G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35/TSX/MAXIMA/TL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: G35/TSX/MAXIMA/TL

Actually that is kind of their goal with the XLR. They are marketing it towards SL buyers who want Corvette like performance and their target range for that car is 50years old.

Old 07-26-2003, 12:02 AM
G SQUAD

Without reading through what everyone else wrote, here's my opinion. The TL is outdated and the interior sucks, the Maxima is sporty, but a non distinct 4 door, but the interior is cool (nav) and the car really moves. The TSX has the BEST interior of any car on the road (Nav equiped only), but the engine sucks, its as ugly as the civic and about as distinctive after more than 5 minutes and you'll get bored quick. Then there's the G35 - fastest of the bunch by far, best warranty, best appearance, best handling, best SOUNDING ENGINE, its an Infiniti and the interior is nice. (Think plain Jane interior - Max and TSX are nicer.)

Price - Max is too close to the G35 to be a logical choice over the G, the TSX is going to be a boy racer car in no time and at $30k, its no bargain, the TL is on its last leg, but can be found cheap - if you can stand "last year's car."

Throw in the Accord V6 6 speed with Nav and you have the best competition for the G35. (IMO) Best engine/tranny, closest handling, 2 doors, mercedes like exterior, TSX interior and Honda reliability. ($28,500 fully loaded with nav.)

However, nothing touches the G in terms of handling or performance on your list. What's your priority?

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Old 07-26-2003, 12:56 AM

I was in the same position as you. Here were my choices:

TSX: Good value for the money. Excellent interior and NAV all for a low price. Excellent gas mileage. Underpowered. Sleeker than the accord, but it still feels like one.

3.2 TL: Car for older people. Lots of power and classy, but its the end of life until the next year TL comes out. That will be a nice car to have.

G35: I'm young, dont have kids and most likely will need to buy a practical car in the future. I dont need 4 doors either. The car is expensive, but you can get some good deals on 2003's (a little off MSRP), but once you get behind the wheel and drive it to work, you'll be happy you made the choice. Also, not many people have the G35. Even coupes are a good buy.

Good luck with your choice.

Old 07-26-2003, 02:02 AM

First off, I would like to say thanks for everyone's opinion. I neglected to specify the TL I was looking at was the new 2004 concept that comes standard with navigation and 5.1 surround sound, sat, and dvd, along with 19 inch wheels and a few other goodies, Im not really in a hurry, as Im trying to sell my 2002 showtruck with over 16 grand in mods done to it. (not a large market unfortuneately) but the positives to this situation are endless, as I have time to let all the new 2004 models come out and get reviewed as well as time to test drive, etc. I'm looking at numerous cars, and I must say, it's really tough to make my decision. I know this is a g35 forum, but the people here seem really intelligent and friendly, which is something I really haven't come across except in the tsx forum, which has about a third of the members. More opinions and information would be greatly appreciated. Also, does the navigation have an info center like the maxima for appointments, and a calendar and all that?

Old 07-26-2003, 02:42 AM

Man, if the Tl has all that standard, you might want to wait for word on it before pulling the trigger on any of the cars. There are rumors that it may be getting 250-260 to the wheels (I would bet because honda has to underrate their crank HP claim in order to stay below their self-imposed HP restrictions).

There is a fresh round of pictures of the new TL here, and those don't look like 19s to me...more like 17s. But I do like the new interior.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=120262

Old 07-26-2003, 11:37 AM

I must say that the interior design of that “Spied on the Street! 2004 Acura TL” looks sweet, a little better than the G.

But no REAR wheel drive on a 280HP V-6 is not that much fun.

And the rear taillights don’t look good and the front end will be confused for a TSX.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.