G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bluetooth in the 2006?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth in the 2006?

How is the bluetooth in the 2006? I was in a 2006 Lexus IS350 and I must say that I was impressed with all of the gadgets.....rear view camera, bluetooth, touch screen navi, air conditioned seats, nice gauges....overall very nice!

Old 10-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by motorious1
How is the bluetooth in the 2006? I was in a 2006 Lexus IS350 and I must say that I was impressed with all of the gadgets.....rear view camera, bluetooth, touch screen navi, air conditioned seats, nice gauges....overall very nice!
Not as good as it could have been. There is no text display to show caller ID, signal etc. You cannot access the entire phone book in your phone, but u can store 40 contacts in per phone/ upto 5 phones on the car's memory. Most of the interface is through the VR system. But apparently it works very good as far as having a conversation goes.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the info.....good to know!

Old 10-31-2005, 07:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like a great feature to have. wish infiniti had added all this for the 05s.

Old 10-31-2005, 08:31 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i played around with it before purchasing an '06 sedan. i'm still undecided about whether it would have been better to have the bluetooth integrated with the navi screen or not like it is for the Ms.

i sort of like how it is single purpose and i have to say the voice recognition works really well. i guess the key is keeping your cell phone screen visible if you anticipate receiving calls while driving so you know who is calling.

i think after the initial time to setup all of the entries, it should be a pretty slick system. just want to add that for each of the 40 contacts, you can list 4 or 5 numbers for that person in different categories like home, work, cell, etc.

if your contact's name is john, and you set a work number for him, you just say "dial john work".

Old 11-01-2005, 12:27 AM
IMO its pretty gay... dont like others 2 hear my calls

Old 11-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Then buy a is350

I'm really sick of hearing about that car.

Old 11-01-2005, 03:16 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtrain
Then buy a is350

I'm really sick of hearing about that car.
If the IS350 looks anything like the IS250, the rear looks as though it was chopped off. In other words, it ... well it looks like it wasn't completed. I liked the way it looks on papers, magazines, and commercials, but I saw one in person and then I wasn't impressed. Actually, my friend said it looked like a modified civic in the front. I actually liked the front, but not the rear. I guess you have to see it for yourself and test drive it. I can't comment on the interior but it looked nice from the OUTSIDE looking IN. I was going to wait and get the IS350 but like everyone else commented, it costs a bit more, only comes in 4 doors, and has paddle shifters (Nope, I'm not sold on that feature yet).

Old 11-10-2005, 02:54 PM
I am debating whether to get the premium package in my '06 cuz I want blue tooth, but I will probably be repacing the stock stereo. Will my blue tooth still work with an aftermarket deck installed?

Old 11-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Lexus and Acura did it right with the Navs and gadgets. The G nav in my opinion is worthless, i.e. it does not display radio text/info and sat radio info/text. The M navs is much better.

I personally like the Acura TL's nav. I am currently looking into portable navs and the upcoming new ones will have XM radio built in, as well as MP3 and bluetooth. But the best thing is... our G is so sick looking from the outside!!!!

Old 11-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by absolutg
if your contact's name is john, and you set a work number for him, you just say "dial john work".
Too funny... my cell phone does that now and didn't cost 42K.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by chicagokid
Too funny... my cell phone does that now and didn't cost 42K.
Yeah but I bet your phone doesnt do the 1/4 mile in 14 secs either

Old 11-10-2005, 08:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chicagokid
Lexus and Acura did it right with the Navs and gadgets. The G nav in my opinion is worthless, i.e. it does not display radio text/info and sat radio info/text. The M navs is much better.

I personally like the Acura TL's nav. I am currently looking into portable navs and the upcoming new ones will have XM radio built in, as well as MP3 and bluetooth. But the best thing is... our G is so sick looking from the outside!!!!
My wife has an 05' TL, so I can chime in on this one, becuase I disagree.

The G's Navi is lightyears better than the TL's. The bird's eye view is awesome, because the TL's navi doesn't let you anticipate where you are going. You can zoom it out to do that, but then you can't read the street names on the screen. You can go to turn list, but that's not as nice as the bird's eye view.

To cancel a dest on the G, you hit the cancel button. On the TL, you have to hit the menu button, then hit the onscreen cancel button.

The TL's points of interest is absolutely worthless. 99% of the time when I want to look something up, it isn't in the TL's POI, but it is in the G's.

The touchscreen interface on the TL is horrible. The engineer who wrote the interface should be fired. While nice in concept, it is full of bugs. 99% of the time when I use it, the touch screen locks up while you are entering something in. However, the joystick never locks up, so I end up using that most of the time. When it locks up, the entire nav unit freezes for anywhere from a few seconds to over a minute.

While the G may not show radio/sat information on the Nav, at least it shows RDS information on the radio. The TL's fm radio doesn't even support RDS.

And as for the text screen for caller id.... While nice, that is dependent on your phone. With my phone it shows caller id, but not signal strength. With my wife's original phone, it shows signal strength but not caller id. It will only show caller id for numbers that are in the BT phonebook with my wife's new phone. With my phone, it always shows caller id, regardless who's calling.

The TL's computer also has a bug, where sometimes the thing goes into an infinite loop, locking up the data bus. When that happens, the temperature guage reads "---", all your radio presets disappear, the car forgets which phones it paired with, and the battery will completely discharge within 3 days if the computer is not reset and the car isn't started. So far the only remedy for this, once it happens is to disconnect the battery for a few seconds, and then reconnect it. Simply restarting has no effect.

Last edited by avs007; 11-10-2005 at 08:28 PM.