G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Front License plate ticket...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I tell you folks what . . . If you get pulled over for a simple thing such as a missing front license plate . . . You open the door for the potential of the cops looking for other stuff, which you may not wish for them to find.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Already happened to me about 2 weeks ago, driving home a 6pm from work and look in my rearview mirror to see flashing lights, look down at my speed and all is well so I pull over, told me that I was going 49 in a 45 which I laughed at and he let me go but did give me a fix it ticket which is a no money fine, just to put it on and get it signed off.
He did look at my exhaust and saw my FMIC and smiled but hell all my crap is CARB legal
Moral of the story, just put it on and pay the fine.

Old 11-30-2005, 02:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I don't know......me not having a front plate has actually kept me from getting more serious tickets! I've been lucky enough to sweet talk my way out of a few speeding tickets and have heard " I'll just write you up for no front plate". That being said, I also once got a speeding ticket and a no-front plate ticket in one convenient stop from a CHiPer too!

Old 11-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats funny that you guys have to drive with a front license plate. Everytime i see a car with one down here in Georgia I laugh cause it really is so ugly and takes away from our beautiful front facia. I really feel for you guys, but what can you do. You can always move to the southeast i guess. For the guy who got the ticket, just pay the ticket, you got caught so suck it up. You can afford a G but cant pay a little ticket come on man. Priorities playa.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Misanthropic nut-cracker
You know what they say about ignorance of th e law being no excuse.......good luck! The way I get around it (no front plate) is by carrying around a parts order slip from the Infiniti dealership I used to work at (I have a large stack) showing a plate bracket being on order while I keep my plate in the trunk. The one time I was questioned about I just explained that it was one part that didn't come in for my bumper repair.............it's been over a year now.....so far so good.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
If you do the crime, be prepared to do the time...

What happens if you get too many no front plate tickets, if you put a plate on only to sign it off and then take it off after, every time? Do you just get fix-its? Or is there a more severe consequence after so many no front plate tickets?

Old 11-30-2005, 10:35 AM
Just get a Stillen front license plate kit and put it on. You don't have to drill into the bumper. The ticket that you recieved is a fix it ticket so you have to have it fix.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:49 AM
It's easier to get out of getting the ticket then it is to get out of paying for one. Just pay. I know a girl that got out of it by telling the cop that she didn't know how to put it on.....That would never work for a guy.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Tape the plate on..take a picture of it, and the ticket will get dropped.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Another reason why I would never move to ****-fornia

Old 11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
OMG please tell me you're not going to write a letter proclaiming your ignorance of the local laws. Thats a sure-fire way to get a magistrate to laugh you out of the courtroom with a fine on top of your citation! Good luck!

Old 11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
OMG please tell me you're not going to write a letter proclaiming your ignorance of the local laws. Thats a sure-fire way to get a magistrate to laugh you out of the courtroom with a fine on top of your citation! Good luck!

Old 11-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by kidtronix
And please don't go saying that the Infiniti dealer told you that it would not be a problem. As in your case, some dealers are nice enough to not drill holes into your bumper if you ask them not to (even if it's a law). The last thing we need is dealers getting pressure from authorities for not putting the plates on...and then it becomes mandatory. I think you should just pay for the ticket. Keep risking it afterwards if you want, or like others have said, try the Stillen bracket.

Old 11-30-2005, 08:10 PM
I got one a few months back.. I was going to fight it, but when it came down to it, I couldnt be bothered.. i have one now though.. looks pretty gross, but at least its one less thing to worry about when passing police cars

Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 PM
I got pulled over twice in my G -- about 10 months, and 13,500 miles of driving.

Once I was driving down a back road, doing about 10-15 over the speed limit when I got pulled over, and the cop ended up giving me a ticket for no front plate. Obviously I never asked him, but I assume that he gave me the ticket for no front plate to go easy on me, so its a damned good thing I got that instead of a speeding ticket.

Another time, I got pulled over just for no front plate.. I talked my way out of it saying that this is how I got the car, and that I didn't know it was required since there was no bracket or anywhere to put it as I told him to look at it. He said it was okay, and I was on my way.

Its a $50 ticket here, and a $30 court fee to fight it. I think I'll just pay the ticket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front License plate ticket...