G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anybody know anything on this crazy car??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The starting bid is 40k. Seems more than reasonable to me. Sometimes I don't understand you guys. You claim to be enthusiasts but say you wouldn't buy a car like this for 45k? You're not enthusiasts imo. You're people who bought a nice car and come to sites like this to validate your purchase. Maybe you like your car but are not really into cars.
I've been customizing my cars since I was 15. I'm 47 now and have always had a love affair with every car I've owned. I also appreciate so many other cars and what they mean to our society. This guy spent 22k on mods and asking for 45k is too much? I understand market value but that's not for enthusiasts. The milage could be lower but it's not extreme for a near 2 year old car. He definitely needs to stop piling on miles if he wants to get near his price.
I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings for speaking out but again, sometimes I just don't understand you guys and wish there were a better G35 site elsewhere.

Last edited by reggiek; 10-15-2005 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Reggiek- half the fun of modding a car is chosing the parts you want, making something original, and putting your own touch on it. buying someone else's modded car takes all that away from you. We all mod our cars knowing that we wont get any kind of return on investment, that what we spend on mods is money down the toilet- but we do it anyways knowing we wont be able to turn around and sell our cars at anything much higher than average resale value. That is what being an enthusiast is really about.

Old 10-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by brittain
Reggiek- half the fun of modding a car is chosing the parts you want, making something original, and putting your own touch on it. buying someone else's modded car takes all that away from you. We all mod our cars knowing that we wont get any kind of return on investment, that what we spend on mods is money down the toilet- but we do it anyways knowing we wont be able to turn around and sell our cars at anything much higher than average resale value. That is what being an enthusiast is really about.
I agree, whole heartedly. There's nothing like the glow of seeing my modded car every time I walk out first thing in the morning. Knowing no one else's is the same. Really cool. Sometimes people buy already modded cars. If it's an enthusiast who knows what everything cost, why low ball the guy. He put his heart into it. The part that bothers me is knowing you can put the screws to him and doing it. I'd want some of my money I invested in mods. I hoped that one day a fellow enthusiast would take care of my baby if I decide to sell. This guy can get screwed at the dealer. It shouldn't be by a fellow car lover.

Old 10-15-2005, 01:44 PM
► Matt ◄
HRE's are way to expensive... I would take a set of DPE's over those any day, their nice but not nearly $1500 each nice... thats insanity.

And ya, for the money he spent I would of done that car a lot different.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A $40K "buy it now" with a starting bid somewhere around $38K would be more ideal IMO. $45K is not insane, but it if you factor in market value to both the car and the parts (which in this case, even though is has TT kit, everything is pretty much still "off the shelf"), it is right on the border of being on the high side. A clean $40K sounds more in tune with what someone should pay for such a car. My 2 cents...

Old 10-15-2005, 03:19 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! now that's what I call modified with good taste. Kind'a surprised this dude never made it to this board...

Old 10-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
Sweeet looking G, which was nicely done. However, I am not quite feeling that two tone interior.
actually thats the only thing i like about it. Anyone else? and is this an option by infiniti? never seen this. RX

Old 10-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I the only one who thinks that this is a horrible job? It is just too ugly. I would have slapped a top secret wide body kit on it, or would have just done it all Nismo. But, it looks too stripped down. A stock G35c is perfect already, the car does not need to be heavily modified. I would just upgrade minor stuff like an air intake and an exhaust because that twin turbo system is going to kill that engine fast.

Old 10-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
more info about this car can be found at tunerzine.com .i think it is either issue 7 or 8 but its on there.

Old 10-15-2005, 09:13 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ducatiguy
A $40K "buy it now" with a starting bid somewhere around $38K would be more ideal IMO. $45K is not insane, but it if you factor in market value to both the car and the parts (which in this case, even though is has TT kit, everything is pretty much still "off the shelf"), it is right on the border of being on the high side. A clean $40K sounds more in tune with what someone should pay for such a car. My 2 cents...
+1.
I personally think it's a great car and good deal at $40k.
C.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by mrm1sta
what are u tryin to say?
launchin out the hole with boost is bad?
bein very consistant is bad?
less tranny/suspension shock is bad?
i could go on...but it seems like there's no point.
Or.....significantly decreased performance on a road racing track due to:
*fewer gears
*slower gear changes
*decreased ability to control the cars balance in a corner due to driveline slack in the torque convertor
*inability to rev match during downshifts because he can't heal toe
*significantly slower lap times because this is not a sequential manual transmission, but simply a regular automatic slushbox
I could go on but it seems like there's no point....

Old 10-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mrm1sta
what are u tryin to say?
launchin out the hole with boost is bad?
bein very consistant is bad?
less tranny/suspension shock is bad?
i could go on...but it seems like there's no point.

I love this guy!

And i agree with Colin

Old 10-18-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by greggr35
Or.....significantly decreased performance on a road racing track due to:
*fewer gears
*slower gear changes
*decreased ability to control the cars balance in a corner due to driveline slack in the torque convertor
*inability to rev match during downshifts because he can't heal toe
*significantly slower lap times because this is not a sequential manual transmission, but simply a regular automatic slushbox
I could go on but it seems like there's no point....
i agree with u on all those things...BUT for him to bash on a modified car just cuz its automatic is pretty lame. i'm pretty sure most the guys here will never get on a road racin course or ever see/seen one at that. most the reasons u listed really fall under a more "hardcore" race catergory. i was talkin about more of a stop light to stop light stand point.

Old 10-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
definitely a different car but the fun is to modify it yourself.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Originally Posted by techi13
why did they waste all that money on an auto????

hahahaha
EXACTLY!

And what a weak job on the leather!

And all that money under the hood, and no JDM battery cover on the driver's side of the compartment!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anybody know anything on this crazy car??