G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Trade????????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005 | 01:00 AM
Did I read it wrong didnt he say he put 15k down on his auto so he would def come out ahead on this deal, and if he didnt should be shot if he does it.

Old 10-05-2005 | 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by smokedhen
If you can take the hit, go for it. Otherwise consider a bike.
Bikes are soooooooo sexy... I wish I still could ride one after a big trauma of

the bike accident All 600 cc japanse bikes are sexy

Last edited by Jiwon; 10-05-2005 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-05-2005 | 02:36 AM
|
i kno i shoulda jus bought the 6 speed to begin with but this dealership gave me an amazing price, and the only six speed i coupld get was IP on wheat. Now, I was about to take the white 6mt but then the wheat interior was killin me, esp. that nastyass brown dash.

So why does the amount that you put as a down payment matter as far as losing more/less on a trade?

Thanks for all the replies.

Old 10-05-2005 | 03:01 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by greenery
So why does the amount that you put as a down payment matter as far as losing more/less on a trade?
Because if you didn't put enough $$ down you'd end up with negative equity (car is worth less than you owe, so whatever the difference is gets added to your new loan...).

Old 10-05-2005 | 03:12 AM
i have a 03 auto fully loaded got 30k,i went to the dealer they got a MT same mileage with no navi ,lips.. and wanted me to pay about 3-5 more! for the trade in. one of the salesman asked me this; why do i need a navi? u been living here for years,do u still get lost? after i heard this..i was like wtf!?hey i aint noob!but nice try!

Old 10-05-2005 | 04:04 AM
Originally Posted by greenery
i kno i shoulda jus bought the 6 speed to begin with but this dealership gave me an amazing price, and the only six speed i coupld get was IP on wheat. Now, I was about to take the white 6mt but then the wheat interior was killin me, esp. that nastyass brown dash.

Thanks for all the replies.
The more you put down the less you financed so you will "owe" less, but in this case, it doesnt really matter...assuming that you purchased 5AT for 38k out of door and you put 15k down and payment is around 450/mo(23k financed), now you want to trade that in for an 6MT? dealer offer you 33k for your 5AT, and you will have 10k back in your pocket, you can apply all of part of it toward the 6MT, depend on how much they sell you the 6MT for? even if you put all 10k down, you payment still will be higher, unless like i said befor, dealer willing to sell you 6MT for 31k or less!...either way it wont be "even" trade as you think.

I have wheat interior but my dash is black.

Old 10-05-2005 | 04:15 AM
Originally Posted by leegina
Did I read it wrong didnt he say he put 15k down on his auto so he would def come out ahead on this deal, and if he didnt should be shot if he does it.
How you figure that? it all depends on how much he can get for his trade-in and how much he can get that 6MT for, yes he will have money back but his payment will be higher, even dealer offer an "EVEN' trade, like 33k for 33k, how many of you here think it will happan? ,but he still have to pay sale's tax and DMV fee again which is close to 10 percent here in Cali ...of course if dealer willing to offer him an "buyback" he might not have to pay sale's tax and DMV fees.

Old 10-05-2005 | 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by MikeyMike
Dude, it's not worth it. I went through the same thing...I initially wanted a 6speed but then I ended up coming out the dealer with an Auto for one reason or the other.

After some time I regretted it and wanted a 6speed, but it was too big of a hit financially to trade...and there's no way to convert an auto to a 6. I just decided to take personal responsibility and buck it up, my next car will be a 6 speed hopefully.

Dude, a 6speed is no reason to go from a fully loaded G with navi and everything to a stock manual. It's not that big of a difference....

If the auto seems slow, you can get a grounding kit to make the shifting crisper. And if you do see FI in your future...Automatics are better suited for that kind of power than Manuals are, Just ask Gurgen.

Very prudent advice.

Old 10-05-2005 | 01:33 PM
I know someone did the same exact thing you did, and he took a loss of around $10k.

I think urs will be around there. don't even think about, that dealerships will give you cash back for the trade. when cars out of the door, u are taking a $4-5 k depreciation of the orginial value in you trading it in.

Old 10-05-2005 | 02:00 PM
Don't do it unless you truely have a few grand to burn, and since you have a loan it sounds like u don't. You have to pay for taxes and you have to take the massive "off the lot" depreciation hit again.

Old 10-05-2005 | 02:09 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Maybe try selling the car private party, you'll definitely get more than the dealer will give. But I would still keep my car if I were you.

Old 10-05-2005 | 02:15 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Originally Posted by limeg35
of course if dealer willing to offer him an "buyback" he might not have to pay sale's tax and DMV fees.
This is true. A couple things:

1) If you really have to have a 6MT coupe, try a private party sale first.. autotrader, eBay, whatever. When I went to the dealer to ask how much they would give me for my car (05 6mt with 2k miles), without even seeing it they told me to try to sell it on my own.

2) If you really have to have a standard, why not get a manual beater or something? Especially if it's your first manual. As much as I love a standard tranny, it's so nice to just sit back and cruise down the strip on weekends and not have to ride your clutch for an hour in and out of 1st. Think about it, you're buying the same exact car. In a couple of years, if that, it will get redesigned and you're going to want something else.

Old 10-05-2005 | 05:18 PM
By what I can comprehend in his first post of the thread, I guess his mind set was, he think he can just go back to dealershipp and "trade" his 5AT for 6MT EVENLY, and MAYBE he can even have some of his down payment back ! most of us would've known its never gonna happen.

Old 10-07-2005 | 03:45 PM
FWIW, I was just offered 27500 for my 2005 6MT all options less wing - so forget even money. Dealer can't make money if they do 'even' trades. Figure on getting raped on your trade-in and being had on your new selling price!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trade????????