G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

need help, someone hit me in the parking lot!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finally finish

well, i finished the touch-up, spent7 hrs, did it again and again. I do not know how good is the touch up is suppose to be, but this is the best i can do for myself...Or is it? Please comment.

Attached Thumbnails need help, someone hit me in the parking lot!-dsc01230.jpg   need help, someone hit me in the parking lot!-dsc01231.jpg  
Old 11-14-2005, 08:01 PM
G'z 6MT
If budget is an issue, def use touch up for know and when you can fix the whole area.... Blend, Blend , Blend.

We had a similar damage on our previous Lincoln LS and a few month later... Again some back into the back bumper.. So wait and jus touch up (Crossing Fingers)

Old 11-14-2005, 08:03 PM
Alumni****
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
See I told you rubbing it off would help...that small of a scratch, OEM touch up will work charms, you wont notice it...TURST ME. You may, but thats because ONLY YOU know about it. Others wont even notice. Touch it up, then wash and wax your bumper (might as well do whole car). When you buff it, it will rub in with the rest of the color.

A trick that I usually do is after 3 days when the touch up dries, I will use Meguiars scratch X on the touch up...what this does is dull the "new paint" shine or "gloss effect" the touch up left and make it a bit duller to blend in with the rest of the sun exposed bumper. Dont leave the scratch X on there for more than 1 minute. Then wash and wax, and your good to go.
i completely agree.. the OEM touch up works charms.. well, if you do it right.. you can still botch it up, but if you do a decent enough job it blends in pretty well.. i have IP as well, and have done tons of touch up on the front and rear bumper.. not noticeable by most people and even myself from far away.. only you'll notice it because you know it's there..

from the picture, it looks like you did a good job.. it's barely noticeable if you take a quick glance..

Old 11-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by kenempireex
well, i finished the touch-up, spent7 hrs, did it again and again. I do not know how good is the touch up is suppose to be, but this is the best i can do for myself...Or is it? Please comment.
not bad at all. why does the 2nd pic look better than the first?

i had to look for the spots that were dinged before i could realize that it was touched up. maybe take it to a detailer and make it look even better?

Old 11-15-2005, 02:28 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I bought a bottle of the OEM touch up paint and noticed (just like on Grubbs), that only the Ivory Pearl requires touch-up paint AND top coat whereas other colors only require the touch-up paint. Is it because the IP is a softer paint? Just wondering. Over the weekend, my car got egged and I got everything off (I did Mother's Reflections base and then their Top Coat) and so all the egg was easily washed off. However, the damn egg left half a dozen or so nicks in the paint. So, I was planning on doing the whole routine with touch-up, Lanka, and if it is a bit dull (although I heard the OEM doesn't require top-coat except the Ivory Pearl) use a top coat from an auto store. I'll post some pictures on the before and after.

Last edited by mephistomyhero; 11-15-2005 at 02:33 AM.