G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

05 and up 6mt g35s no brembos?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 10-27-2005, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_TX
I might be currently a 05 owner, but I owned both cars and so have others here like Trey. You HAVEN'T! Please stop this non-sense! You really are making yourself look bad man.
I made my point tho. I don't mind looking bad, I got tired of the 03-04 bashing, now some of you are on the defensive... Dang, your tired of hearing it now... Maybe it will stop because all G's are very nice machines. I won't stop talking about the good points of the 03-04 models, some of us must stand up to those who talk so down about em' call the interiors, centra stack & guage cluster etc. cheap etc. The cars are not much different!

Back to the original post; too bad the 05's & 06's didn't come with Brembo's as an option.

Old 10-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Premier Member

I haven't seen any 03-04 bashing. I have seen you bash the living daylights out of the 05 cars for no reason at all.

Old 10-27-2005, 08:43 PM
I haven't seen any 03-04 bashing. I have seen you bash the living daylights out of the 05 cars for no reason at all.
Do some searching, you can find many many posts about how cheap etc. the 03-04 interiors are, how bad the brake dust is, how bad the transmissions are... Come on man, go back and search... And you haven't read anything about me bashing the 05's, I just think I have the better of the years, it's just my opinion. Also, I told of my experience with a friends 05 and how it will not pull on my 04 and a couple of other times i've encountered challenges from 05's; I will not just sit by and say nothing... I've been here for months and used to just read and think about posting, I should go back to that and just see what happens, some of you would be glad, but I'm sure my point is not only mine alone.

Just wait until the 06 owners start grouping the previous models 03-05, you may be wanting to share just how close the cars are at that time... There really is not much difference, but I'm sure there will be those that say they are so superior!

Old 10-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why is there so much G on G hate in this thread. Im cool off Brembos on my 05 since im getting Stoptechs anyway. Not a big fan of the Gold anyways.

Old 10-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by htownboy
Do some searching, you can find many many posts about how cheap etc. the 03-04 interiors are, how bad the brake dust is, how bad the transmissions are... Come on man, go back and search... And you haven't read anything about me bashing the 05's, I just think I have the better of the years, it's just my opinion. Also, I told of my experience with a friends 05 and how it will not pull on my 04 and a couple of other times i've encountered challenges from 05's; I will not just sit by and say nothing... I've been here for months and used to just read and think about posting, I should go back to that and just see what happens, some of you would be glad, but I'm sure my point is not only mine alone.

Just wait until the 06 owners start grouping the previous models 03-05, you may be wanting to share just how close the cars are at that time... There really is not much difference, but I'm sure there will be those that say they are so superior!
And your point? They aren't lies.

1) 03-04 interiors are cheaper. They have hard plastic instead of soft vinyl on the dash and doors in areas. They have painted platic to simulate alum, the 05 has real alum. Dash is made out of a slightly different material. The door handles are rounded, and have real alum as well and so on.

2) 03-04 had bad brake dust, the 05 has none. That was a major complaint on mine and I hated it.

3) I don't have to do a search. I owned both cars and know first hand. Why you think I got a 05? LOL.

PS, you have been bashing, and others pointed that out as well.

Old 10-27-2005, 10:39 PM
There have been a few articles, and I even think SportZ magazine was one. The internals were changed and they made some parts stronger to withstand the extra rev limit.

The exhaust system is completely different from the 03-04. It's pretty obvious. Go sit in a 05 and start it up and listen. You will see what I mean.
cmon what internals and what articles. they were made to add hp and up the rev, but you really think that the VQ in the 03-04 are so flimsy that an add'l 1K rpm and 18hp will blow it up?

about the exhaust, i thought u were driving a coupe all this time you were speaking on the brembos. i couldn't care less for the sedan. but wait a sec, no wonder you don't care for the brembos, you drive a sedan before and now! how can you speak for/against the brembos when it was only offered on the coupes?

Old 10-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by G3NIU5
cmon what internals and what articles. they were made to add hp and up the rev, but you really think that the VQ in the 03-04 are so flimsy that an add'l 1K rpm and 18hp will blow it up?

about the exhaust, i thought u were driving a coupe all this time you were speaking on the brembos. i couldn't care less for the sedan. but wait a sec, no wonder you don't care for the brembos, you drive a sedan before and now! how can you speak for/against the brembos when it was only offered on the coupes?

Well then, maybe we should ask Nissan why they made some parts of the VQ stronger for 05 if it wasn't strong enough to handle the extra power?

If you actually do a search, you will find the articles.

I have driven many coupes, with the Brembo package, and drove my 04 and 05 Sedan back to back. I test drove a 04 Coupe before getting my 05 Sedan one more time with the Brembos and felt no difference in braking. You won't notice a difference at all unless you track the car and then there will be a slight difference. But not enough to justify the costs over getitng better pads, brake lines and fluid on a 05 system to make it out perform a brembo system.

