G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My Test Driving Results: Z vs G vs IS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 10:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: My Test Driving Results: Z vs G vs IS

Good review,almost unbiased.Too bad you didn't drive the 6 speeds.

2003.5 G35
2003 350Z
2003 Murano SL

Old 08-03-2003, 01:21 PM

Did anyone notice where Nissan is on the chart???
Boy, am I glad I got the Infiniti .

Old 08-03-2003, 01:30 PM

Good going, KPZ! This may be your first new car, but you're well on your way to becoming a certifiable car person.

As to the reviews, I'd agree on most of it and disagree on some things but that's natural. Until yesterday, I'd discounted completely the IS300, but then I went for a good ride in it---a friend's. Quite the car, even with the cloth seats which I actually liked very much, and the auto trans. And I do know something about Lex since I owned for five years one of their larger performance cars.

As to dealers, it sounds like the Infiniti person knew his product and wanted to demonstrate some of the potential---great news. Frankly, with the exception of a Nissan for the 350Z, you really won't do wrong by either a Lex dealer or an Infini dealer (that's my hope re Infini dealer since this is the first one I've owned---c'mon Infini--don't make me out to be a liar). Having experienced several Lex dealers across the country, they've been excellent whether they've recently placed first or third in surveys of overall service quality.

Altho completely diff cars, I could see you very happy in either an IS300 or the G35Coupe. If there's any difference whatsoever (and maybe not something to consider in buying a car), the Infiniti may not hold up in re-sale value as well as the IS300---that's just a guess based on other Infiniti models and not the G35Coupe. But you'd definitely have more fun in the G35Coupe. Just my opinion, but I doubt you'll get any serious disagreement on this website/forum.

BONDg35c

Old 08-03-2003, 01:55 PM

Personally, I think you have made your mind up already.

You will be joining the G boat.

The only hesitations you seemingly have is the styling q's or differences from the z to the g. That is completely normal, and it sounds as if you would like to be noticed.

What I would suggest is subtle body kit? rims?
as to "racer" the car up abit.

I dont think your going to get in the IS (mind you buddies for sale there is pretty NICE)

but its not fast enough or head turning for you anymore so your thinking Z

but the Z is not refinded like the IS let alone the G

your gonna get the G
and LOVE IT

Old 08-03-2003, 02:22 PM

My co-worker got the IS before I got my G. He was getting all the attention until the G came along
You could have went with Lexus for reliability, but Infiniti has come a long way in the last couple of years. They are actually beating out Lexus in a couple of categories. Even if they are number #2 in reliability, they have the best service department, #1 baby.
Looks wise, I think the G wins the competition hands down. I didn't like how the IS looked when it first came out, and don't like it to this date.
Go with the G, and enjoy your ride.

Old 08-03-2003, 03:17 PM

Thanks, BONDg35c, DallyCurtis, zorro, and all.

Yes, I have pretty much made my mind on G35c. I wish I could get G35c 6MT but it is just plain out of my price range, and if I wanted to get bareboen model, I need to place an order & wait - which I dont wanna do.

Even if I enjoyed 350Z, I dont think I will end up buying 350Z because of the dealer factor. I live alone so when I take in my car for service then I really need a loaner car, which Nissan does not provide.

My current config is G35C AT /w Premium package. I really want Bose speakers & Sunroof. I can live without other options coming with the package but dealers do not have G35s just with Bose & sunroof, which makes sense..

Old 08-03-2003, 03:54 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

6MT is cheaper than the 5AT..... because it comes with brembos, 18" wheels, leather interior.
with the 5AT that stuff is extra (with brembos NOT available on 5AT)
The Bose system is not woth the $900 extra in my opinion. I have the stock 6cd system and it sounds GREAT. The only difference is that the Bose comes with 2 extra speakers and 100 watt amp.

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow/Grounding Kit

Old 08-03-2003, 04:18 PM

If you decide to go with the 5AT, add the wheels for an extra ~ $500. They are well worth the money, and you get limited slip differential with that option, as well.
Good luck with your ride.

Old 08-03-2003, 04:32 PM

Just a idea ... why don't you check out autotrader.com for a used 6 speed???

may be worth a look and you may be able to get into one for the new 5 at price...

and considering the warranty is still fully intact... it may be in your best interest man.

actually the autos for sale section has some.

PS.

GOOD CHOICE

Old 08-03-2003, 11:00 PM

Hi, about the used MT idea.. I would really want MT over AT but I do not wanna get Used. I've had bad experience with my 2 previous used cars so now I wanna get a new one. Thanks for the suggestions, tho!

Even if the car did not come to the dealership /w the wheel, would dealer be able to add that it in on the spot? I do not want to place an order for that and wait..

Thanks!