G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Halloween! FAWK!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was worried sick last night as well...I got lucky though.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:42 AM
I got hit! not with eggs, but it looked like some syrup or dried up coke
poured on the hood and side. I was on my way out to a costume party, when I found it...I was sooo pissed, tore my costume apart, and detailed my car half naked outside for about an hour, and then I kept yelling at the damn neighborhood with all sorts of swears. Luckily it wasn't on for a long time. Kids need to F@#%ing grow up. If I caught them though, they would've been done for....and please don't ask, but let's just say I could get a bunch of guys from CHP (California Highway Patrol...for those in other states) down here with a snap of my fingers. I was about to put a patrol out, but I left anyway for the night.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:43 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, this is the exact reason why I;

1. Bought nearly 10 different kind of candies and let them choose what they want from the basket. You'll be surprise how many kids were like "wow, I get two and I can pick?!"

2. I bought a car cover about a month ago knowing it can happen. I covered my car last night and all is good.

Yeah, it sucks man. I had an SUV (old one) and someone egged it about 1 year ago. It never really came off correctly. I know how it feels man.

Old 11-02-2005, 08:35 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd rub the areas down with some rubbing alcohol mixed with water, about 50/50. Eggs, like bird crap, will etch your paint if left on the surface. Wiping them with a quick detailing spray might remove all the residue, but I wouldn't count on it. The isa:water mix will for sure. After that I'd hit the paint with a good paint cleaner polish like Klasse AIO, then seal it or wax it with your choice of sealant/wax. Eggs are bad news for paint.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:14 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Washed it twice yesterday morning with a power hose for a good 20 minutes of basically just blasting it off - alternating between water and soap. That took care of the visual stains.

Then, last night, washed it again, completely dried it, Clay Barred it, washed again, dried, went over with a liquid cleaner/polisher, and finally sealed it with McGuiers NXT wax (that's the only thing I had on hand).

Hope that will do it.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:21 AM
I think that's the best you can expect to do.

FWIW, and I truly hope this makes a world of difference, but that commuter car of mine that got hit was about two years old without having ever been waxed. I only used water and soap to rinse off the egg remains. Like I said, I only thought it would mess up the paint if it had baked into it under the Sun. Hopefully you'll never see any damage pop up, due to vigilant cleansing.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Speedoholic
Fawking A!

There goes my weekend... traces of 7 eggs, that would take a good 5 hours to clay off...

Thanks for the heads up though!
When you are claying your car do it on the drive way under a tree and have a hidden camera filming what's behind you. Chances are they might be neighbor's kid and they will be pointing and laughing behind your back while you are claying.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:42 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Originally Posted by CarCrazed
When you are claying your car do it on the drive way under a tree and have a hidden camera filming what's behind you. Chances are they might be neighbor's kid and they will be pointing and laughing behind your back while you are claying.
If that's true....

... then it better be untrue for those kids....

Cause if I catch those little *****, only god can help them....

Old 11-02-2005, 02:51 PM
i got egged too, but the weird thing was there was only half of the egg on the car and a really small amount of the gooey stuff. the yolk wasnt even there.? i guess them kids were on a tight budget this year...

Old 11-02-2005, 03:13 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Originally Posted by m@rky
i got egged too, but the weird thing was there was only half of the egg on the car and a really small amount of the gooey stuff. the yolk wasnt even there.? i guess them kids were on a tight budget this year...
You got lucky. Looks like they missed it...

Old 11-02-2005, 03:24 PM
My G didn't get egged, but my gf's IS300 has been egged about 3 times in the last month and my accord got keyed. I know who did it and payback for them is going to suck. I don't want to be obvious so I was thinking about getting some paint laquer and putting in a spray bottle or water gun. Ill just walk past his vehicle and give his car a quick spritz. I figure it wont set off an alarm this way. Someone else suggested I get a can of spray stripper. I know this sounds harsh, but hey they should have never egged my car to begin with.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:40 PM
I got egged, by one egg. It left circular nicks in my paint from the egg shell. I washed it that night, but I don't know if I can ever get the paint to look the same.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by kalikid
Someone else suggested I get a can of spray stripper.
While I love that idea, I shot down many others of my own when trying to decide what sort of retribution I'd dish out. The catch with so many of them was that I didn't want it to be obvious... ...or even extremely likely that it was me. That would only perpetuate the problem into an unending cycle... ...until I was in jail or my property was trashed.

Having it appear to be Karma is not only effective, but it keeps you off the hook. You just have to be big/adult enough to take satisfaction in it without having the satisfaction of them knowing you got your revenge. Gotta be smart... ...or wait for divine inspiration.

The cup of old Dr. Pepper and stale **** came to me out of the blue. Props to St. Peter on that one.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:28 PM
shiet, I got egged too just 30 minutes driving off from the dealer. I just brought it back to dealer to wax it off today but seem like it's starting to spread out like a spider web...I'm so pissed...damn halloween kids

Old 11-02-2005, 07:03 PM
i got my mercedes egged but my G was fine because the prox sensor went off and those stupid kids must of ran away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Halloween! FAWK!