G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Garaging the G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What harm can a fuel stabilizer do? My dealer told nme it was ok to use Stabil but I know the dealer doesn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground!

Old 12-08-2005, 06:42 AM
I know that im way too late, but i have been really busy and havent got around to winterizing yet. I was planning on washing and waxing, but it is already really cold outside, and there is snow on the ground. how can you wash or wax in the codl of winter? I was thinking go to a touchless car wash right by my house and bring it home and wax it. Is zaino ok to apply in the cold? its like -10 to 30 degrees F these days

Old 12-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by greenery
I know that im way too late, but i have been really busy and havent got around to winterizing yet. I was planning on washing and waxing, but it is already really cold outside, and there is snow on the ground. how can you wash or wax in the codl of winter? I was thinking go to a touchless car wash right by my house and bring it home and wax it. Is zaino ok to apply in the cold? its like -10 to 30 degrees F these days
I read a good thread regarding this same issue you are talking about. Plenty of information can be found here: https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ht=garage+wash

Hope this helps you.

Originally Posted by partyman66
If you don't plan on starting the car every few weeks or moving it, you might also do the following:

If you don't remove your battery, then I recommend starting the car up every 2 or 3 weeks for a few minutes and move it forward a bit to help the tires avoid flatspotting(althoug modern radial tires are pretty good with resisting flatspotting).. preferably do it on a day that is not super-cold(so the tires are flexible and cold-start isn't as damaging to the engine) and let the car run for a bit.
I have a few questions pertaining to the information stated in your post. I did at first plan on starting my car every 2 weeks or so, but am now deciding to go the other route (not starting it at all).

I have opted not to disconnect, or go a step further as you stated, which was to remove my battery. My first question is, will I be causing my car any damage by doing this?, or am I just being paranoid? . Also, will any damage be caused by me not starting up the car every 2 weeks?, or will it be fine? In reality my car will only be stored roughly 4 months, which in my opinion is not longterm (others may disagree). Bottom line, I just wanted to prep it for storage, and leave it without having to worry about causing it any harm when it's time to use it again.

Last edited by crypten; 12-08-2005 at 08:24 AM.