Old 11-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Project.. decent budget.. help!!!

hey all
so I've given in to wanting to mod the G
now
for the story:

as some of u know, my sister rear-ended my precious

so I started looking for bodykits and some of my friends referred me to a guy who does custom jobs
so I went to see him with the idea of having a Kenstyle back and GReddy front reproduced with some other stuff

I got quoted 3,000$US for front, rear, side skirts paint and installation of a fiber glass body kit that will be done VERY well (I saw his work.. VERY clean)
and I decided to look online @ prices (original pieces) and it came up to slightly more than that

so on my way home I figured, I dont want to spend 3,000$ on stupid asthetics and have nothing under the hood cuz I become a ricer

so long story short:
if u had my budget (give or take 1,000$) to put on engine
what would you get as parts for max performance
I dont care about how much gas it guzzles afterwards, and I am not looking for imrpoved MPG
no hold bars
I'm willing to go FI or NA as long as it is within my budget and the outcome is good

Old 11-28-2005, 11:22 AM
THE BATMOBILE
with $1000 you cant go FI. So you would have to go with exhaust, high flow cats, headers, plenum. Might be over 1000.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:27 AM
my budget is 3,000 give or take 1,000...
I'm not going to penny pinch if it comes up to 3,500$ but it's worth it

oh and name brands would be pretty appreciated

I was thinking of starting off with an Injen CAI

Old 11-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would buck up the extra $$$ and go for the Vortech. You will be disappointed by the performance vs. cost of the N/A mods for these cars.

If the Vortech is too much, you can spend about $1500 for EVERYTHING and have a kick-a$$, safe, adjustable nitrous system. (NX wet kit, NX Maximizer, bottle heater, remote valve, purge)

Good luck on your project.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:02 PM
my dealership is offering me a Stillen Supercharger with hood, installation, boosted to 400~450HP, new brakes, and calibrating the whole thing and shipping for 10,000$
and I keep my warranty....

they are also looking into a turbocharger system for the same price that might be able to output 500~600HP if boosted "insanely" (to quote my sales rep)
but I gotta wait for january minimum for either one

kind of out of my budget

tho the keeping my warranty is VERY tempting.. what do u guys think?

I personally really wanted turbos for the BOV sound (I know, I'm such a rice *****)

also, I want to stay away from Nitrous... I'm very paranoid of it blowing up or something lol

Old 11-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Don't drink and Mag Race
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can blow up your motor n/a....it's all about the tuning.

The warranty is nice, until it needs to be invoked 450hp is VERY high for a Stillen. You generally won't see more than about 320 to the wheels.

A Turbonetics single turbo can crank out 360-380 to the wheels for about the same $$ as the Stillen- without the hood. (on 7-8 psi)

As far as nitrous "blowing something up", it is known as a comburant. It cannot burn by itself; it requires a fuel to burn.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:21 PM
The warranty is nice, until it needs to be invoked
naaah
I'm very good friends with them
and I have a friend who did the Stillen thing to his 350Z
that thing is a rocket
I've seen him take out Carreras like they were nothing
he blows past me as if I was an 89 civic

the guy doing the tunning is the owner of all the branches in the country (friend of mine) and he used to be a rally mechanic (winning one might I add lol)

but 10,000$USD is a lot
and most FI are 6,000 minimum (almost double my budget) so if I'm gonna go for that, I'll go for what my dealership is offering since it's tried tested and witnessed

Old 11-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fijbert
...so on my way home I figured, I dont want to spend 3,000$ on stupid asthetics and have nothing under the hood cuz I become a ricer...

If you plan to do cosmetics and performance, remind yourself that you have to start somwhere. One route will likely preceed the other, so why not individualize your ride first?

After dumping $7K into performance mods alone on a previous car, I can say that I'm enjoying doing a little cosmetics before my minor mechanical tinkering on the G. Sure, the GSX would (and still does) stomp way more *** than the RWD G will ever be capable of, but I had to do just that for people to understand it wasn't stock.

While I have headers, y-pipe, intake, etc. waiting to install and will order the MREV soon, I still get a ton of looks with just the NISMO front and DS rear spoiler! Better yet, I'm happy as can be everytime I see my car.

My G's stock power is enough to justify the looks. More power will come for me, but I'm looking so fine right now that I'd almost rather get wheels/tires on before I have the other stuff installed.

I used to be all about performance and didn't do anything purely cosmetic, so I understand... ...I couldn't justify $3K on a kit... ...but I did find a nice compromise between performance/cosmetics that will leave me with a slightly modified, well-rounded ride.

Last edited by GT-Ron; 11-28-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Why is it rice to have a nice cosmetically done ride with no engine mods?

Never heard that one before.

Old 11-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Save yourself the time of all the pointless mods and go with a nitrous express setup. You can have a COMPLETE setup for around 1500 INCLUDING SLICKS. You'll pull better times than a supercharged or turbocharged G. It should take less than 5 hours to do the whole thing and a breeze to take out. IMO your wasting money on headers and the plentium BS. Your already up at around the same price and the hp/dollar comparison is not even funny. You can SAFLY add over 100HP and 150 TQ. Add a high flow fuel pump/rail and you can double those numbers.

BTW kits on a G look fugly. Just put some nice rims on it with the stocker spoiler and you should be set. then you'll also have the remainder of the moeny that you didnt waste on a silly kit and go with the nitrous express, which now you look good, and the Z06 guys will be very angry with you

my 2 cents

Last edited by evileagle; 11-28-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Got any peformance numbers eagle? Did a search on the forum but nothing came up.

Old 11-28-2005, 04:06 PM
havnt done a dyno yet but i should be around the 400hp mark and around the 475tq mark. I pull on my buddies 03 ZO6 . Its stock, but its still a Z06. Ill get some vids soon enough for those doubters.

Old 11-28-2005, 05:44 PM
i would go FI or not really bother at all... unless you have a specific objective that is.

going NA is nice if you want to improve the feel of the car.. rev quicker, sound nicer, etc.. but if you really want numbers, you probably wont be satisfied without going FI. don't get me wrong, you might- if you're very fortunate- be able to get to 270whp N/A, which would be M3 territory, but for the same amount of money you could have gone FI.

if it were me, i'd save the money.

Old 11-28-2005, 06:17 PM
simply put
cosmetics are totally worthless
there are 15 Gs sold in Lebanon... and 3 are red including mine...
so what am I really setting myself a part from?
I'm not a big fan of Nitrous, and finding refills is hardcore
I have to import it from Cyprus..

I'm keeping this car until the GT-R comes out
once that is out, I am going to look at my options of cars to choose:

GT-R: money allowing it.. this is my baby
Cayman S: money not allowing me to get a GT-R.. I'll settle for this
Lotus Elise/Exige: if I dont like the Cayman, or if they become ridiculously over sold
911 Turbo: money allowing it and the GT-R fails to meet it's hype

I technically have the resources to boost my G to whatever ridiculous number I want
but killing/hanging with M3s will keep me satisfied

that's what I want out of this car... nothing more..
this car is with me for the next 3 years
and in this country, you rarely come accross anything faster than an M3 that will actually risk it
lots of lambos/ferraris, but they will never put the pedal to the metal cuz they fear for their cars
and I have no interest in such people

so in short
I want to hang/kill M3s

Old 11-28-2005, 06:59 PM
$1000 will get you exhaust, plenum and an intake (maybe). I'd get the motordyne plenum/spacer and pocket the rest if you have an 05.

And when you say give or take $1,000, that's a big difference man.

Last edited by Gee Im Fast; 11-28-2005 at 07:03 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project.. decent budget.. help!!!