G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35/TSX/MAXIMA/TL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35/TSX/MAXIMA/TL

I'm torn between the g35 coupe, sedan, the acura tsx, the nissan maxima, and the acura tl. I love luxury and I want something nice and fast, with a 6 speed stock, nice handling with navigation and prefferable sirius satellite radio. Any advice on the best car out of the ones I mentioned: ie. features one has over another as well as which ones insurance would be reasonable, gas mileage etc. Please help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Allen
BTW, I'm new here

Old 07-24-2003, 11:19 AM
Re: G35/TSX/MAXIMA/TL

Hmmmmmm... posting a question about what car to buy in a G35 forum. I think you can pretty much guess what everyone here is gonna tell you

Old 07-24-2003, 11:26 AM

Lol, yea, I know but I mean I'm considering all the features/options, I'm sure everyone has been in the same or similar boat, I'm leaning towards the g35, but it would be a toss between the sedan and coupe...how bad is insurance?

Old 07-24-2003, 11:37 AM

If you can afford all of those cars...I think it would be resonable to assume you can dump the TSX and the Maxima...which leaves both G35's and the TL. Then you ask yourself if you want a Sports-Luxury car...or a Luxury-Sports car.

Then after you've decided on the G...you just decide...2 or 4... [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
- Homer Simpson

Old 07-24-2003, 11:52 AM

You sound like I did back in Feb '02, that's when I started looking for cars. I was planning on spending ~25K. I started looking at Accords and Camrys but they were too plain and too underpowered. Then I decided on the Maxima. It was roomy, powerful (255 hp), and a decent car. I was waiting for the year end clearance to happen. Then I saw the G35 Sedan and I had to have it. It was so expensive to what I originally wanted to spend.

So I waited and waited and kept putting it off. I was about to buy the sedan when I saw that the coupe was coming out. I had already waited 7 months to buy a car what was another 3. As soon as it came out I was driving it off the lot 3 weeks later (and it was 11K over my original plans). Best decision I ever made though and I've never regretted it a single second.

Here is my humble opinion on the cars you named:

G35C - BUY IT! BUT IT! BUY IT! Best power for your money, best styling for your money.

G35S - An excellent choice as well. Do you want the roomier "grocery getter" or the "chick magnet". Not that it's the only reason. The sedan is nice but the coupe is just way too bad@$$ looking.

TSX - I thought it was only a 200hp engine. That's pretty weak considering how much weight it's pushing. I do like the styling though. If I'm wrong about the engine let me know.

Maxima - Not a huge fan of the new styling or the skyview window. Nice engine though.

Acura TL - Nice engine but mundane styling. Personally a little too old man-ish.

Go with a G and I don't think you'll be dissappointed. Good luck.

Old 07-24-2003, 03:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want others to think you are driving a $80,000 super car, buy the coupe. You will never regret it, you will have style, power and admiration from all the onlookers.

Old 07-24-2003, 05:29 PM

Well obviously I'm biased, but I would say the G - just because you are least likely to wonder "what if" when you see the other cars on the road. Whereas if you get a TL or a Maxima, you're gonna be kicking yourself every time you see a gorgeous G on the road.

Old 07-24-2003, 05:30 PM

have you looked at the new cts? they just came out with a new engine(not the cts-v), more power and it competes directly with the g35 sedan, only problem the stick is not out yet for the new engine + there are like 10 g's worth in options so they can get pricey

Old 07-24-2003, 06:28 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont forget that the TSX and Maxima are FWD. Not too sporty in my opinon. But Obviously I am biased so get what ever you want. Test drive them all. Then get the G coupe cause you'll have the most fun in it.

Old 07-24-2003, 06:35 PM

The front-wheel drive vs. rear-wheel drive is a huge selling point for the G vs. the Acuras and Maxima.

As far as that last post regarding Cadillac - only if you are older than 65. And a stick in a Cadillac? Which GM clone did they rip it off from?

G35 6MT/DG/Fully Loaded

Old 07-24-2003, 06:38 PM

"mmmmmm... posting a question about what car to buy in a G35 forum. I think you can pretty much guess what everyone here is gonna tell you "

lol so I guess that summons my answer... Get the G.... I did.. Never regreted it...

If you want a sports car out of THAT BUNCH get the G35... At least we are RWD.

As for Logical's comment...

BLING BLING ;-)

Throw some 20's (hell even the 18's look sexy) and then you ballin baby.

G35 Mafia Member # 01

Old 07-24-2003, 06:42 PM

I dont think the TL is offered in a 6SPD. I believe they (the 3.2 and the type S) are all automatics (according to carpoint.com). Please correct me if I'm wrong but I just bought a new 3.2TL and it's a 5SPD auto. In any case, I think you picked a pretty bias forum to ask the question. If it was up to me, I say get the G35 Coupe as it's a kick-*** ride but its very sporty when compared to the TL. These two cars shouldn't be compared in my opinion as one is mainly oriented towards luxury while the G is more sport oriented. I can say this for sure as I now own both. The TL is a great value now as the upcoming 2004 revision is bringing the prices down (I got mine for ~28K with 100k warranty including tax/etc. with a 2.9% APR). However, the choice is ultimately up to you, I say go test drive all of them and choose the one YOU want.

Old 07-24-2003, 07:46 PM

I would say skip the Acura's. If you like a nice sedan that is fast and roomy and smooth then go for the G35 or Max and that depends on what you want. You want a fwd sports car with a 4 seat option then the Max if you want a rwd sports car with handleing the the G35. Both are fast solid cars. I dont like the Max's styling much but I do like the option of having heated seats in the back. If you want a coupe then get the G35 coupe.

Old 07-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Test drove the new Max. Feels slower and less responsive than the G. Also way too much torque steer! Solid feeling and quiet however.

Drove the TL-S last year, okay, but boring styling.

The Manual tranny'd TSX. Actually a LOT of fun! Sporty and tossable. Engine feels more than 200 HP. Well balanced handling. Minimal torque steer. Looks good with the body kit available, otherwise a bit boring. My son really liked it. Told my brother, and he ended up buying a new TSX the next week. He hadn't been planning on a new car.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 07-24-2003, 10:10 PM

Regarding these choices, its G35. Just choose 2 or 4 doors.

Regarding the Caddy question, please. People check your facts. If you still think Caddies are for white-haired old ladies do some research. The CTS is the one that competes with the G sedan. I hate the styling, but mechanically its nice and both the stick and auto are nice Getrag units. It will be even better in 04 when you can get the 3.2 engine with the stick. Now, later this year when the Caddy CSV Spec V comes out, don't even try and race grandma!

Oh, and I guess grandma is the only one who would buy a XLR.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.