G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

lane straddle wtf?? the police hate us

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2005 | 04:07 PM
6K RPMs?

How do you accidentally kick it up that high?

If there are cops standing in the road near you, try to keep your revs below 3300... our cars make a lot of noise as is, and there's nothing to gain from drawing the extra attention of police to you as you drive by by taching your car up high... particularly in the rain.

I'm not saying you deserve the ticket, but you should use a little more common sense in those situations in the future.

The police work out on the roadways all day.. standing in and near moving traffic. I'm sure they don't take too keenly to people making gestures of speed near them when they are in a vulnerable situation such as that. We've all seen the videos online of police cruisers and officers getting tagged by careless drivers.... so it's understandable how officers would by hypersensitive to such activity.

Last edited by partyman66; 11-10-2005 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-10-2005 | 04:44 PM
FGC General Member
Its really weird.....i pretty much read these forums every day and for some eason today everyone has stories about being pulled over.....scary part is i got pulled over this morning by a motorcycle cop.....my father is an officer in a nearby county luckly...the guy pulls me over and says i was speeding....i asked him how fast i was going and he said he didnt have a radar gun....i laughed....so he asks the usual question....license, and registration....i give it to him and he comes back asking for my insurance card....which had just expired 2 weeks ago...so he knows my dad is a cop and still writes me a 7.50$ no proof of insurance ticket..... wat a joke

Old 11-10-2005 | 04:48 PM
DUDE i got the same EXACT ticket but in Los Angeles. I got screwed by this a-hole who gave me on for lane straddling, modified exhaust, AND i turned right on a red light so he put running a red light...$500 ticket good luck

Old 11-10-2005 | 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
6K RPMs?
...you should use a little more common sense in those situations in the future.

+1

You either have ZERO throttle control or you were just goading the police by nearly redlining your engine as you passed. Are you really surprised by the reaction you got?

"Oops, I nearly redlined my car while trying to accelerate 5 MPH"

hahaha, you make me laugh!

Old 11-10-2005 | 07:32 PM
|
haha some of u guys on this forum are pretty dumb. understand the situation before u start talking trash.

or half u dont even have g's.
first of all my vdc was on.

the roads were wet...meaning tires slip easy. meaning when i barely tapped the pedal my cars rpm jumped from like 2000 to 4000. even though it was 5mph increase, it was enough to get their attention due to the exhaust.

i didnt do anything, i didnt speed, i didnt lane straddle.

the cop was some like 20 yr old kid and im sure he wanted to go back and brag to his other friends about it.

hahaha so yeah before u start criticizing know the situation.

bottom line: cops not gonna show up.

Old 11-10-2005 | 07:59 PM
Talking

heheheh The exhust tone probly got there attention and miss understod you
No worry thats a easy ticket to get away with.
(Wet roads hard to see road lines)

At list he didn't put the b.s. that u where recless driving on a
unsafe road condition.

Old 11-10-2005 | 08:02 PM
...good luck man...
i got lucky couple times recently but i know that someday i will get pulled over for a ****

Old 11-10-2005 | 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by j12baller
COPS HATE US GDRIVERS.

Im crusin on 40 road..doin 40..

three cop cars pull over a car and have their lights on and ****. theyre all out of the car. the roads are pretty wet, so i slow down. to 35. as i speed back up to 40..my rpm kicks too high to like 6...(u know how it just kinda kicks when u put ur floor on the pedal) and my car kinda slips
We're just going by what you said initially.... which was 6K RPM's.

haha some of u guys on this forum are pretty dumb. understand the situation before u start talking trash.

or half u dont even have g's.
first of all my vdc was on.

the roads were wet...meaning tires slip easy. meaning when i barely tapped the pedal my cars rpm jumped from like 2000 to 4000. even though it was 5mph increase, it was enough to get their attention due to the exhaust.
So which was it? 4K or 6K?

If your VDC was on and functional, your car would not "accidentally slip" from 2000 to 6000 RPM's.

Reread what you post before you accuse us of talking trash.

Dahahah.... I'm just messin with you man...

But seriously, we all own G's here, and everyone knows it's not possible to accidentally slip your RPM's that much with the VDC on.. particularly since at 35 MPH you're going to be in a gear that's a lot higher than 1rst gear(most likely 4th gear if your RPM's were at 2K at 35 MPH).

Last edited by partyman66; 11-10-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2005 | 09:57 PM
so you did it for about 4.3 seconds??? It takes that long just to change lanes!

at 40mph = 211200fph
3520fpm
about 58.6fps

250ft/58.6ft = about 4.3seconds

^ does that sound right?

Old 11-11-2005 | 10:28 PM
Rated M
Premier Member
COPS HATE US GDRIVERS.

Im crusin on 40 road..doin 40..

three cop cars pull over a car and have their lights on and ****. theyre all out of the car. the roads are pretty wet, so i slow down. to 35. as i speed back up to 40..my rpm kicks too high to like 6...(u know how it just kinda kicks when u put ur floor on the pedal) and my car kinda slips. so im driving down...next thing i know i look in my rear view and i already see one of the cop cars with his lights chasing me. wtf...he pulls me over.

yeah u werent speeding, but im gonna write you a ticket for lane straddling.

wtf is lane straddling? he says...oh you were driving in the middle of the road. dude im not that dumb to drive in the middle of the road when there are 3 cop cars next to me.

he says i was doing it for 250 ft...

neway i need some feedback...any of u guys got a ticket for lane straddling and if so how much?

i live in ORANGE COUNTY, CA.

SEE YA.
With the shananigans you pulled it sounds like he wanted to get your for something. Lane stradding sounds pretty unusual but maybe during the time your car "slipped" you were actually a little sideways in the other lane.

If you're not stupid enough to drive in the middle of the road then what were you doing at 6000 rpm with the pedal to the floor on a wet road with the police behind or beside you?

Old 11-12-2005 | 04:50 AM
|
haha dude...no. it was like 4000 rpm. it was a typo. maybe even 3500. cop was just a gay 20yr old kid. he just kept repeating whatever he memorized in school. he didnt even ask for my insurance and registration. he was that excited. i will own him in court.

Old 11-12-2005 | 09:42 AM
here's my .02 cents worth, everyone knows that all these traffic violation tickets are just revenew generating tools for the local counties, you can see it if you ever go down to your county court house, they have it setup like an assembly line, all to do nothing more than seperate you from your money.
I especially think that speeding is totally bull**** ticket, I've been passed by minivans trying to keep my speed down, they get away with it all the time, but as soon as I punch it a little I see the blue lights in the mirror cause they are not looking for them even though the G can handle those speeds better than a top heavy SUV or minivan.
I think one of the problems is the vehicles capabilities have increased but the speed limits still havn't changed all that much in the past 10 years.

Old 11-12-2005 | 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Tonys-G
I think one of the problems is the vehicles capabilities have increased but the speed limits still havn't changed all that much in the past 10 years.
It's not about the vehicles ability to handle speed, it's about the drivers ability to handle speed and the ability of the drivers around you... and we also have to factor in the unpredictable things that could occur(A wild animal jumps out into the road, or a TV or Sofa falls off of a pickup truck into the highway).

Old 11-13-2005 | 01:48 AM
Tell him the only thing you "straddled" was his wife.

Old 11-13-2005 | 02:52 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
just drive who cares.. just dont do it when someone with higher legal authority then you is watching

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.