Who runs nitrous?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BaaaHAHA! The Tornado strikes again!

Old 12-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really, it depends on what the nitrous harms in the motor.. There is a procedure to find out if nitrous was used. They run a fluid through the motor to retain deposits that nitrous leaves when used. The procedure costs the dealership some MAJOR $$$. So alot of times it is just a bluff, when they say i can find out if you "sprayed it".. \
The majority of the time it is easy to tell if someone has had nitrous installed, due to the mounting of the bottle, and holes in the car to run all the lines..
Just speaking from personal experience at Honda of Pensacola....

Old 12-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by clinty
You guys are psychos?!

A safer way to get more power is to supercharge it with our forum's sponsor's products. You get up to 35 HP, a lifetime warranty and costs only 69.95.

baaahahahahahaahaaaaaaaaa

Old 12-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
ooppsss i missed this whole thread, if you have any questions about nitrous, i had an 04 sedan 5AT with 100 shot, running 110 mph 1/4 mile, spinning all the way, 13.00s all day, Quadcam and i have the same setup pretty much, just traded my G in for a 03 Z so its time to put it on there

ask either of us with any real questions and we will be sure to help ya as much as we can

Old 12-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
seriously, have some of you been watching too much CSI??? Nitrous residue...... nitrogen and oxygen and a few ppm (parts per MILLION) of sulfur. Where i the residue coming from? Maybe they could swap your cylinder head and check for nitrous DNA !!! and from there, they can cross reference the DNA found with the criminal records of those devious nitrous retailers. Eventually, the nitrous trail of bread crumbs will lead back to you....and Wammo!!! you're screwed!!!

sorry...I couldn't resist.

anyway, reagarding fuel puddling in the intake manifold.....I haven't seen it. Think about it. The fuel is being atomized at the tip of the nozzle while simulatneously, liquid nitrous oxide (at over 1000 psi) is changing states to a gas directly aimed at intersecting the atomized fuel. Needlesss to say, play with it yourself. Shoot it into the atmosphere and check it out. the nitrous/fuel mixture flies through that manifold so fast in its cloudlike state, puddling isn't a problem.

No matter what, nitrous has a bad reputation and it is hard to explain to people. the best explanation is to demo it to people.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
anyway, reagarding fuel puddling in the intake manifold.....I haven't seen it. Think about it. The fuel is being atomized at the tip of the nozzle while simulatneously, liquid nitrous oxide (at over 1000 psi) is changing states to a gas directly aimed at intersecting the atomized fuel. Needlesss to say, play with it yourself. Shoot it into the atmosphere and check it out. the nitrous/fuel mixture flies through that manifold so fast in its cloudlike state, puddling isn't a problem.
Its good to hear that these motors don't have a problem with the fuel puddling in the manifold on that amount of nitrous.. Before life with my G, i was a honda guy, and i have personally had a problem with nitrous/fuel puddling in the manifold. But the direct reaction to this is a nasty BACKFIRE... therefore to hear you guys running 100+ on these motors is awesome news to me..=== nitrous soon to be on my G... That is my way to run 12's....

Old 12-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
nitrous has a bad name because people misuse it, if you are worried about blowing up your motor then get a nitrous controller and take all the human error out of it....

when you hit that button it makes your car pull almost twice as hard as full throttle, all at the click of a button....

cant wait to get it on my Z, next week, of course i have only had my Z one day now, already got my test pipes, plenum spacer, and K n N off my G hehehe

Old 12-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Did you get the 6mt this time? And do you plan on putting a different clutch for the 100 shot?

Old 12-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Dont Do It

Take it from me.. Nitrous blew my engine about 4 months ago..
I was runnning the zex kit with a 100 shot.
Anyhow, I think the cylonoids(?) failed and nitrous got into the
engine at low RPM thus I had detonation..
Fast forward to the dealership now. I had the shop that installed it take everything off the car and basically leave the car stock... By the way, their response was basically that there is a chance that this happens and good luck. When I was at the shop there was a corvette with a blown engine also.
Anyways, I took the car to the dealership and after about a week they told me that they suspected me of using NOS; of course I denied using it etc etc.
They then told me that it looks like I had a bottle mounted in the rear (they saw the holes) and they found the place were my switches were at, even though we them out.. So the dealership told me that in order to get a new engine under warrranty they would have to do a complete teardown of the engine and if they find evidence of nitrous I would have to pay 2000 for the teardown and I would not get a new engine...
The trills and fun is not worth the risk in my opinion.
I had to buy a used engine (3500) and pay for installation.
anyways, its up to you guys if you want to run NOS..
I just wanted to share my story. I'm sure there are some guys that have had their nitrous for a while with no problem, but it just takes one time for it to all go bad..

Old 12-02-2005, 12:13 AM
never said puddling is a common issue. that could definitely happen if not installed properly.
i was just referring to fuel being sent through the intake. you can't convince me this was designed this way.

but if your curious, after a good amount of spray, take off your plenum, and swipe it with your finger. you will most likely feel a slimy residue that wasn't there about 20 sprays ago.

not saying there is something wrong, it's just enough to give me pause... before i get a kit for myself.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:14 AM
tgalvez - what did zex say when you told them this?

Old 12-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
the safe way is to run dual nitrous solenoids, the odds of two failing are about 1000000 to 1. that way you are safe.

this does happen and will blow your engine for sure, i used to install hydraulics on peoples cars and believe me solenoids will mess up.

yes i got a 6MT and planning on seeing what the stock clutch will do. i will upgrade the clutch soon though, next month or two. i have slicks here so i dont know how much the stock clutch can handle all of that plus nitrous..

Old 12-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanx for the info, has anyone had any problems with the stock clutch and a 100shot..

Old 12-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by jasperg35
tgalvez - what did zex say when you told them this?
ZEX said that if used correctly their product is safe.
Basically they said that it was our mistake..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who runs nitrous?