G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

The G lives up to its reputation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
btw, gook-jobs pwn you (insert smiley face here)

Old 12-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35sedan
Sorry to hear about your unluck. But I want to clarify something. My family has owned seven Japanese cars within this twelve years after we immigrated to the U.S., and they are 1988 Mazda 626 sedan, 1995 Honda Accord V6 sedan, 1995 Toyota Camry V6 sedan, 1996 Honda Accord sedan, 2001 Acura 3.2CL coupe, 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan, and 2004 Lexus RX330 FWD wagon, and none, I meant absolutely none of them have rust problems whatsoever. Of course where we live help, and it is Southern California. Just because they are japanese cars, doesn't mean they are "rust bucket". But since you are so mad about japanese cars, probably you should shift to German cars, but keep in mind by then electrical problems might appear.......especially Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
I agree you have better weather in CA for cars.

And I do own two other cars, and both are MB. As I mentioned, my '87 don't have any rust on it. And it is used frequently in the snow and salt all its life. Guess I am just very disappointed with rust showing so early in my G. I am sure my condition is just one out of millions.

Old 12-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Boduho
Anyone who is idiotic enough to trash all cars from one country probably doesn't care about being sensitive. I assume Elau won't buy any form of transportation other than a wooden carriage because EVERY manufacturer from EVERY country has had one car that's been defective.
Thanks for calling me an idiot, it's OK.

So other members who complaint about their rattles, clicking noise in the rear end, leather cracking is perfectly OK then?

Just to let you know, if I have a wodden car, I will still be complaining if there is any defect. As long as I have to pay for anything with my hard earned money, you bet I will complaint.

Old 12-25-2005, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by patrickwong
***?!
Dude, i hope you are Asian. Otherwise, you should use the correct term to describe a car from Japan.
It doesn't matter whether or not this person is Asian or not . . . The referenced term is derogatory and below board. However, I truly belive and trust that the term was not used in a bad sense in this case.

Old 12-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Knightt
I don't know about the whole rust bucket thing applying to Japanese cars but all I know is that my 1996 Infiniti I30t with 140k miles on it didn't have any rust and I have driven it mostly in the snowbelt area of Ohio when I use to work for a client in that area. So the car definitely gets its share of snow and salt...the only thing rusting is the underbody of the car where I can't reach, other than that, the car gets washed anytime I have salt on it during winter (plus I'm **** because the car is black and I hate how it looks with salt). Even at that time I didn't even have a garage to put it in since my house was in the process of being built. But maybe when I applied 3 layers of wax before winter may have helped? Well, the G is definitely sitting in the garage through winter...it's nice to have a beater to drive around
That is what I am trying to point out. I do have a beater to drive around when the weather is less than cooperative. My pet peeve is that it rusts on area that shouldn't, on a car less than a year old and never out in the element. It was purchased in the Spring of '05 and the rust is not caused by rock chip. It just rusting away on it's own - right throught the paint.

Old 12-25-2005, 04:12 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
"*** cars"?? Rust buckets?? Just somewhat of a generalization there and not really acceptable slang.

Shame you've got some rust on your G. You don't say where or how much but I doubt you will need to "junk it" just yet. Contact the dealer and have an inspection done on the rusted areas. If they are not caused by perforation from something like a stone chip the manufacurer will warranty it and either replace or repair the area in question.

After that it might be an idea to sell your G if you still believe they are an inferior product to German manufactured cars.
I corrected the 'slang' slip....... good catch Deane.

Elau, That's way too early and an aberration, I'm sure. Have the dealer check it out and fix it.
G/L
C.

Old 12-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my little car built in JAPAN. Many times cars are damage in shipping or at the port.
And just not prepped right at the dealer. My guess is this is what happened.

PS It could always be worse, You could live in Utah and not be MORMON (LDS)
I like being a minority here.

Old 12-25-2005, 06:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
How do you get 8k on the clock? Mine only goes up to 12.

Old 12-25-2005, 07:03 PM
One thought is that there was damage in transit and it was repaired before it was first sold. I'm not next to the car, but I think the rear glass is bonded in so that if it was cracked or broken, it would need to be carefully taken out. I have a "german" car with a bonded front windshield and it is common for a bad install of a replacement windshield to result in rust along the bottom edge. I had that car's windshield replaced by a experienced shop when I found out that the previous Owner had replaced the windshield and screwed up the install (chipped out glass, scratched metal, plugged up the weep holes), that resulted in rust well after I bought it. That shop also dealt with all Dealer repairs for "new" cars damaged in transit. It is little known that new cars may have been repaired for such damage as hail, paint scratches, etc.

Just a thought. Check out the area carefully to see it appears to be a repair.

Last edited by spwong; 12-25-2005 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Like everyone already posted.. one car can be defective and that's why we have warranty.. you are acting like a younger kid talking your shiit, you are clearly putting in your post all *** cars have problems why don't you do a little reading and don't forget where the best engines come from.

I've owned all japanese made cars and I've never encountered rust or even at that any mechanical issues.. I live in Hot Cold New England and run my car everyday and it is parked fine on the street in Boston.. I've never had rust on my car thus the longest I've kept a car is 5 years and No I don't lease.

Run my car through rain, sleet, snow, ice, sunny, cold, fog.. name it and I've driven in the weather with my car and I've had no problems..

Old 12-25-2005, 11:36 PM
I am sorry to hear about your G.
I too would be upset. That said, I also own a 2000 RX300 AWD, which has 75,000 miles and spent all of its years driven in the east coast (some harsh winters and a lot of salt) and it has no rust...None!
My brother has a 2001 Subaru Outback L.L.Bean which went through some harsh winters in PA, and it too has no rust.
I don't know if Nissan is worst ( I think not) but Japanese cars don't rust anymore. Look at all the new Subarus in the NE, or all the Lexus RXs, none have any problem.
I can name you tons of problems German cars have, which would be more valid than Japanese cars having rust.
Hope your dealer would fix the problem...good luck

Old 12-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
So last week one of my gutters clogged and we had some water spill into our upstairs crawlspace. Damned american made gutters - I'm never buying anything American again.

Seriously though - sounds like the panel/paint was damaged somehow and has since rusted. Either that or its a genuine defect with your car (highly possible), if it makes you feel any better I have almost 80,000km on my G and drive it all through the winter here in Toronto, and there are no signs of rust. I do see a lot of my customers cars with rust in paint chips though - so if the paint was damaged that would explain it.

Cheers.

Old 12-26-2005, 01:10 AM
Very odd. I have owned nothing but Japanese cars as thus far none of them have rusted. But I am glad you posted your experience so that we can be on the watch for any issues.

Old 12-26-2005, 03:06 AM
Never enough
Im sure this is surrfice rust. If not then something has happend to the paint in that spot like it being chipped or something. Im sure whatever it is the dealer will take care of you.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Msedanman
I corrected the 'slang' slip....... good catch Deane.

Elau, That's way too early and an aberration, I'm sure. Have the dealer check it out and fix it.
G/L
C.

Thanks Colin. Maybe you missed the second one there though?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The G lives up to its reputation