weird vibration throughout the whole car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Call the Cops
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weird vibration throughout the whole car

im kind of worried.. can anyone help?
as i drive 40+mph i feel a very nasty vibration, the steering wheel vibrates, the front seats shake, the back seats shake, hell my whole lower body vibrates as im driving. it gets worse as i increase in speed. i dont know what it could be.. i checked the tire pressure.. all of em read 33-35 psi. i dontknow what else to do.

well just to say.. before this happened.. on the same day i drove out of my house.. i went to go pick someone up.. who lives about 20 miles away.. i took the highway. i was going 80-85 mph... coming back the sameway i was doing the same... the car was perfect as normal but then we parked at the gym for 2.5 hrs. on the way home this whole thing started. i parked it again at my house .. an hr later i wanted to drive it.. just to make sure it wasnt all in my head... it felt way worse at 40 mph.

Old 10-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Did you check your rims to make sure you didn't loose a wheel weight. The vibration is usually associated with an unbalanced wheel/rim........

Maybe look under the car and see if there is any visible suspension damage. It could also be an unbalanced drive shaft.

Do not rule out anything, and you will find the gremlin.......

Old 10-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
It's called the girlfriend/wife vibrator mod. They secretly run out and have it installed.

Old 10-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Try getting all 4 wheels balanced, might help.

Old 10-04-2005, 06:49 PM
i'd also check to make sure the tires dont have any bubbles. since mince was in the inside of tire, i couldn't see it. have a friend look under the car while u drive very slow and see if he/she can see anything. It did give the whole car a nasty vibration...

Old 10-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Originally Posted by GR8TG35
It could also be an unbalanced drive shaft.
Has anyone had a problem with an unbalanced driveshaft at all?

I'm asking because I have some weird vibration in the stick when the engine isn't under torque and I'm in-gear and coasting. Very uncharacteristic of a car that costs this much. I'm about to tell them to replace the tranny on it. Weird noise on startup too if I dont let the fuel pump go whzzzzzzzzzzzz before turning the motor over. WTF is that all about? Tell me I'm not the only one.

Last edited by kidtronix; 10-04-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
kidtronix......if you have a 6MT, I think that vibration is pretty normal on the G. If your talking auto, then thats definitely not normal......

As far as the driveshaft, I put that out there so he left no area for possible vibration causes out.....I don't know if anyone has had a problem to date....

Old 10-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Yeah I would think an out of balance driveshaft would nearly feel like a bomb going off at 80mph. I also have a 97 Ford Ranger - - the main carrier bearing that supports the driveshaft goes out once a year and when it dies - - it feels like the truck is going to explode because the driveshaft is wobbling everywhere!

Old 10-04-2005, 10:46 PM
It may be a bad wheel bearing. Try this experiment. While going on an off-ramp (sweeping right turn in California) you may notice the vibration disappears. If this is so then the bad wheel bearing is on the right side (because it gets unloaded in a right hand curve). If it disappears while turning left at speed then the bad wheel bearing is on the left side. If this happens, get back to us. There are some tricks to see if it is the front or rear wheel.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:29 PM
did you cehck your tires, for feathering like the 350z cuz they have the same symptoms

Old 10-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Call the Cops
i drove the car today like normal.. felt bad.. but i have no choice.. i scheduled an appointment at the dealer which will be on monday.. cuz it was the earliest they could fit me in. do you think it'll be safe to drive it until monday with the tire issue?

i doubt its the driveshaft.. could be the wheel bearing.. ill see if i can try that experiment.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:49 AM
is your vibrator on? if so just wait for the batteries to run out

Old 10-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just another reason for leaving the VDC (Vibration Damage Control) unit turned on.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Call the Cops
i know how to fix it now! yes!
im just gonna set the setting on the vibrator to " sexy rapid sensation" and let the battery run out

Old 10-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by hensta
It may be a bad wheel bearing. Try this experiment. While going on an off-ramp (sweeping right turn in California) you may notice the vibration disappears. If this is so then the bad wheel bearing is on the right side (because it gets unloaded in a right hand curve). If it disappears while turning left at speed then the bad wheel bearing is on the left side. If this happens, get back to us. There are some tricks to see if it is the front or rear wheel.
u are on the right track hear as it may be a possible wheel bearing.. BUT you are giving false information. a wheel bearing can make more noise when not put udner load. Generaly thats the test of a wheel bearing problem, but u can not be 100% sure of the side untill the individual bearings are tested, i am a technician at a lexus dealership and have gotten burned by following this general rule and replaced the wrong bearing(not fun to do BTW) so basically i was replacing the other side for free as i work flat rate per job not time.. that sucked so might wanna be 100% sure before replacing one just on the sound of on/off load!
-Adam

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: weird vibration throughout the whole car