G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Questions on the 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions on the 6MT

hey, Im pretty new here but am looking to get a G35coupe 6Mt this summer. I have a few questions if you all dont mind...

1. Heated leather seats are standard?/power/lumbar?
2. Comes with the Brembo brakes standard on the manual?
3. can you find one without a moonroof...? why need to add that for the aero package(on their site)
4. aluminum pedals?
5. LSD and... wheel hop on launches?
6. dual zone climate control on premium package or else...?
7. ride quality... better or worse than an S2000?
8. redline... high rpm or low rpm power?
9. quality was poor on the Altimas after 1 yr...guesses on g35?
10. no discounts on the 6Mt right??

THANKS alot for any feedback on any questions

-Shahul

WTB: Black G35 coupe 6MT
Current: 2002 Acura RSX typeS (Artic Blue) 4 sale
Many, many mods

Old 12-22-2002, 08:37 PM
Re: Questions on the 6MT

I got mine coming in Feb. I have answers to most of these.

1) Heated seats standard. power standard. lumbar (I've heard no, but these are some of the most comfartable driver seats ever, and supportive)
2) Brembo standard on 6mt
3)You will probably be able to order your car without a sunroof it you just want aero. At first, they were'nt making many cars that weren't heavily optioned, but now that most people have to order their coupes, many can get them how they want. See if you can find a dealer who will
4)aluminum pedals are not available from the factory at this time, but many aftermarkets are available
5)LSD is standard on 6mt, so is VDC (which should be turned off for faster launches)
6)dual zone climate only on premium
7)Have driven both an s2000 and a g35 coupe. Both handle extremely well, but g35 definitely have a bit softer of a ride (it's definitely not "soft" though and is stiffer than the sedan, a bit softer than a Z)
8) redline is at 6500 (i think) and most of the hp is after 4k, but it has plenty of torque down low (especially compared to a honda)
9)this is an infiniti not a nissan, built entirely in japan, quality will be better. Infiniti is second only to Lexus in laong term quality
10) almost everyone has been getting msrp on their coupes, unless you live in the midwest. who knows by summer though, but my guess is probably msrp or close to that all the first model year.

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 12-22-2002, 10:30 PM

The seats do have a manual lumbar adjustment. AND they are very nice to sit in.

All G35s with sport package have the LSD and VSC. I have had no wheel hop on launches with either VSC on or off. Of course, I have an auto coupe. I don't know if that makes a difference unless you plan on doing a clutch dump on launch (not smart)

Brembos are standard on 6 speeds.

I don't know about this summer, but right now its either get lucky and find a coupe that is optioned like you want and someone ordered and did not take delivery (how I got mine) or order one and wait at least two months. Expect to pay at least MSRP.

Quality so far is awesome (1500 miles on mine so far, daily driver)

Old 12-23-2002, 06:24 PM

thank you so much for the answers. It helps alot. What is the VSC?? and whats it supposed to do?...is it like the ATTS(anti tourque transfer systems?)

Ive driven S2000's alot and am not happy with the poor ride quality. I know it handles well and with the G35C pulling .9+ lateral's I was wondering if it was the same. Its good to know its better...maybe not Lexus smooth, but I guess I really need a test-drive. Im 23 and they wont let me just DRIVE one. Even though my $24k 2002 RSX is paid off in 1.5 year.

-Shahul

Many, many mods

Old 12-23-2002, 06:33 PM

Yeah, it can be tough to find a dealer willing to let you test drive a coupe right now, many don't even have any. VSc or VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) is a system of electronics and brakes that sense whether the car needs to apply brakes or switch torque around to maintain control. It's a complex system of sensors, much like the ones found in a BMW. You'll find the ride to be more comfortable than an s2000, but even though they both handle very well, the handling is definitely different in both the cars.

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 12-24-2002, 05:15 PM

I picked up nearly the exact car you are looking for in late November, have 2000 miles on it and love every minute of it. I did not get aero (did not like aesthetics of wing) or navigation (for $2,000, I'll call for directions). Other than that, loaded. The VDC controls wheel spin. If you hammer the gas with the VDC activated (the default position), the car either applies the rear brakes or cuts fuel to slow you down. If you want to spin, a simple push of a button turns it off. From a safety standpoint, it is a great addition. It does downplay the "fun" quotient a bit. Fortunately, you can turn it off at your leisure.
I will let you know IF and WHEN I figure out how to post the pictures of it.

6MT
Premium
Black/Black

Old 12-24-2002, 06:26 PM

stewa101, I saw metal pedals in Edmunds' photos for the 6MT. For me, that was part of the appeal. Why the change ?? http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/infi...m/photo_3.html

...dean

Old 12-24-2002, 07:51 PM

I see... so there is just a button to turn off the Stability Control. That is very good news.

-Shahul

Many, many mods