G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35C or Crossfire or RX8?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G35C or Crossfire or RX8?

Well you cant argue that fact when Vq's have been rated the best engine like 10 or was it 11 years in a row,

Old 07-20-2003, 10:02 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Crossfire is a Chrysler. Chryslers are POS's. Therefore the Crossfire is a POS.

End of story.

Thanks - Joey Avino

Old 07-20-2003, 10:11 PM

malx i agree its a pos thats over priced and we'll f*cken kill them on the road

Quick Robin... TO THE BATMOBILE.

Old 08-01-2003, 11:37 AM

Went to see the RX-8 yesterday...sorry to say...it's damn ugly. RX-7 even looks better than the RX-8. Made up my mind. Will go and order my G today. I wanted cloth...I know...my wife hates leather. I wnated 6speed...but the wife can't drive stick. My G will be the ugliest G and most unwanted G on the planet. Cloth and AT ... but the wife won't let me buy it unless she can drive it too. Sad but happy. Better with the G than without a G right????

Old 08-01-2003, 12:19 PM

z glover,
think resale value too, harder to sell down the road

03 G35 coupe SS (GD) 6spd everything but navi
02 QX4 pearl white
00 528 Silver on black

Old 08-01-2003, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a new SVX in 1992 for $34,500 with all wheel drive at the age of 22, I had the most unique car some 11 years ago with 18" wheels and midsize sports wing spoiler. Back then I can give any sports car a run for their money "in the rain" ha ha. Yes, the RX-8 is odd looking and it looks like a $30,000 car, but the G-coupe looks like a $70,000-$80,000 "SUPER CAR", well that I was told by two chicks driving right next to me at a stop light. Vrooom Vrooom , instead of zoom,zoom, zoom.

Old 08-01-2003, 11:29 PM

Ah, this post is back from the dead. Imagine a following opportunity:
You are driving on a three lane street, and are pulling up to a light. At the light, on the right lane there is a Crossfire, and in the left lane there is an RX8. You get between the two, and prepare for the green. Damn, I would pay money to make this happen. Can you say the sweet LED's win in style?

Old 08-02-2003, 12:22 AM

I was in a crossfire just the other week. Compared to the G35c, I felt like I was locked in a closet. The interior wasn't roomy, had no backseat, and the rear window was pretty small. The center console was kind of nice, but wasn't that impressive. As for power, I could only guess how a chrysler 200 hp (or is it 215), will compare against 280 of the G35.

Old 08-02-2003, 12:34 AM

Time for the guys with wisdom to chime in, I feel like one of the older guys on this forum
(33) :-)

You see, let me give you a Canadian perspective. As you probably know, we are one of the last countries to get the latest cars in here. By the time the 2002's rolled in, they were already a year old over here. I think we get like 3-5 cars per dealer per season, or something like that.

Anyhow, God bless America right?? I am so glad that my job takes me to different parts of the States, and just last week I wound up in San Luis Obispo in California, never even heard of this place before, but then again, who ever heard of Thunder Bay over here right??

So for the 1st time, I find myself standing in front of 2 dealers, who have the RX-8 and Crossfire in a choice of colors, we would be lucky if we found I demo vehicle per city. So after spending an hour with the great sales people in the US (they loved talking to a Canadian), here are my thoughts of these car. And no need to convince me of anything, I am trading in my limited edition 300 SMZ (anniv edition) for a G35 coupe, but it wasn't an easy decision

CROSSFIRE:
Most of you guys have crucified this car as if it was a garbage can on wheels. When I saw this car in person, my mouth dropped open. I think it's looks is way ahead of it's time, looked more like a 2010 than a 2003. I think this car will turn the most heads for a long time to come. Now as for the rest, sure, horsepower sucks the big one. As for it being American, I thought you guys were patriotic :-) I would imagine build quality is just as reliable as any 1st year production car. Let's give it the benefit of the doubt for now. Interior room is rather small, but hey, it's a 2 seater. I don't think it's suppose to compete against the G35 coupe, but more with the 350z. Would I consider buying it if I wanted to stay with a 2 seater, absolutely, no hesitation at all, but that is because I like looks over horsepower. After all, in a safe daily road environment, I would be able to show off the looks more than the power, but hey, that's just me. If you like ripping up the roads or racing on the track, then this is not the car for you, at least not without mods. Conclusion, very unique looking car with crap power and American build, whatever than means to you.

RX-8:
Again, without blabbing too much, this car gives you the practicality of a 4 seater, with the sportiness to boot. Sure it does not have the power of the G35c, but it does give you a slicker, lower profile than the G, plus an easier way to get to those back seats with those cool doors. It is quite unique looking, but it's a love it or hate it look, sits somewhere in between in terms of turning heads. The RX-8 is definitely more of a direct competitor to the G than the Xfire. What surprised me most about this car is that it has more rear passenger room and trunk space than what it appears to have from the outside. Conclusion, definietly a contender, seems to have a notch more sportiness (looks wise) than the G but also a notch less luxury as well.

G35c:
Like everyone else has said, it has a little of everything. Engine wise, it has the most power, and will probably have the most mods for it since it follows it's 350z cousin for parts. Some friends of mine have argued that the G looks rather simple, almost too coupe'ish, compared to all these wild looking cars coming out this year. I say that probably it's well defined curves, and simple beauty (and luxury) will allow it to outlast all the others.

Final thoughts:
I think the Xfire will definitely be a head turner, but for the sports car purist, it probably won't be the car of choice. It might also see the same faith and limited sales as other cars like the Prowler. It will remain undoubtedly, a conversation piece and something to check out on the road. As for the RX-8, well it has it's religious followers just like the Z. I am part of the Z club in Montreal, and I always respected the other car clubs and their machines. I think the RX-8 will continue the Mazda heritage just like the Z (and now the G) will continue the Nissan heritiage, and therefore the RX-8 will sell strong and drive side by side the 350z and G35c.

These are only my opinions however, but I do hope than 1 day the car dealers in Canada will have the latest cars before the US does, so that we can tell the stories first :-)

Signed,
Your Canadian car enthusiast