G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

This will be my last Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 06:22 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by volnedan
ok i think some ppl here are missing the point. its not that we're bad drivers or dont know how to drive stick or avoid potholes (try driving in michigan year round). Its just that some cars are put together better than others which shows a lack of consitentsy with buidling a quality product. I had squeaks/rattles since the first month and it didnt make me wanna sell my ride. I had Z28 and mustang gt before and didnt have this many rattles, no bs, and not hating on my car. I still love it, just wish i didnt get the crap one that sounds like UAW worker assembled.
A lack of consistensy? Do you know how many g35 coupes have been built over the span of 3 years? Id say about roughly 50,000. You know roughly about how many have SERIOUS rattles? NOT TOO MANY. Seriously people, stop fvcking bitching about rattles, its a DAMN CAR. Do you know how many DAMN parts, bolts, nuts, panels make up a DAMN car. A car is a moving object, affected every single time you take it out of that drive way, by every day wear and tear. A car will survive thru snow, rain, you name it, it will most likely survive thru it. Most cars last 10-15 years, does that not amaze you? How basically a piece of metal put together by nuts, bolts, and many other things survives every single days wear and tear? Honestly, have you ever seen a car being built? It is truly amazing, of how far our technology has come. Seriously people, man (or woman) the fvck up and get used to the rattles, or fix em yourselves but stop complaining. Its a car for gods sake.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your thoughts are for you. I will have my own thoughts. If I don't like the fact that my G has been a POS then I won't accept your opinion that it is ok and I should be happy because you are so important and that I just don't know how to think for the past 50 years and let you run the rest of my f'ing life!

It isn't what you are saying it is how you said it. IMHO goes a long way

do you have any real stats on "serious rattles". do you have a definition of serious rattles? why should I fix them? my friends g doesn't have them why should I? Is it OK for the car to stall only once in a while, many parts go into an engine and drive train, Should I expect them to work ? Should I expct the tires to hold air butits ok for them to shake? where do you draw the line?

I did my part, I signed the check properly....

These issues are part of what determines one manufacturer from another.

Mark

Old 12-22-2005, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by picus112
I'm never buying a house again because sometimes at night I can hear the pipes creaking. What's up with that? We paid 300x for the house what we paid for our car and it still rattles!?!?! GOD I HATE HOUSES.

HAHAHA lol

Old 12-22-2005, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by calejohnson
the build quality is excellent. Better luck with your next ride!!!
excellent compared to a honda...the materials used could be better and tighter...

and yes the car rattles here and there... i guess some people think differently of the "rattles" and what is considered a "rattle" .....blind infiniti pride once again

Old 12-22-2005, 07:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chilibowl
A lack of consistensy? Do you know how many g35 coupes have been built over the span of 3 years? Id say about roughly 50,000. You know roughly about how many have SERIOUS rattles? NOT TOO MANY. Seriously people, stop fvcking bitching about rattles, its a DAMN CAR. Do you know how many DAMN parts, bolts, nuts, panels make up a DAMN car. A car is a moving object, affected every single time you take it out of that drive way, by every day wear and tear. A car will survive thru snow, rain, you name it, it will most likely survive thru it. Most cars last 10-15 years, does that not amaze you? How basically a piece of metal put together by nuts, bolts, and many other things survives every single days wear and tear? Honestly, have you ever seen a car being built? It is truly amazing, of how far our technology has come. Seriously people, man (or woman) the fvck up and get used to the rattles, or fix em yourselves but stop complaining. Its a car for gods sake.
I am brand agnostic. Many of you have had good experiences with your G and you should remain loyal to the brand. My experiences haven't been good, and therefore this will be my last Infiniti. This doesn't mean that I will be selling my Infiniti tomorrow. It does mean that this will be my last Infiniti, and I sure as hell won't be recommending them to my friends.

Yeah, I'll continue to invest hours locating and repairing rattles, but I won't subject myself to this again. I've got better things to do with my time than repair rattles. Of course if I want to ride in a rattle free car, I could just borrow my son's '95 Mercury Sable. The car has well over 100K miles on the odometer and doesn't have a single rattle. It's amazing that a company like Ford can do something that Infiniti can't.

As far as how many Gs rattle, neither you or I have any idea. All I can tell you is that mine does rattle, and the two G loaners I got when I had my car in for service also rattled. Also, I have a friend who has an '03 G coupe that rattles, but he uses the "put the stereo on loud" solution to cure his rattles.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:09 AM
So you knew the G35s rattle because of your friend's 03...., but you got it anyways.. just like "bad girls" - you know they are bad, but looks so good and do it anyways....

