G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35C or Crossfire or RX8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 10:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: G35C or Crossfire or RX8?

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I cant stand when people pick apart others posts because there is word they dont like or a term not used the way they thnk it should be.Correcting facts and figures - fine,but when I have to explain myself,by killing another ten minutes typing it makes this forum near useless.

<hr></blockquote>

Let's just say I disagree with just about everything you said in your last post. But that's fine: you don't have to agree with me, and I don't have to agree with you. I like healthy debates, but you took things too personally, and as an insult, and that's not my intent. It also becomes a waste of time arguing. So let's just agree to disagree and drop it. I don't want to hijack someone else's thread, so back to the original topic, the Crossfire. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

2003 G35C, 6MT, DG/G, Aero/Nav/Premium
2002 Corvette Z06, Electron Blue/Black

Old 07-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Performance wise in a straight line it's no match for a G and in the handling dept it may be a tiny bit better than a G but I think that's due to it's huge stock tires it comes with, and not an advanced suspension setup. Give the G some fat a$$ 19's like the Chrossfires' and do some comparisons on handling, I'm sure the G will come out with the superior numbers. I bet in that 'Art of driving' even they have the G will be handicapped with the 17's no LSD.

<hr></blockquote>

Uh, big wheels HURT performance unless you're driving at top speed (or maybe offroad). 17s, even at the same weight, will accelerate faster and brake more quickly, and generally allow the car to change direction more easily. You won't find 19s on a serious car at either autocross or a dragstrip. Putting 19s on a 215hp, 3000 pound car that's barely bigger than a Miata is the sort of stupidity that gave us SUVs in every driveway of well-paved American suburbia.

Besides, the dumb things look like wagon wheels.

-Jack
Obsidian/graphite '03 Coupe premium nav

Old 07-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

13.8 quarter for the Crossfire and RX8

ahhahaha

YAP

and since you were at THE CRYSLER art of driving event ....

I wonder what they did to the G .... I honestly wonder if they did anything to it ... to "enhance" the appeal at a Chrysler EVENT

yah ... they probably did nothing to it... didnt change the springs or air pressure even ... cause someone would know !!

SURE

I dunno.. JUST TALKIN

nahhhh ...they're fair

Hey man .. .you should try to post your weblink on the 350z forum and see what happens then !

Old 07-20-2003, 03:51 PM

DialyCurtis,
I have driven the G35 on two other occasions on test drives from dealers. Drove and felt the same as at the Art of Driving event. If Chrysler had messed with the G35, it would have hurt the credibility of the Crossfire. Since the Crossfire handles better than the G35, they didn't have to mess with the G35 in any way. You can argued they messed with the G35 in the sense that the course didn't have a good straightaway to let the G35 shine in its acceleration, but most autox events have similar course layouts. Then you look and you also have professional reviewers saying the Crossfire handles better than the G35.

http://www.crossfireforum.org

Old 07-20-2003, 04:14 PM

If Chrysler had messed with the G35, it would have hurt the credibility of the Crossfire.

YAH... for sure ... if they announced it .. or it was completely obvious.... OTHERWISE it would have "enhanced" the "credibility"
but how do you know they didn't ... soooo ??? who knows!!

I DONT want to harp on this by any means ..but I am .... what can I say.

BUT HEY it supposedly handles better according to you and the "experts" ... and thank god you test drove it twice .... that means you WERE really interested.....

how bout this ..
how bout you get your crossfire ...
come to a G meet and we'll check em out...
I'd love to see one...

LET ALONE WORK IT ON THE TRACK !!!

and G35C

I plainly and simply, agree and enjoyed your post!

Old 07-20-2003, 05:59 PM

mightyjlr,
I hope you aren't buying the crossfire strictly based on it's handling. If you are, the difference is not that significant (skidpad .01 greater in the xfire). I don't want to take anything away from your excitement, but the fact that you are coming into the G forum to make yourself feel better is a bit interesting.
First you said it's not that much slower than the G, even though it's a whole second slower, if not more. I bet you they'll be doing review of these three cars, as soon as the crossfire hits the market. We'll see how the G stacks up then. Once again, I don't want to bash you for your choice, but please stop trying to convince yourself that you made a good choice in the G forum.

Happy driving.

Old 07-20-2003, 07:37 PM

in essense it's not a hard core "drivers" sports car and can't compete with the driving feel and dynamics of a Z4/boxter/350z/G35/RX8. due to the older suspension from an SLK and it's big wheels bogging down the already weakish engine. It's more a rolling art piece that has high HANDLING LIMITS rather than one that has great handling feel.

<hr></blockquote>

Well said. I think that sums it up nicely.

Old 07-20-2003, 08:06 PM

Wouldn't the crossfire be actually compared to the Z since it has 2 seats?

Old 07-20-2003, 09:17 PM

On this board we'll compare anything! LOL! After all, part of comparing is contrasting.

So it seems the general consensus is if you love the looks, only need 2 seats, don't really care about the (relative) power loss or loose steering, don't mind paying a little extra, like American/German engineering crossbreeds, then get the Crossfire.

Hmmm... still can't see it.

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

Old 07-20-2003, 09:26 PM

shelleycat, you are funny. Sarcastic, but funny .

Old 07-20-2003, 09:32 PM

If the Chrysler Crossfire had the 302HP engine from the CLK500 then it would’ve been a contender, but that 3.2L 215HP engine just doesn’t cut it for me personally.

Old 07-20-2003, 09:35 PM

Maybe even the old 430 engine would do it., but then you are talking about V8. Our V6 is one of the best out there .

Old 07-20-2003, 09:38 PM

Our V6 is one of the best out there .

<hr></blockquote>
I'll second that[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35C or Crossfire or RX8?