Old 10-28-2005, 01:29 AM
The 05 sedan exhaust is louder not quieter over the 03-04. I had a 04 and you couldn't even hear the exhaust. The 05 you can hear it. It has a nice deep growl to it.
does this look like the sedan forum?

anyways.. i've been reading this forum and it just gets stupider and stupider.. i must admit i contributed to that a little in my drunken state.. hehe but seriously **** this 03/04-05 battle... our cars are the SICKEST and HOTTEST cars on the road for the money, theres no point to bicker about stupid little bull**** changes between the years. how about we all drink to our cars ruling the roads and go pick on some 330s!

Old 10-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR
does this look like the sedan forum?

anyways.. i've been reading this forum and it just gets stupider and stupider.. i must admit i contributed to that a little in my drunken state.. hehe but seriously **** this 03/04-05 battle... our cars are the SICKEST and HOTTEST cars on the road for the money, theres no point to bicker about stupid little bull**** changes between the years. how about we all drink to our cars ruling the roads and go pick on some 330s!
That sounds good, played with a new black Magnum Charger tonight, it was fast, from 60 he pulled away bout a car lengh or so, I caught up and passed after 110ish, but I was starting to wonder for awhile there... I was pretty close for a short time and even though I took it up over 140, he was not far behind.when I let off and he went on by.

It was late so we owned the road, but I know Im gonna' get pulled over one day for those quick freeway runs in the night.

Old 10-28-2005, 04:10 AM
with all this chitchat can anyone tell me if the plenum spacer helps on a 05 5AT?

Old 10-28-2005, 04:29 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Oh goodness, why does this topic come up once every 3 months~

I don't even know why we bother arguing over which on is the better engine or brake. It's so damn obvious the 05+ has a better engine, better interior, better transmission and the 03-04 6MT has better brakes. All else being equal, it's much easier to retrofit a set of Brembos onto a 05 or 06 than to implement all the improvements of the 05+ onto a 03-04.

So the bottom line is this, 05 & 06 owners, you guys are lucky SOBs because you got the 300hp engine, awesome interior, 7" NAV and 19" forged rims. We 03-04 owners should be happy because of Brembos and we've been owning the roads for 2-3 years prior to the 05-06 owners.

The sheer joy of cruising around in a brand new model was worth more than any new improvemengts Infinit can throw on this puppy. I don't care if the 2007 model comes around with a 350hp engine, because the stares I got back in 02-03 was priceless.

btw: Why Brembo brakes? It's not because you'll be able to track your car every weekend or do emergency braking 16 times consecutively safely. Mostly what we do with Brembo brakes is simply staring at it through the spokes and go 'wow~'

Old 10-28-2005, 10:32 AM
I have driven many coupes, with the Brembo package, and drove my 04 and 05 Sedan back to back. I test drove a 04 Coupe before getting my 05 Sedan one more time with the Brembos and felt no difference in braking. You won't notice a difference at all unless you track the car and then there will be a slight difference. But not enough to justify the costs over getitng better pads, brake lines and fluid on a 05 system to make it out perform a brembo system.
just the answer i was expecting. we all have 'lots' of friends with coupes ei? hehe... and as someone had mentioned, why are you arguing about the sedan in the coupe forum? all the while we thought u had a coupe and giving lots of insight on the quality of the brembos as though u had one. shouldn't we be the one to say 'i told you so'?

Old 10-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just the answer i was expecting. we all have 'lots' of friends with coupes ei? hehe... and as someone had mentioned, why are you arguing about the sedan in the coupe forum? all the while we thought u had a coupe and giving lots of insight on the quality of the brembos as though u had one. shouldn't we be the one to say 'i told you so'?
What does it matter if he, or I, have sedans? I could have gotten a coupe. In fact, could have gotten two. I chose the sedan. And you know what? I haven't lost to a coupe at a dragstrip yet. Doesn't that just chap your a$$?

Just realized that someone might call bs on that claim of not losing. I have lost, as far as crossing the finish line, due to lowsy RT's. But my ET's have been better than every coupe I've raced.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
What does it matter if he, or I, have sedans? I could have gotten a coupe. In fact, could have gotten two. I chose the sedan. And you know what? I haven't lost to a coupe at a dragstrip yet. Doesn't that just chap your a$$?
no it doesnt matter. and you missed my point. its just that all the while he was comparing the model years in the coupe forum and speaking about the brembos made me think he had an 03-04 6MT coupe before. which was also the reason i was surprised he said the 05 exhaust was much louder, as he was talking about the sedans and not the coupe.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Premier Member

Because the brakes are the same as the coupe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 05 and up 6mt g35s no brembos?