G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I hate freaking warranties

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freaking warranties

I brought my used 2003 g35 coupe in NY back in nov (I stay in VA). The car rides excellent, but I have a few things that I believe are warranty issues that I noticed a few days ago. They are minor I believe, however, I had some bad experiences with my old mustang and just do not want to go through the same thing. I'm hearing a slight squeak when the A/C is on, I have a very very light vibration coming from my dash that I noticed when the radio is off, and I noticed every time I get out my vehicle I hear a clicking or light pop which I believe is coming from the exhaust pipes. Its only when the car has been running for more than 15 20 minutes or so and stops after the car seems to cool down. So I'm guess its something in the muffler or that area getting hot.
Well I called and tried to describe the problems that I was having and the lady on the phone told me that they might be maintenance issues because my car has never been services (with the last owner, 27,000 miles). She said she may have to charge me 90 bucks an hour to see what the problem is since the car was never service by the previous owner.....In other words, it seems as though they would have check and fixed the problems with no problem if it was on a proper maintenance schedule with Infiniti...
Any verbage to get around this possibility regarding maintenance? I'm sure I’m in for a doosie and would hate to pay for a part going bad or something of that nature.

Last edited by brikkman; 01-12-2006 at 09:15 AM. Reason: for better title
Old 01-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sounds like u still have warranty and your dealer doesn't want to work on your car... that's b.s. the dealer also should have done a proper inspection before releasing the car to u. take it back to the original delear that u bought the car from and demand that they inspect/fix your car for any possible problems u think u may have. u shouldn't have to pay a single penny.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:58 AM
i brought the car in NY
I'm in VA
any other suggestions?

Old 01-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dealer

The clicking noise you hear is the exhaust pipes. After they get hot they expand, and what you hear is them cooling down. After a long or hard drive every car's exhaust clicks and pops, at least I've heard it on all my previous cars. So do not worry there. \
The noise in the dash might be the rearview mirror, next time you hear it, grab and hold the rear view mirror and see if it stops.
When you go to a dealer you can always tell them that the maintenance was done by you or elsewhere. You are not required to have the car serviced at the dealer although I do. I always drop it off for an oil change, and give them a list of things to test, fix or look at. They never give me a problem, and always are eager to look into everything I ask them to, and they charge me for parts or just oil change.

Old 01-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Banned
that clicking your hearing happens on all cars, its the exhaust for sure.

Old 01-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by TheKnite
The clicking noise you hear is the exhaust pipes. After they get hot they expand, and what you hear is them cooling down. After a long or hard drive every car's exhaust clicks and pops, at least I've heard it on all my previous cars. So do not worry there. \
The noise in the dash might be the rearview mirror, next time you hear it, grab and hold the rear view mirror and see if it stops.
When you go to a dealer you can always tell them that the maintenance was done by you or elsewhere. You are not required to have the car serviced at the dealer although I do. I always drop it off for an oil change, and give them a list of things to test, fix or look at. They never give me a problem, and always are eager to look into everything I ask them to, and they charge me for parts or just oil change.

it was the mirror, thanks

Old 01-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Tell them it was serviced independently. You're not forced to do it through Infiniti.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by brikkman
So I'm guess its something in the muffler or that area getting hot.
Mufflers do have a tendency to get hot. The popping/ticking is normal.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by MechEE
Tell them it was serviced independently. You're not forced to do it through Infiniti.
I was going to use that as my argument. I called the dealer I brought it from and he pulled serviced records and gave me a little more info helping my position. I'm going to try and take it in some time next week to see if its going to fly or die. I wasn't concerned with the exhuast and virbration issue as much as the a/c squeaking

Old 01-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Goods
Mufflers do have a tendency to get hot. The popping/ticking is normal.

Yeah, I figure as much, but does it suppose to do it religiously?

Old 01-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on its religion.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:05 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
LOL, G I F,
.... yes it's normal bro....and will do it more if the G is ridden hard. No worries.

C.

Old 01-13-2006, 09:03 AM
well, I schedule my g for next thrusday noting the other problems, but advised them I was really concerned about the a/c squeaking.....
I'll keep you posted, thanks for the advice board

Old 01-13-2006, 01:51 PM
You are entering a grey area because your car doesn't have any true problems; nothing you described is abnormal. The ignorant lady is basically saying if you want us to run around and inspect the car for problems, we can do that for $90/hr. A good dealer shouldn't refuse warrenty work based solely on the lack of inspections. They have to prove lack of needed maintenance caused the problem. If you let them push you around they will. Read about the 30k 60k etc service for more information.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Beowulf
You are entering a grey area because your car doesn't have any true problems; nothing you described is abnormal. The ignorant lady is basically saying if you want us to run around and inspect the car for problems, we can do that for $90/hr. A good dealer shouldn't refuse warrenty work based solely on the lack of inspections. They have to prove lack of needed maintenance caused the problem. If you let them push you around they will. Read about the 30k 60k etc service for more information.

Even the squeaking a/c when its turned on?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I hate freaking warranties