G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How's the G35 coupe or sedan in the snow?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How's the G35 coupe or sedan in the snow?

I apologize if this topic has already been addressed, but I'm thinking about buying a G35 coupe or sedan and was wondering how the car handles the snow. I live in Wisconsin where the roads can get quite a bit of snow on them before the plows are able to get it off. I'm worried a rear-wheel drive car like the G35 will get stuck often. Anyone who's had experience with driving their G on the snow, please respond. Thanks for any comments.

Old 08-12-2003, 08:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: How's the G35 coupe or sedan in the snow?

Sorry no snow here in Cali but I have seen many people in the eastern states mention some issues. Not that they can't be expected with a car like this that has alot of HP and Torque in rear wheel drive. The vehicle comes equipped with VDC which uses the ABS, BRakes, and Engine throttle modulation to prevent most slippage but some have said that it doesn't always work the best. Wait and I'm sure there will be a few more responses, I think the car is more that worth it though. On a side note there have beeb leaks of info from various dealers saying that the 04' Sedan will finally be available with the 4WD system like the one in japan. Maybe I would wait to find out about that. If it does I'll be bent because 4WD and AWD rocks on Sports Sedans. C ya. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 08-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i drive my coupe in the winter in cleveland. Snow tires are a must and if go over 2500 rpms the back will come out on the snow. it is manigable in the snow but its not great. if it storms a lot and there is a lot of snow sitting on the ground then it will be tuff with the low ground clearence. I made it through the winter with no problems. Good luck.

Old 08-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With winter tires on my sedan, no problems here in Edmonton. I think the sedan has less ground clearance than the coupe.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 08-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take whatever you hear/read with a grain of salt. A lot is going to depend on the driver (snow driving skills, snow logic, etc) as well as the kind of tires they have. I've read good and bad comments about the car in snow, but they NEVER mention the kind of tires they have or what they are comparing it against. Obviously the car is not going to be as good as a 4WD truck, as the summer performance tires will not be ase good as the all season option (winter package).

As for me, I also live in Wisconsin and went with the winter package with all season tires. Because I work at home and the wife has a good winter car I figured it was worth the chance. Worst case I buy a set of cheap rims and snow tires or a winter beater car, but I really don't think it will be needed.

A few positive comments:
http://www.autofieldguide.com/driven/0403dri08.html
http://www.6mt.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=603

Try searching the forums
https://g35driver.com/forums/search.php
http://www.6mt.net/forum/search.asp
http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/search.php?Cat=

ANYBODY WHO REPLIES PLEASE SPECIFY WHAT YOU HAVE FOR TIRES AT THE VERY LEAST. Sorry for 'shouting', but wanted to make sure you saw this. :-)

Old 08-12-2003, 11:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you all for the valuable and speedy feedback. Keep it comin'.

ReDRoK8,
Excellent point about the 4-wheel or all-wheel drive on the 04s. This is certainly a good reason to wait. What is the best way to find out if AWD (and other improvements) will be on the 2004 models?