G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help, do you think it's totaled? :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hrmm, i dont see the airbag deployed. with an accident like this, shouldnt' the airbag deploy?

Old 11-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident, but before they total it, make sure you take those brembos off! , It seems as if they didnt receive any damage

Old 11-29-2005, 05:37 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Glad you are OK bro, damage looks extensive, they will total it for sure. The car is 2 yrs old anyway (its 2006 now)

UFGatorG35... the G35 is not a small car, its a midsize... and it has side-curtain airbags to protect you from huge SUV's that have bumpers that are as high as our windows.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Hopefully you don't get any fault from this accident too.

Someone told me that if you get rear ended and pushed into a car in front of you, you could be at fault for hitting the car in front of you.

It sounds rediculous... and I don't know if it's true or not.. but I would hope it isn't.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:02 PM
that's totaled no doubt about it.....sorry for your loss..good to hear you are okay!

Old 11-29-2005, 06:11 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow crazy accident. glad to hear you and your gf are ok. i'm curious about the airbags too, you'd think they would deploy in any collision detection, regardless of whether you have the throttle engaged.

i hope they total it so you can start over. keep the thread updated and let us know. i live in norcal too and i hate driving up the 5 because of unattentive drivers. i've had to run onto the shoulders a few times because of sudden stops or because i see the people behind me not coming to a stop when i get jammed up.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66

Someone told me that if you get rear ended and pushed into a car in front of you, you could be at fault for hitting the car in front of you.

It sounds rediculous... and I don't know if it's true or not.. but I would hope it isn't.

Shouldn't be. In my accident I got rear-ended and pushed into the car in front, and the girl that hit me was responsible for everything. Not sure if that's only because a DUI was involved though. Chances are something happened up ahead of him and that guy might be really screwed. Either that or everyone takes care of their own car. Heck, I dunno, I'm just talking out of my butt at this point...

Old 11-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow! Pleased to read that you and your girlfriend came out of that ordeal without any injuries.

Your G is toast, babe. I trust you receive a fair settlement on your end. I hope there is not a big difference between the settlement check, which you will receive and the cost of the new car, which you will buy.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good thing you are both okay.

That's a lot of damage. As others have said there is no question your car is done. It's a write off.

Good luck with the settlement and with the replacement ride.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:49 PM
O.o.. damn that's the first f'd up g35 i seen. i think someone else got into an accident turning off the vdc, but damn.. that rear end is officially stamped slavage. Good luck with everything

Old 11-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by partyman66
I would also like to know how it will all end up. If understand you correctly, the final disposition is as follows: SUV was hit from behind by you, you were hit by another car, and that car was also hit from behind.

Hypothetically speaking, what if you hit the SUV first, and then two other cars hit you. Of course, those two that hit you are going to be at fault for not keeping a proper distance, but you could be blamed as well. And it looks like it is going to be tough to prove using word only that you haven't done that.

A friend was told in the traffic school that often, when cars pile-up like that, cops give tickets to EVERY CAR except the first one, which was only hit from behind. They argue that if the distace to the car in front of you were appropriate (whatever the hell it means they do not specify) you wouldn't have been plowed into the car in front of you.

I am sure careful investigation should be able to figure out who was actually at fault. However, in reality, mistakes happen, and I hope no fault would be assigned to you. Good luck.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:00 PM
You're close Ja Ja, but I didn't hit the SUV until I was hit. So the question is: should I get another G35? I wish they'd make a convertible version (of course it would have been much worse in this accident to have)...

As for assigning fault, the officer basically wrote down that it looked like I was stopped and pushed in his report. He felt there would have been way more damage to the SUV if I'd plowed into it. We'll see what happens, I'm anxiously awaiting word.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:11 PM
the new g35's are coming out in a year? if you like the g35 and want to be a g35 fanatic, then what i recommend..... buy an used g35 (i would say sedan so you have more room and won't modify it and save your money) and then when the next gen g35's are released you can sell that used 02 or whatever it might be and get a brand new one!

Old 11-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Alumni****
to me it looks similar to my total loss back in 04.. front and back were pretty much obliterated.. i really do hope it's a total loss for you.. waiting to get that car repaired will take a long long time..

good luck with everything..

Old 11-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry about the car, but I'm glad to see you're both ok!

I also had a chance to see the G's brakes stopped me on a dime....and I've wondered what would happen if somebody behind me couldn't stop as fast as me. Good luck with the insurance, looks totalled to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help, do you think it's totaled? :(