G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help, do you think it's totaled? :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Meeno24
I dunno dude, that's exactly what happened to me and I wasn't responsible for a dime. Sitting at a light, get rear-ended, hit the car in front of me. Again, the chick that rear-ended me was drunk, but by your logic that shouldn't matter, right?
If the parties involved were drunk, then of course that matters. Mitigating factors, bro. If you are drunk, then you shouldn't even be on the streets. I think people falling asleep behind the wheels are more dangerous than drunk drivers. The police can't arrest you if you are sleepy, but they will if you are drunk. Getting back to the subject, the initial guy who posted this thread can be partially or fully responsible for hitting the car in front of him because he had followed too closley. The police will determine the distance he was travelling along with the brake marking patterns on the road etc.. to determine how fast he was travelling and if he had enough distance to brake for the car in front of his. Hopefully he wasn't issued a citation for following too closely. Now, if he had stopped within a safe distance and then the car from behind smashes into him hence causing his car to plunged into the car in front of him, then I can see that the vehicle from behind will be paying for all the damages.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by andychan
If the parties involved were drunk, then of course that matters. Mitigating factors, bro. If you are drunk, then you shouldn't even be on the streets. I think people falling asleep behind the wheels are more dangerous than drunk drivers. The police can't arrest you if you are sleepy, but they will if you are drunk. Getting back to the subject, the initial guy who posted this thread can be partially or fully responsible for hitting the car in front of him because he had followed too closley. The police will determine the distance he was travelling along with the brake marking patterns on the road etc.. to determine how fast he was travelling and if he had enough distance to brake for the car in front of his. Hopefully he wasn't issued a citation for following too closely. Now, if he had stopped within a safe distance and then the car from behind smashes into him hence causing his car to plunged into the car in front of him, then I can see that the vehicle from behind will be paying for all the damages.
That's nice if you can get a cop to come out to the scene of the accident. In my area if there's no injury, it's tough getting a cop to the accident scene.

But let's suppose they did come to the accident scene. Let's examine your proposition.

The police will determine the distance he was travelling along with the brake marking patterns on the road etc.. to determine how fast he was travelling and if he had enough distance to brake for the car in front of his

What brake marking patterns? Almost all cars have ABS which don't leave skid marks.

Now, if he had stopped within a safe distance

If I stop my car before I hit the car in front of me, I've met that condition.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:29 PM
glad you guys are ok, and it looks totaled to me.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:46 PM
'04.5 Black 6MT Coupe
I just got my car back. Almost exacly the same rear damage as your car, none in the front. My total cost was $14,000+, dunno about the front. Good luck and if not totalled, make sure to file diminished value claim!

Old 12-01-2005, 08:50 PM
good thing you walked away... **** happens. just be glad that you and your girl are safe.

i totalled my 04 350Z earlier this year and it was in about the same shape as your car so i believe yours is totalled as well. better off tho, you don't a majorly repaired car...

Old 12-02-2005, 12:41 AM
thats gone

Old 12-02-2005, 05:26 AM
my 04 was not even as bad as this and it was totaled

Old 12-02-2005, 09:49 AM
The car is 100% totaled. I just had a similar accident (except I was the only car involved) and front and rear of the G were smashed to a lesser degree than yours is. Mine was totaled so I'm sure yours is...

Old 12-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Thumbs up It's TOTALED...

***UPDATE***

The insurance declared it totaled. The adjuster didn't even write an estimate for the car, just wrote it off immediately once he saw it. Whew!!

Anyway, he offered me $31,224 for it. It was a 2004 6MT, premium package, brembos, and had 16,900 miles on it. I think that's pretty good, what do you guys think? It still sucks I lost the tax and first year's payments...

Old 12-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! hahahaha good news man. Now onto your new car? Are you gonna stay in the VQ family or wha?

Old 12-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Dont b suprised if they dont they probably will but i towed a hyundai that was in an accident and we thought there was no way that they would fix the car and they actually fixed it but depending on if the pass quarter panel and how bad the pass front is tht wil determine if its totaled but my professional opinion its totaled bring tit to the best body shop in your area

Old 12-11-2005, 07:25 PM
firstly, sorry about the accident, thank god you could work outside with your own.
Show your new baby when things got done.