yea.. im used to driving low cars, my old97 lude was slamed
well its tha painted area on the bottom that scratched.. about an inch long going up for about 2 feet wide... its like he went on top of the belguim blocks. the dent is nearly dead center of the car.. like 2 inches up from the black part. its were the point of the very front meets under the license plate.. im thinking that the front lip will cover the paint.. i reallly dont wanna get it painted and look shitty... ill buy a new OEM painted bumper cover but not a aftermarket one that needs to b painted. and i figured ill put the license plate in front to cover the dent.. I guess tomorrow ill call tha dealership and ask them if the can get it for me.. might as well get the mud flaps too... such a disapointing day.. anyone kno roughly wat the dealership charges for this aero kit i believe its called??/
Geoff
and yes... next time ill take out tha trash or wax his benz and keep tha keys in my pocket..

Old 07-13-2003, 07:42 PM

On the other hand, my dad baby's my G more than I do. He doesn't rev it above 4, and parks far from the crowd. Good luck with yours.

Old 07-13-2003, 09:26 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup Mom was the first to scratch mine, backed it into the high brickwork in the front. Luckly the scratch is invisible, under teh lip of the rear bumper. But I knoticed it of course. Ironic part is she moved the car so the lawn mower guys wouldnt scratch it with their stuff. Oh well Ish happens. what are ya gonna do.

Old 07-13-2003, 09:43 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My Dad would have like my G too, and babied it for me. I wish I had him to share it with. Lost him in Aug of 2001.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red>

Old 07-13-2003, 09:57 PM

Sorry to hear that bro. I am sure he wishes the same. Once again, I am sorry.

Old 07-13-2003, 10:05 PM

See I wouldn't have such problems with all of my family members or even all of my friends, becuz the reason is out of them ALL, I am the worse driver, so if I can drive it, all of my family members and friends can take care of my G. LOL....

Sorry, but I do understand U and feel sorry about UR G.

[b][i]G35cp-5AT+PerformPk+Silverstone/graphite+AllTinted
See me? Light twice, honk once then smile

Old 07-14-2003, 09:25 AM

I'm 55 years old and I would NEVER let my son drive my 6MT! Never pull up to any curb or parking block.

Larry Bushaw - 6MT coupe - "There's nothing a donut won't solve!"

Old 07-14-2003, 10:40 AM

Well its not like my father abuses my G, he jus cat see the parking curbs in front of him and happened to be a big one.. He does baby the engine by not reving past 3K rpms. Jus that he cant drive a low car. Hes 60 years old and never really drove a sports car, if u wanna consider a BMW 840i a sports car. Hes used to driving til the front wheels hit the curb. Hes bad habits... It will b a lil while til hes using my G to go golfing.. Thanx all

Old 07-14-2003, 08:47 PM

MrElussive, it's not cool calling dads Assh****, no matter what they do to your car. It's only a car, and you can only have one dad!

Old 07-15-2003, 02:12 AM

i want my dad to hit my car
hell pay for an aftermarket bumper
hehehe

-moooooo

Old 07-15-2003, 09:33 AM

The BMW 840i is definiately a sports car and a fabulous one too. The reason I now have a G35c is because a guy came up to me last December and made me an offer that I could not refuse on my 95 BMW 850CSi. That's a 380 horse, 406 ft lb torque V12, 6 speed monster! My G35 is fun but it did not pull like that BMW V12. I sold that 8 year old supercar for $60,000 which was about $8,000 over book - He wanted it! Anything is for sale at the right price. The 840i is a V8 but is still very much a sports car. I have had Mecerdes 450SL, 3 - RX7s, Supra, MR2, Fiero GT (don't laugh, great car, owned it for 15 years and sold it to a collector), Miata, Fiat 124 Spyder, etc.

Larry Bushaw - 6MT coupe - "There's nothing a donut won't solve!"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Never let dad drive a G35