G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Front License plate ticket...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front License plate ticket...

Has anyone ever gotten out of one of these? I am going to dispute with a letter stating that I was unaware of the state law and that my Infiniti dealer told me it would not be a problem. I might also take pictures of the front to show them that I would have to drill holes.

If anyone has successfully disputed one of these, I'd love to know how.

Thanks.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good luck! I would have to believe that your letter would be one of many letters claiming ignorance of the local vehicle codes. If you do present such a letter . . . Blaming it on the dealer would seem like you are passing the buck. Do you know of someone, whom can sign off your ticket . . . Or is it really worth your time and effort to fight this? How do you propose to counter your next citation of the same?

Old 11-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well, it depends on the states, some states require it, some don't. Where I live, MD they require you to have both tags. I think if you don't have the front tag they hit you with a 55$ or 75$ ticket. I tried that excuse too, "I didn't know..." had to pay anyway :P.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:26 PM
dang, well, I live in downtown Denver and have an underground parking garage so i just dont plan on parking downtown ever again, they'll never find me. But can they go after your credit for not paying it? The one day i was lazy and drove to get a burrito they get me. It was only $30 but the principle of it, plus the "parking enforcement officer" was a real jerk about it. I might just not pay it at all.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by scottkusf
dang, well, I live in downtown Denver and have an underground parking garage so i just dont plan on parking downtown ever again, they'll never find me. But can they go after your credit for not paying it? The one day i was lazy and drove to get a burrito they get me. It was only $30 but the principle of it, plus the "parking enforcement officer" was a real jerk about it. I might just not pay it at all.
They will not need to find you . . . Just wait till you try to renew your registration. The "Principle of it?" . . . Hmmm . . . I am confused, here . . . Who violated the local codes? The parking enforcement officer was just doing his/her job. As I tell my kids . . . If you break the rules, expect to be looked upon by the unfavoring eyes of the Law.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:39 PM
What worked for me once, was to mangle your plate, and put it in the trunk, with a broken bracket. Then tell the cop that you were in a recent fender-bender, and the bracket broke, and show it to them.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Obsessive Owner
Originally Posted by avs007
What worked for me once, was to mangle your plate, and put it in the trunk, with a broken bracket. Then tell the cop that you were in a recent fender-bender, and the bracket broke, and show it to them.
haha wow, nice. I bet that would work most of the time, unless the same cop pules you over 2 months later.

Old 11-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZIP TIE IT! and then have a cop sign it off and then unzip tie it. no damages!

Old 11-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator
LMAO . . . And be sure to show the officer your 2 pre-drilled mounting holes, as well.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
LMAO . . . And be sure to show the officer your 2 pre-drilled mounting holes, as well.
All you'll need is the tow-hook-adapter plate. Just bend the plate, and maybe snap or bend the bolt. Then just claim that you need to special order anothre bracket. No need to actually drill holes on your bumper

However, this method won't work if the cop puts the ticket on your windshield, while you are parked somewhere. Though I've never actually seen that happen. But I have been hassled by LAPD after I parked my car and was walking away. Though he told me that he didn't care, and that he knew of "CHiPies" that would ticket me...

Last edited by avs007; 11-29-2005 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey guys, is not having a front plate an offense that you can get pulled over exclusively for?

Old 11-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator
All you'll need is the tow-hook-adapter plate. Just bend the plate, and maybe snap or bend the bolt. Then just claim that you need to special order anothre bracket. No need to actually drill holes on your bumper

However, this method won't work if the cop puts the ticket on your windshield, while you are parked somewhere. Though I've never actually seen that happen. But I have been hassled by LAPD after I parked my car and was walking away. Though he told me that he didn't care, and that he knew of "CHiPies" that would ticket me...
LOL . . . I gather the sarcasm went over your head. Fact of the matter is . . . Everyone knows the potential consequences of their actions . . . Suck it up.

Last edited by Andy2434; 11-29-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by scottkusf
Has anyone ever gotten out of one of these? I am going to dispute with a letter stating that I was unaware of the state law and that my Infiniti dealer told me it would not be a problem. I might also take pictures of the front to show them that I would have to drill holes.

If anyone has successfully disputed one of these, I'd love to know how.

Thanks.
Ignorance of the law is no defense

Old 11-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by autopainter
Hey guys, is not having a front plate an offense that you can get pulled over exclusively for?
Yes Sir! I was cruising up north one weekend, still haven't gotten my plates, so of course no front bracket or anything. This CHIPie heading the other direction on the freeway eyes my ride, tears @$$ through the median, and is weaving in and out of traffic to catch up to me. When he got up next to me and saw (by this time) I was politely doing 65, and still had the dealer tags, man, was he pissed! Haha.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:36 PM
That sucks. Well, I'll just have to deal with it when it happens.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front License plate ticket...