G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Dash board rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dash board rattle

I have a G35 04 coupe. I have a rattle coming from the mid area to the glove box area. It only rattles on roads that are not perfectly smooth. I have had the car to the dealer twice and they can't seem to correct the problem. Has anybody experienced anything similar?
If so pleae email me lestermf@aol.com Thanks.

Old 11-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Exact same place in my 04 - its been at the dealership for 4 days now trying to fix it...

Old 11-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Please let me know what the dealership comes up with, I have this exact same problem. I want to know how to fix this problem also, although I won't leave it at the dealer for 4 days !

Old 11-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
The tricky thing about these rattles (I've had at least 5 fixed) is that sounds travels...and you are sometimes fooled as to where it is coming from.

Next time you hear the rattle, try grabbing your rear view mirror. I bet dollars to donuts thats it.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:37 AM
My 05 have some rattles and it seems like it's not the rear view mirror. It sounds like its from the rear view mirror though. I'm kinda getting annoyed by this. But if they gonna keep the car for 4 days, I would do that at the end of the year so I don't have to drive the loaner everywhere.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jerdubois
Exact same place in my 04 - its been at the dealership for 4 days now trying to fix it...
Ouch it's going to hurt if they're charging you for that.

Old 11-07-2005, 06:03 AM
If it's not the rearview mirror (easy to fix yourself) than it's most probably the "clock finisher" as Infiniti calls it. Here's the TSB for it and for some other possible dashboard rattles.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB05-053.htm

Old 11-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by madchef
The tricky thing about these rattles (I've had at least 5 fixed) is that sounds travels...and you are sometimes fooled as to where it is coming from.

Next time you hear the rattle, try grabbing your rear view mirror. I bet dollars to donuts thats it.
BINGO! it took me a couple of days to really pin point where that noise was coming from...

Old 11-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I have a squeak/rattle in what sounds like the passenger side dash where it meets the bottom of the windshield. I have an 04 coupe, so it shouldn't be the clock finisher.

Of course when I take it in to the dealership, the noise goes away and they can't find it!

Old 11-09-2005, 09:39 AM
I just had this fixed on Monday...same rattle. I had to have the tech drive around with me in order to figure it out but it was worth it. He added some insulation around the glove compartment area and it took care of it. Turns out that the right side of the dash had a bit of extra play.

Old 11-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
Good to know that others are having a similar issue. Same thing is happening in my '05 6MT. Thanks for the heads up on your solutions. I wish I could take a tech down the road I take to work where the noise happens EVERY time I drive over the railroad tracks!

Old 11-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Hmmm...same issue

I had an 04 G35 sedan and now an 04 coupe...same problem in both. Actually, today I found out that it's not only coming from the dash, but also from the rearview mirror. I've always had a hard time with the dash rattles...never been able to pinpoint. But the rearview is an easy one. Did this fall under the warranty...for those who have had it fixed?

Thanks,

Mike

Old 11-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Anyone have any seat rattles yet? Mine sound like they were coming from the lower passenger dash area but were actually from the seat itself.

Old 11-10-2005, 08:33 PM
i thought i had a bad rattle before i realized it was my sunglasses in the glasses holder... Other than that, the driver side a/c vent made noise for a while, recently it has stopped... I think it just had to settle.... I'm hoping so far that the 05 G35c's are more rattle free than the 03-04

Old 11-10-2005, 10:55 PM
I fixed my passenger dash rattle last weekend in my 04' Coupe, after getting sick of the dealer trips for nothing.

I did a shotgun approach, pulling out the upper and lower gloveboxes, air-bag, and the right front defrost vent. I stuffed every gap I could with fire-retardant seat foam, like for couches.

The most likely culprit was the passenger side sun-sensor which is to the far right of the front windshield defrost vent. It was very loose in the hole. I used black RTV on the backside. Note this can be done without dash disassembly, just pop the vent out, cabin side edge first, and disconnect the plug. Pulling the wire tight from the underside or leaving slack (By you or the service tech), could make this problem come and go.

The second most likely culprit was the smaller air duct that goes to the side window defroster clicking against the dash cross member above the air-bag. I stuffed foam on both sides, padding it into submisson.

Bottom line, my car is again rattle-free. I had to encase the inside of my rear-view in RTV a few months back, but you can't get that kind of love from the dealer. So, I'm happy until the next rattle pops up .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dash board rattle