G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Can Anyone Help!!! (Stupid Cabbage Night Prank)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by picus112
Well someone is going to incur cost one way or the other. It isn't like by getting it repaired under warranty is magically fixes itself with no cost to anyone. Sorry, like I said, I am the wrong person to ask about this.
werd.

It may not be your "fault"... but it's more your responsiblity than the dealership or Infiniti's... right?

If somebody steals my wheels at night, I should look around and just pull some wheels off somebody else's G35... right? Because it's not my "fault" that they stole my wheels. Hopefully, I'll find your car, LjN_728.

Jeezus, people. No wonder this planet sucks so much right now.

Last edited by trebien; 10-31-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by trebien
If somebody steals my wheels at night, I should look around and just pull some wheels off somebody else's G35... right? Because it's not my "fault" that they stole my wheels.

First of all, that's why you have wheel locks and secondly some insurances cover property theft.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:08 PM
This thread is the first time I have heard the phrase "Cabbage Night." We always called in 'Devil's Night.'

Old 10-31-2005, 11:51 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by trebien
werd.

It may not be your "fault"... but it's more your responsiblity than the dealership or Infiniti's... right?

If somebody steals my wheels at night, I should look around and just pull some wheels off somebody else's G35... right? Because it's not my "fault" that they stole my wheels. Hopefully, I'll find your car, LjN_728.

Jeezus, people. No wonder this planet sucks so much right now.

That is not the point. This type of thing shouldn't happen to a 'quality' car. I wasn't the only one who ran over the paint can - a friend also ran over it heading to my house. And their car (Accord) did not start making random noise.

Last edited by Contradicshione; 10-31-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by jgainnm
This thread is the first time I have heard the phrase "Cabbage Night." We always called in 'Devil's Night.'
I don't know where 'Cabbage Night' came from, but that's what we call it in NJ. I remember 'Devil's Night' when I was growing up in CA - that actually makes more sense than cabbage. Or sometimes it is called 'Mischief Night.'

Old 11-01-2005, 03:24 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Contradicshione
I don't know where 'Cabbage Night' came from, but that's what we call it in NJ. I remember 'Devil's Night' when I was growing up in CA - that actually makes more sense than cabbage. Or sometimes it is called 'Mischief Night.'
I've never heard of either one of those things. In fact, I never heard or seen any kids playing pranks the night before Holloween. However, I did buy a cover for my car recently and covered it up (it's parked on the side street in a quiet neighborhood) just in case some kids will get mad at me for giving them the wrong kind of candy. Well, this year I actually bought 5 type of candies: Choclates (many types), Dum-Dum pops, gooey thingies in a box, skittles, etc. Come to think of it, it was more like 10 types and I let them choose what they want, "Pick two pieces from the basket. Yes, I did say two"

Old 11-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Contradicshione
That is not the point. This type of thing shouldn't happen to a 'quality' car. I wasn't the only one who ran over the paint can - a friend also ran over it heading to my house. And their car (Accord) did not start making random noise.
Uhoh - you're travelling down a slipperly slope here. You're mad at the car now because you ran over a paint can, it presumably hit the bottom of the car, and now there is a noise? You're just shifting blame. This is not the cars fault - the guy driving the Accord was lucky and you were not. I still hope they fix your car, but it sounds to me like you're just trying to justify a fraudulent warranty repair. Sorry.

Oh, and here is urban dictionaries definition of cabbage night (which is what we always called it).

A term for the night before Halloween, This night is referred to as mischief night or devils night in many parts of the United States. On Cabbage Night, children who live in rural areas go out into the crops and collect rotten veggies. Then they go to the homes of prominent people in town: wealthy old spinsters that don't give out candy, the town banker who forcloses on family farms, or the guy that runs the general store and throw rotten vegtables at them.

Good ol' urban dictionary.

Last edited by Picus; 11-01-2005 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Deang35c6
When I ran over the dead animal, I could smell BBQ for the next two weeks. I dared lift the car for fear of barfing.
+1 lol

I did that too. I thought the stench would never go away.

Old 11-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Anyone that has seen the movie The Crow should know about Devil's Night .

Old 11-01-2005, 01:08 PM
If you grew up in Detroit, you knew about Devil's Night.