Old 12-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by x350zowner
So you knew the G35s rattle because of your friend's 03...., but you got it anyways.. just like "bad girls" - you know they are bad, but looks so good and do it anyways....
LOL I was hoping that his was the exception to the rule. As I posted earlier my previous experience with Infinits was that they were bulletproff. Since those who have rattles seem to be in the minority, mabe our cars are the exception to the rule. I do agree with you about the looks of the G coupe. IMO it's about the best looking car on the road. I use to own an '02 M3 that had great performance but looked kind of plain. The M's looks are greatly improved by the quad exhausts, 19" wheels, side vents, and low profile tires, but it's no match for the G in the looks department. Now if only the G had the M's performance.

Old 01-22-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by FAST1
It's been a long time since I've owned a car that squeaked and rattled as much as my G coupe. I've owned it for six months and 3500 miles, and it seems that every week a new rattle appears. I repaired the rear view mirror rattle, the clock rattle, the sun roof rattle, and now another rattle has appeared in the passenger side front seat area. I don't know if it's the air vents or speaker. I also get the sound of air passing through the driver's side window when it's cold outside.

I know that rattles are just a nuisance, but to me they are an indication of a car's build quality, and the G is obviously lacking in that department. These constant rattles wouldn't be acceptable on a $10K Hyundai, much less on a upper $30K supposedly luxury car.

+1 Back to Lexus

Old 01-22-2006, 07:07 PM
whats with all the sarsasm, not everyone is lucky like the rest of you sarcasmists that posted in this thread. dont judge those with problems with their cars. I too got rattles and pops and ticks in my car. so i fully understand Fast1 and what hes going thru. Even im thinking of trading in my G because of the rattles. So stop with the offensive talk of how "girly" our reactions are. Walk in our shoes and experience driving a car that rattles each time you drive it.

ok, Fast1, about your rattles. Im probly the most **** about the G's perfection so i really study those rattles in my car. here are my suggestions.

1. Air vents are rattle issues, there are TSB for them. tell the dealer and theyll check it. (i got mine replace lastime like 3 weeks ago for drivers airvent)
2. pops and ticks sound that seems like coming from the windows of the doors, and i just figure this out, are coming from the silvery slips outside of the car. those silver strips that rounds around the window frame. open your doors and place your palm and squeeze the silver strip, they will sound of pops and ticks. because they are not glue tight in, their loosen and space inside is causing the rattles when window vibrate and transfer the vibration to them.
3. inside doors might loosen, my driver side door arm rest pops and ticks when load music, ask the dealer to show you how to open the inside door panel and you can do that whenever your car rattles there.

Im going to dealer tomorow and going to do what i mention to my car. Im very confident that those are the sources of the problems. help these applies to you car Fast1/. gl

Old 01-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Hmm...I've had my G for almost 4months now and 5100miles with still no creeks and rattles?? I'm also not lookin for it all the time I drive the car.....

Old 01-22-2006, 07:33 PM
was gona put a couple of pictures up to show the areas i am refering to, but the dam thing wont let me upload. keep saying my image exceeds the limit.

owell...

Old 01-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
drama queens.......

Old 03-30-2006, 10:48 AM
did you ever notice the rattles when you test drove the coupe off the lot? maybe not because you loved the car too dam much to even notice even if you did hear them

there are too many factors in your everyday driving that could cause them: rough roads, aftermarket accessories, etc. but yeah i'm not trying to convince you to stay with infiniti but dam if that g35 coupe concept ever comes to production i bet your *** you'll be crawling back

Old 03-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by dominoedge
I had a pretty bad rattle in my car. Turns out it was two CDs clicking together in the passenger's side door.

/Doh!
hahahah
I was going to post the same thing

I have 3 rattles:
my CDs, my seatbelt (fixed by just moving them a bit), and sometimes the car rattles after driving on horrid roads (I have no choice sometimes )

the only thing that TRULY gets to me, and this is not a G-coupe problem
is those damn whistling brakes!! ARGH
but after going for a ride in my friend's 2004 STi with upgraded Brembos
I realized.. I dont got it so bad.. his scream louder than his engine

Old 03-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by LjN_728
You know how to get rid of those rattles...TURN UP YOUR STEREO!!
LOL!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This will be my last Infiniti