G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help, do you think it's totaled? :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friend had a similar accident here in WA (stopped at light, rearended and then hit the car in front.) The car that did the hitting (3rd car) was responsible for all damage.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:42 PM
dang...didnt know that brembo was that good!
yeah, you should keep the brembo or sell them...
thats what happened to me too!
i was stopped and 2 cars hit me from behind...it was minor accident but anyways...good luck

Old 11-29-2005, 11:09 PM
good thing your gf wasnt going down on you.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow for sure

Old 11-29-2005, 11:57 PM
Wow that looks Really Bad Good Luck and Glad you ok

Old 11-30-2005, 12:05 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by andychan
You will be responsible for damages sustained by the vehicle you hit in the front even though the vehicle from behind caused the initial accident. You followed too closely. The parties who rear ended you will pay for your damages and so on.
Totally not true!

Old 11-30-2005, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by andychan
You will be responsible for damages sustained by the vehicle you hit in the front even though the vehicle from behind caused the initial accident. You followed too closely. The parties who rear ended you will pay for your damages and so on.
Thats not true, i actually spoke to a officer at the time when my G was rear-ended. he said if someone rear-ends you from behind and the force he hits you with hits the car in front of you then the person who rear-ended you pays for BOTH cars. HOWEVER if you hit the car in front of you a second time then you pay for the damage. the person who rear-ends you only pays for the first hit, the rest is you. lol

Old 11-30-2005, 02:15 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
lol jon.. but yeah if a (1st) person hits a car and the force of impact causes the (2nd) car infront to hit a 3rd car then it is the original cause (1st person's) fault. It was a rainy day and my friend locked his wheels causing his car to hit a civic that hit a BMW 3series. He was 100% at fault.

as for the air bags.. yes they will deploy reguardless of speed as long as the sensors are triggered and the computer feels that it is necessary. Now for those of you thats saying the air bags should've deployed... rhodesbr and his gf were fine the impact wasnt great enough for them to need air bags. the only reason i can think of a air bag deploying when it isnt necessary is if you hit a curb head on at like 60mph you'll set off the air bags.. maybe necessary but seatbelts should save you..

good thing u were in the G.. if it was another car it maybe alot worst.. best of luck to you and your gf and hopefully you'll get this settled real soon and join us with maybe an 06? some how the car does look repairable =\

Old 11-30-2005, 04:23 AM
good that your ok man but judgin by the pics i would hope it's totaled out. lol I'm quite sure it is anyway so don't worry it's gone..

Old 11-30-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by mrjonang
Thats not true, i actually spoke to a officer at the time when my G was rear-ended. he said if someone rear-ends you from behind and the force he hits you with hits the car in front of you then the person who rear-ended you pays for BOTH cars. HOWEVER if you hit the car in front of you a second time then you pay for the damage. the person who rear-ends you only pays for the first hit, the rest is you. lol
You are liable for any damages that your car causes regardless of the circumstances, i.e., being hit from behind. So your Insurance Company would pay for the damages caused by your car, and they in turn would get compensated from the Insurance Company of the driver that hit into you. So both the cop and andychan are right.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:38 AM
It looks pretty bad; I'd say you have a good chance of the car being "totalled". The reason is it looks like the damage has gone beyond the outside cosmetics; looks like frame and mechanical damage as well. I am glad you both are OK, the G is amazingly safe. Very sorry about your car.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:45 AM
I was rear-ended in Canoga Park by a Mercedes that ran. Pushed me into the car infront that was also stopped at the light. Both our insurance companies said we were responsible for our own repairs. Neither company would budge even with identical descriptions of the Mercedes and it's plate provided by both of us.

Old 11-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by 94gxe
I was rear-ended in Canoga Park by a Mercedes that ran. Pushed me into the car infront that was also stopped at the light. Both our insurance companies said we were responsible for our own repairs. Neither company would budge even with identical descriptions of the Mercedes and it's plate provided by both of us.
That's insane!! Did your premiums go up? That's one thing I'm really worried about...

Old 11-30-2005, 06:11 PM
G'z 6MT
Dang Dawg, Sorry to see that much tramma to a Sweet G, She might be a gonner, It depends on the costs considering the airbags didn't deploy.... Strange

Old 11-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Ouch!
Glad everyone is OK...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help, do you think it's totaled? :(